College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

If Newsome didn’t have a awful injury history he’d be a top 15 pick.

I have zero problems drafting him. I’m a huge fan of his game.

Horn just ran a 4.3 looks like we will have to move up to get him

13 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Hopefully 4 qbs go a head of us, so we can still have a shot at a great player

There will 100% be 4 QB's taken before our pick. They will all probably go in the top 10, too.

13 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

If we had two great cbs for even 2 years and myles and another pass rusher you have some defense.

Yeah we need bookend SOMETHINGS. DE's or CB's will do.   I would love a trade-up for Rousseau, staying put for Phillips, or trading down for Oweh. Additionally, I'd love to take Newsome, or trade down and grab Melifonwu or Asante Samuel, depending on whether we need a slot CB or an outside WR (FA pending).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, mtmmike said:

I'm beginning to think every DB is going to run a 4.3, which will put serious questions on the numbers. There are legitimately slow corners running 4.3's. Jaycee Horn is not a 4.3 guy on tape. Eric Stokes, who I like a lot, is not a 4.2 guy.

I think we would have had to move up for Horn regardless of his 40, but I don't think a 40 time this year moves the needle all that much. These numbers are clearly skewed.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LinebackerGod said:

I'm beginning to think every DB is going to run a 4.3, which will put serious questions on the numbers. There are legitimately slow corners running 4.3's. Jaycee Horn is not a 4.3 guy on tape. Eric Stokes, who I like a lot, is not a 4.2 guy.

I think we would have had to move up for Horn regardless of his 40, but I don't think a 40 time this year moves the needle all that much. These numbers are clearly skewed.

You could be right

But I a year of just track training definitely helps.

14 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

Hopefully 4 qbs go a head of us, so we can still have a shot at a great player 

If we had two great cbs for even 2 years and myles and another pass rusher you have some defense.

There's a good chance 5 QB's are taken before the Browns pick. Which is a good thing 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JDD said:

There's a good chance 5 QB's are taken before the Browns pick. Which is a good thing 

I would be SHOCKED if 5 QBs aren't taken before we pick. 4 in the top 10 and then one in the 10-20 range.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FGK said:

I would be SHOCKED if 5 QBs aren't taken before we pick. 4 in the top 10 and then one in the 10-20 range.

T Lawrence, J Fields, T Lance, Z Wilson, all gone by 10

Then M Jones in that 10-20? It will be great if he is gone. Also not the worst if someone wants to trade with the Browns if our guys are gone. Its a good spot to draft a QB if you have an early 2nd round pick. always good to have that 5th year option on a young QB. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LinebackerGod said:
19 hours ago, mtmmike said:

With no official combine, players are doing their 40 times on fast surfaces which will help a lot of slow players have remarkable 40 times this year.  Buyer beware.

Peace!!!

9 minutes ago, cortes02 said:

With no official combine, players are doing their 40 times on fast surfaces which will help a lot of slow players have remarkable 40 times this year.  Buyer beware.

Peace!!!

Isn’t Indy said to have a fast track??