College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

- accuracy on “big boy” throws. I don’t care if a guy competes 75% of his passes if they’re all within 3 yards of the LOS, I want to see tight window throws down the field, efficiency in the red zone, etc.

Where were those "big boy" throws in their "big boy" game this season? (Coastal Carolina) 

20 hours ago, MWil23 said:

I actually don't like Zach. He has 1 year of production against a bunch of dudes selling insurance now in a COVID year where there were no fans present, and the 1 team he played against that was any semblance of good (also a mid major), he was underwhelming.

I don't get it.

Dude might as well get Covid tatted on his forearm, he benefitted tremendously from it 

14 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Where were those "big boy" throws in their "big boy" game this season? (Coastal Carolina) 

Dude might as well get Covid tatted on his forearm, he benefitted tremendously from it 

his nfl number better be 19 lol

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Granted, I'm not saying that he's not a viable prospect, but at the same time, we've seen these guys pick apart Justin Fields (rightfully so except on the work ethic front, because that's a joke), but his freshman year he looked pretty good, then had a MAJOR sophomore slump (down to 62% completion rate and a 11 TD to 9 INT ratio, with a joke of an AY/A), and there were a host of whispers, like the following:

[Wilson] has character concerns, rich kid who is an entitled brat – uncle owns Jet Blue -, parents are a pain, not a leader, selfish, and he’s a know-it-all.

Then, he had a great junior season against a bunch of inferior competition, and while he can't help that...somehow it made him immune to criticism, and people seem to think that because Patrick Mahomes can be a backyard baller and play out of his mind, making crazy off-platform throws from a variety of arm angles, and do a bunch of things outside the pocket, that it's now considered a universally good thing for quarterbacks, seemingly forgetting guys who did this and failed to varying degrees. (That was actually the #1 criticism I had of Baker in 2019 and going back to college.)

All of a sudden, his junior year his completion % skyrocketed by over 10%, his TD rate tripled, and he decreased his INT by 300%. His worst game of the season was also their lone loss to Coastal Carolina, in which he put up some stats against an umbrella defense and was unable to get it done late.

I get some people see the tools and production, and think that somehow he's figured it out. It's just funny to me that if Fields doesn't play after Clemson, he's likely the #2 lock and can cry "injury", but somehow facing a vaunted Alabama team who was arguably the best in the history of the game (certainly one of), that's actually worse.

I don't understand how some can champion the measurables for Fields and be super hard on him in other areas (which is 100% fair to do to a singular prospect) while simultaneously giving Wilson a pass. It makes no sense. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Oh I’m not defending Wilson at all.

He’s a fine prospect I suppose, but he’s clearly in a 3rd tier.

I see Lawrence as an elite QB prospect by any measure, tier 1 by himself in this class.

Fields is a very good prospect, could be considered qb1 in many classes.  Checks most boxes. Tier 2 prospect, by himself in this class.

I think Wilson and Lance are in the next tier.  Great physical specimens who leave a lot of boxes unchecked imo.

McCorkle is not a viable top pick imo.  Maybe I’m wrong, I’ve been wrong plenty before.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LinebackerGod said:

There are 5-6 trench guys that are all better than Fields over the last 40 years. To say otherwise is just hilarious. Can’t be taken seriously with takes like that. 

coming from the guy who just called Fields a slightly better Mitch Trubisky and Tyrod Taylor. Sorry, im going to hold skill players to a higher light than lineman

7 minutes ago, LinebackerGod said:

There are 5-6 trench guys that are all better than Fields over the last 40 years. To say otherwise is just hilarious. Can’t be taken seriously with takes like that. 

Even then, aside from Pace, I'm taking (no particular order):

RB: Eddie George, Robert Smith, Zeke Elliott

WR: Cris Carter

DL: Dan Wilkinson, Joey Bosa, Nick Bosa, Chase Young

LB: Andy Katzenmoyer (shame he got hurt), A.J. Hawk

CB: (LONG LIST) Springs, Winfield, Clements, Okudah, Bradley Roby

...and that doesn't even take into account dudes that may have been higher ranked that didn't pan out (Bobby Carpenter was seen as a "sure thing").

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, buno67 said:

coming from the guy who just called Fields a slightly better Mitch Trubisky and Tyrod Taylor. Sorry, im going to hold skill players to a higher light than lineman

Trubisky was the first QB taken in his draft. Fields won’t be able to say that, nor will be be able to say he was 2nd. Or 3rd. Maybe not even 4th. But that’s fine...you can believe what you want to believe. 

1 minute ago, LinebackerGod said:

Trubisky was the first QB taken in his draft. Fields won’t be able to say that, nor will be be able to say he was 2nd. Or 3rd. Maybe not even 4th. But that’s fine...you can believe what you want to believe. 

I'd actually take the odds on him being #3 personally. The fact that Wilson is likely going #2 is the most Jets thing I've ever heard of...unless they get peer pressured/suckered into taking Mac Jones...then that's the most JETS thing ever.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LinebackerGod said:

yeah Trubisky can hang his hat on that. If the like of Fields and Lawrence where in that draft, he isnt the #1 QB taken. Wilson and Jones are not better than fields

1 minute ago, MWil23 said:

I'd actually take the odds on him being #3 personally. The fact that Wilson is likely going #2 is the most Jets thing I've ever heard of...unless they get peer pressured/suckered into taking Mac Jones...then that's the most JETS thing ever.

It would be better for his career. I dont want Fields going to a NY team or ATL

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Oh I’m not defending Wilson at all.

He’s a fine prospect I suppose, but he’s clearly in a 3rd tier.

I see Lawrence as an elite QB prospect by any measure, tier 1 by himself in this class.

Fields is a very good prospect, could be considered qb1 in many classes.  Checks most boxes. Tier 2 prospect, by himself in this class.

I think Wilson and Lance are in the next tier.  Great physical specimens who leave a lot of boxes unchecked imo.

McCorkle is not a viable top pick imo.  Maybe I’m wrong, I’ve been wrong plenty before.

I was just adding to it bro, wasn't saying you were defending him. I just hate that he/Lawrence/Jones all get benefit of the doubt with almost no criticism. 

• Like 1