College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

1 minute ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Respectfully disagree......Both went to 2 of the top 3 DB producing Schools of NFL DB's (LSU, OSU and Univ. of S.C.) Delpit started as a Freshman......Wade did not.....from watching both for multiple years, Delpit has been a beast since he took over for Jamal Adams IMO. Grant Delpit had more Sacks, Tackls for loss and Ints (Splash plays) in his Soph year than Wade was able to produce in 3 years of playing (and 17 less tackles Soph yr vs 3 years starting).....The Stats, seem to confirm what my eyes have seen....

Oh and if we want to talk about playing out of position....Grant Delpit did it his last year at LSU AND won the Thorpe award as the Nations top DB....WHILE playing out of position.....

https://www.goerie.com/sports/20200104/delpit-caps-unusual-season-for-lsu-with-trip-to-title-game

I'm Just Saying......

The college awards are interesting. Even LSU fans would tell you that he did not have a good finally year there and that the award he won was predetermined. A lot of those awards are just based off of name recognition and popularity entering and throughout the season. With that said, he was fighting injuries and was out of position, so I’m not saying I am down on him. We really need him to step up and I have a big year. We could really use a physical and athletic presence in the back end, which he has the potential to be.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, FGK said:

Out of position? Delpit never changed positions. He was hurt the last year.

And besides, we shouldn't have. Every Browns fan knows in our hearts that that pick ALWAYS should have been Antoine Winfield.

Hind Site is 20 20, I dont either pick could go Wrong...but I liked Delpit more coming out of College, more tradition a the Program, Delpit had not missed significant time with injury in College (winfield missed most of 2 seasons with leg injuries), Delpit was much Bigger and had much better combine/pro day results, and Delpit could play either Safety, drop in the slot or play LB, so IMO better position versatility. I liked Winfield for his Blood Lines (his pops was a monster) and his KR/PR ability. I had Delpit rated as a top 15-Top20 pick, and Winfield jr. as a 2nd rounder.

Based on all of that, as well as watching them both play multiple college games (Winfield jr. mostly from his last year...the other two he was hurt most of the year) and thats why I thought Delpit was the superior prospect.

We all can say, what we should have done based on what has happened......but its about making the best decision at the time, with info that was available.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Respectfully disagree......Both went to 2 of the top 3 DB producing Schools of NFL DB's (LSU, OSU and Univ. of S.C.) Delpit started as a Freshman......Wade did not.....from watching both for multiple years, Delpit has been a beast since he took over for Jamal Adams IMO. Grant Delpit had more Sacks, Tackls for loss and Ints (Splash plays) in his Soph year than Wade was able to produce in 3 years of playing (and 17 less tackles Soph yr vs 3 years starting).....The Stats, seem to confirm what my eyes have seen....

Oh and if we want to talk about playing out of position....Grant Delpit did it his last year at LSU AND won the Thorpe award as the Nations top DB....WHILE playing out of position.....

https://www.goerie.com/sports/20200104/delpit-caps-unusual-season-for-lsu-with-trip-to-title-game

I'm Just Saying......

Yeah he won the Thorpe but it was a gift from What he did the year before. Okudah should have won the thrope that year. Also Delpit, his finally season missed close to 25% of his tackles. That is horrific for any defender. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Monster, but I don’t know if he will be available 

It’s possible he’s not, it’s possible he is due to the fact that bama is loaded and he didn’t dominate the snaps, if he is gone and we decide DT is the route we want to go I wouldn’t be upset with Jay Tufele

42 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

It’s possible he’s not, it’s possible he is due to the fact that bama is loaded and he didn’t dominate the snaps, if he is gone and we decide DT is the route we want to go I wouldn’t be upset with Jay Tufele

I am not excited by any Bama defenders this year

just did a simulated mock in thedraftnetworrk.com and this is what I got

1. Zaven Collins- LB- Tulsa

2. Carlos Basham Jr- DE- Wake Forest

3. Marvin Wilson- DT- Florida St.

3. Paris Ford- S- Pitsburgh

4. Dayo Odeyingo- DE- Vanderbilt

4. Anthony Schwartz- WR- Auburn

5. Labryan Ray- DT- Alabama

6. Trill Williams- CB- Syracuse

7. Rakeem Boyd- RB- Arkansas

• Like 2

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Round 2 or 3 guy I like at Lb

if the browns want to go LB in the 1st. Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah has to be the guy  

If the browns want to go LB in the 2nd. They need to trade up to get Nick Bolton

If they browns want to go LB in the 3rd Its Chazz Surratt Or Jabril Cox. 

• Like 1