College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

15 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Ok who due you think would be best for the Browns 

Tartt and Williams are both secondary guys who have played in Woods' system for the 49ers. Williams was here back a couple of seasons ago so the link is even stronger. 

Hendrickson and Ingram are guys on complete opposite ends of the spectrum who I could see us deciding between. Hendrickson being a kind of one hit wonder who killed it last season and Melvin Ingram being a consistently great player until the last few years where he's been marred by injury. 

Senior Bowl observations:

- Deonte Brown will be a plug and play starter in the NFL

- Rashad Weaver looks like a guy in his 40s trying to lace them up again and show he still has it

- Ellerson Smith is super intriguing to me, he has Jason Taylor vibes IMO

- Carlos Basham is a lot more explosive than I thought

- David Moore is a rock at Center 

- Quincy Roche is explosive 

Edited by MSURacerDT55

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

This smells of Paul Kruger 

Not gonna lie, I thought the exact same thing.

Thing is, Kruger wasn't bad at all for us the 1st 2 years.  Then, he completely fell off the table.

I honestly don't know what we're gonna do at DE, but we've got a pretty big hole to fill, and overpaying for a mediocre FA might be our only move.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Not gonna lie, I thought the exact same thing.

Thing is, Kruger wasn't bad at all for us the 1st 2 years.  Then, he completely fell off the table.

I honestly don't know what we're gonna do at DE, but we've got a pretty big hole to fill, and overpaying for a mediocre FA might be our only move.

Trade for Watt

37 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

To be a defensive end in a 4-3? You think he is athletic enough to keep Lamar Jackson inside of the pocket from outside? I don't think this is a good fit here, but that's me....

He could do it, but his fit here may be at DT. I'd be cool with him across from Garrett just for the sheer Madden of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

To be a defensive end in a 4-3? You think he is athletic enough to keep Lamar Jackson inside of the pocket from outside? I don't think this is a good fit here, but that's me....

at this point in his career with the injuries he's had he would have to move inside, and it would not be worth taking on the salary in my mind

On 1/28/2021 at 9:52 AM, Reginaldm9 said:

I think we'll be spenders in FA/Trades as well. I'm positive we'll come away with one or more of these guys:

Melvin Ingram, DE

Leonard Williams, DT

Trey Hendrickson, DE

Bud Dupree, DE

KJ Wright, LB

K'Waun Williams, CB

Jaquiski Tartt, S

Malik Hooker, S

I don't think, in fact I'm pretty sure we aren't spending much on a LB, I assume we are drafting guys that fit the scheme.

I could see spending a decent amount of money on a DE.  Melvin Ingram is a little older than I assume they go after.

Leonard Williams fits the age but I don't know about scheme.  Hes more of a pass rushing DT or a 5 teach.

I'm not sold on Dupree or on Hendrickson.  But they very well may go after one of them.

I could see Judon if the Ravens try to keep Yannick instead?

I think Malik Hooker is exactly the type of guy this front office looks at however.

They want more depth at safety.  He was let go because of his injuries not his play.  Hes young off is first contract and will probably be a 1 year prove it deal.  Personally  I think he is the guy on this list they are most likely to be our target.