College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

On 1/24/2021 at 7:49 PM, buno67 said:

It ain’t worth it to trade up for a LB. also Parsons doesn’t fit the idea LB that fits woods scheme. He wants those undersize nothing be speed LBs. Parson doesn’t seem like that. Parson would be best in a scheme that utilizes his ability to get after the QB. 

Maybe we could be underestimating what Woods wants in his LBs, maybe he's never had a guy with a skill set as Parsons.

Also, I don't see anything wrong with him in a stand up position rushing opposite of Garrett in a pass rushing package to be a light version of Von Miller.

I still don't agree with wasting assets to trade up for him but I am definitely praying he drops.

4 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Maybe we could be underestimating what Woods wants in his LBs, maybe he's never had a guy with a skill set as Parsons.

Also, I don't see anything wrong with him in a stand up position rushing opposite of Garrett in a pass rushing package to be a light version of Von Miller.

I still don't agree with wasting assets to trade up for him but I am definitely praying he drops.

You only trade up if you know that Williams, delpit,despite, and Weaver

Are healthy and practicing 

8 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

if he drops, then there are majors, major redflags. He is LB1. So if he falls to 26 or even the 20s. 

I still think Woods like the undersize guys. I dont bother talking about Micah cause he wont be there for the browns 

10 hours ago, buno67 said:

if he drops, then there are majors, major redflags. He is LB1. So if he falls to 26 or even the 20s. 

I still think Woods like the undersize guys. I dont bother talking about Micah cause he wont be there for the browns 

Good point, he is a top 10 guy, but a guy can dream a little can't he? 

IMO this is a great year to move down for more picks and then trade those picks for viable NFL starters, or move back up into R2 again.

We need instant talent, not bulk picks at this point.

That said, I don't like the LB talent at the end of R1, and I need to see more DB projections too.

I'd deal for Lattimore in a heartbeat, and I'd try to land a huge EDGE splash in free agency (there are 4-6 solid to great dudes out there).

That would free us up to spend some draft assets on LB, DT, and S.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

IMO this is a great year to move down for more picks and then trade those picks for viable NFL starters, or move back up into R2 again.

That said, I don't like the LB talent at the end of R1, and I need to see more DB projections too.

I'd deal for Lattimore in a heartbeat, and I'd try to land a huge EDGE splash in free agency (there are 4-6 solid to great dudes out there).

I think we'll be spenders in FA/Trades as well. I'm positive we'll come away with one or more of these guys:

Melvin Ingram, DE

Leonard Williams, DT

Trey Hendrickson, DE

Bud Dupree, DE

KJ Wright, LB

K'Waun Williams, CB

Jaquiski Tartt, S

Malik Hooker, S

14 minutes ago, Reginaldm9 said:

I think we'll be spenders in FA/Trades as well. I'm positive we'll come away with one or more of these guys:

Melvin Ingram, DE

Leonard Williams, DT

Trey Hendrickson, DE

Bud Dupree, DE

KJ Wright, LB

K'Waun Williams, CB

Jaquiski Tartt, S

Malik Hooker, S

No doubt. Williams and Hendrickson would be ideal. I'd also see if I could get Lattimore "cheap", and then I'd take a flier on the oft injured Hooker.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I'm with you on most of this, but I feel most of the impact starters will come from free agency (and/or a trade or 2).  This may be the last year we're big players in free agency, but I do feel like we're gonna be aggressive again.

We don't need 20 picks this year, but we do need to keep most of the picks we have imo.  Our depth needs to be addressed (especially on D), and the best place to upgrade your depth is in the draft.

6 hours ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Melvin Ingram, DE

Leonard Williams, DT

Trey Hendrickson, DE

Bud Dupree, DE

KJ Wright, LB

K'Waun Williams, CB

Jaquiski Tartt, S

Malik Hooker, S

Ok who due you think would be best for the Browns