College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

41 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Between the height and the injury history, there’s just too many red flags for me to take him before day 3, by which he’ll be long gone.

I get he was explosive in college, but he barely played and there’s not really a comp for him at his size of someone who’s been successful in the league.  At least not successful enough to warrant a day 1/2 pick.

yeah and everyone hangs their hat on him for his one game vs tOSU. That was one of the worst Ohio State Defenses in 30+ yrs. Look at Anthony McFarland, dude almost ran for300yrds on that same defense that year. 

Like you said about the comp. I think the shortest, most successful WR is Cole Beasley  who is 5'8.

Idk,I just dont want tiny guys. I feel like Baker will do better with bigger guys. Get him guys  that will make his accuracy even better. I really want Nico Collins. I dont know of a WR who has done more with less than him. I also wouldnt mind going after Tarik Black. Another big body WR who was held back at Michigan. I know he transferred out, I remember watching him and liking him a lot but battled injuries at Michigan. 

22 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I just dont want tiny guys. I feel like Baker will do better with bigger guys. Get him guys  that will make his accuracy even better. I really want Nico Collins. I dont know of a WR who has done more with less than him. I also wouldnt mind going after Tarik Black. Another big body WR who was held back at Michigan. I know he transferred out, I remember watching him and liking him a lot but battled injuries at Michigan. 

You're not wrong on Nico Collins. Has serious DPJ potential if it turns out he too has crazy skills and was just suppressed by his offense.

On what WR's to grab Baker though, I tend to think you just look for guys who create separation and run good routes, however they do both. So, big guys could fit that box, but so could a guy who wins with quickness and agility. Once Baker is used to a WR and knows where he is gonna be, he hits him. I think it's why he's struggled with OBJ more at times, who is insanely talented but freelances more because of it. 

So, I definitely agree on trying to find WRs who are good values. I guess I'd just put height as a good thing, but not an absolutely required thing. (At least not big time height, I'm nervous about a 5'7 dude too.) 

2 hours ago, LinebackerGod said:

*Sign DE JaDeveon Clowney for 1-year. 
*Trade both 3rd’s and a 7th for a 2nd. 
*Trade both 4th’s & a 6th for a 3rd. 

#26-Gregory Rousseau DE Miami Fl. 
2nd-Jamin Davis WLB Kentucky
2nd-Ifeatu Melifonwu CB Syracuse
3rd-Tommy Togiai DT Ohio State
5th-Tamorrion Terry WR Florida State
UDFA-Justin Hall WR Ball State
UDFA-Anthony Hines SLB Texas A&M
UDFA-Zach McCloud WLB Miami Fl.

sign me up conor mcgregor GIF by UFC

2 hours ago, LinebackerGod said:

QB: Mayfield/Keenum/Lauletta. 
RB: Chubb/Hunt/Johnson. 
FB: Janovich. 
WR: OBJ/Landry/Higgins/DPJ/Terry/Hodge. 
TE: Hooper/Njoku/Bryant. 
LT: Wills/Taylor. 
LG: Bitonio/Forbes. 
OC: Tretter/Harris. 
RG: Teller/Dunn. 
RT: Conklin/Hubbard

LE: Clowney/Rousseau/Jackson
DT: Richardson/Billing/Jackson/Togiai/Elliot
RE: Garrett/McKinley/Gustin
WLB: Davis/McCloud
MLB: Walker/Wilson/Lee
SLB: Takitaki/Hines (Harrison in nickel).
CB: Ward/Melifonwu/Hill/Greedy/Stewart
FS: Delpit/Redwine
SS: Johnson/Harrison

Major reach on Terry. I've done mocks with him in the sixth. The rest is really good but can't get past this blunder.

D-

3 hours ago, LinebackerGod said:

I can be happy with this

6 hours ago, LinebackerGod said:

I have advocated this approach and applaud it.

Would probably not do it quite this way but this year, considering what we need and where we stand, I think aggregating the picks to land 5-6 quality players is the way to go.

Maybe fill-in (e.g., RB) with a UFDA.

If I had to put money on a player I think the Browns will draft I’m going with Jevon Holland. FO already said they want to add another safety. Holland fits their requirements, productive, versatile, smart, graduated in 2.5 years. Seems like his teammates like him. No off the field drama. Doesn’t have injury red flags that I know of? What do you think?

Another guy that I think Browns will be high on is Joseph Ossai. Dude plays like he’s on fire. Non stop motor. Will take some time to develop but if the Browns move around a little in the draft, I like these two in Brown and Orange.

Edited by Horseunit
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, FGK said:

You're not wrong on Nico Collins. Has serious DPJ potential if it turns out he too has crazy skills and was just suppressed by his offense.

On what WR's to grab Baker though, I tend to think you just look for guys who create separation and run good routes, however they do both. So, big guys could fit that box, but so could a guy who wins with quickness and agility. Once Baker is used to a WR and knows where he is gonna be, he hits him. I think it's why he's struggled with OBJ more at times, who is insanely talented but freelances more because of it. 

So, I definitely agree on trying to find WRs who are good values. I guess I'd just put height as a good thing, but not an absolutely required thing. (At least not big time height, I'm nervous about a 5'7 dude too.) 

I dont know, a bigger WR is going to have a bigger catch radius, meaning baker can put the ball into more spots. I think Moore is one of the more overrated prospects. 

I think height should be an absolutely required thing. You never see WRs that small like Moore making it in the NFL. Extremely small and injury prone, not a good combo

Edited by buno67

If we do actually sign Clowney, I’m fine trading down. Use your highest draft pick to try and get a starter for defense. 

Then start doing what New England use to do: Use draft picks on depth and special teams. Make the bottom parts of your roster more competitive.

Started to watch more of Nico Collins.

He looked much smaller (leaner) and explosive during this pre draft season. Watching him run routes at the Senior Bowl, the dude can snap them off relatively easily. He is much more fluid than I remember him being at Michigan. I wonder how much weight he lost to gain that additional speed and fluidity.

I was a big Nico Collins detractor before the season. I’m still not buying him as a WR #1, but the dude does have the traits. He didn’t ever lack vertical speed, but his stiff hips made his routes predictable. Now the dude seems capable of head faking and planting/exploding in and out of his cuts.

I changed my tune on him. And yes, Michigan does have a pile of alcoholic diarrhea at QB, which doesn’t help. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Buno is right about Nico Collins. I think Harbs just has zero clue what he’s doing and how to use guys like Nico.

Michigan has been clueless offensively since Harbs got there, which is head scratching but it is benefiting OSU and Browns fans because we can get draft steals from them.

Nico isnt the best prospect in the world but he is better than what michigan built him to be. IDK, if im a top HS offensive player, i would not be attending Michigan. 

10 hours ago, LinebackerGod said:

Started to watch more of Nico Collins.

He looked much smaller (leaner) and explosive during this pre draft season. Watching him run routes at the Senior Bowl, the dude can snap them off relatively easily. He is much more fluid than I remember him being at Michigan. I wonder how much weight he lost to gain that additional speed and fluidity.

I was a big Nico Collins detractor before the season. I’m still not buying him as a WR #1, but the dude does have the traits. He didn’t ever lack vertical speed, but his stiff hips made his routes predictable. Now the dude seems capable of head faking and planting/exploding in and out of his cuts.

I changed my tune on him. And yes, Michigan does have a pile of alcoholic diarrhea at QB, which doesn’t help. 

I dont know about losing weight to get faster, the dude was a pretty good deep threat at Michigan.Just rarely had the QB to make the throws for him. The QBs and the overall offense made him and the talent there look like garbage