College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

On 1/29/2021 at 11:48 AM, MSURacerDT55 said:

To be a defensive end in a 4-3? You think he is athletic enough to keep Lamar Jackson inside of the pocket from outside? I don't think this is a good fit here, but that's me....

The answer is yes let me line Watt a

Left defensive end then bring in my draft Lamar will wondering why he signed his extension. 

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I still want Christian Barmore with our 1st. He’s not Quinnen Williams or Johnathan Allen, but he can be very good.

Excellent idea but some drafts have him off the boards at mid teens but it is always nice to think about.

On 1/29/2021 at 1:48 PM, MSURacerDT55 said:

To be a defensive end in a 4-3? You think he is athletic enough to keep Lamar Jackson inside of the pocket from outside? I don't think this is a good fit here, but that's me....

It’s not about being athletic enough. It’s about be technically sound enough. Can he do his job to force Lamar to stay outside or do his job to force Lamar back inside where the help is at. Watt is not as athletic as he once was but he will get the job done cause he is very technical with what he does. 

With Woods defensive scheme of 4-2-5, or first pick should be impact DE/DT.  We can get NFL starting LB and S in 3rd.  Some are speculating we use 2nd on WR or CB.  There are a dozen or so studs that opted out for COVID and astute NFL people will look at this segment for value.

• Like 1

Bleacher Report published a mock today that has us picking Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2929090-the-1-prospect-every-nfl-team-needs-to-grab-in-the-2021-draft

This is a refreshing change from the slew of mocks I have read that have us picking  Collins.

Question: If Parsons or Owusu fall to within striking distance should we trade up to get one of them?

Part of me is saying: Yes.

Another part of me is saying trade down for day 2 and 2022 picks.

Edited by bruceb
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, bruceb said:

Bleacher Report published a mock today that has us picking Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2929090-the-1-prospect-every-nfl-team-needs-to-grab-in-the-2021-draft

This is a refreshing change from the slew of mocks I have read that have us picking  Collins.

Question: If Parsons or Owusu fall to within striking distance should we trade up to get one of them?

Part of me is saying: Yes.

Another part of me is saying trade down for day 2 and 2022 picks.

What do Jim Donovan and Doug Dieken have to say about this?

@LETSGOBROWNIES@buno67

Edited by malibuspeedrace