College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

21 hours ago, buno67 said:

Im still on Gregory Rousseau. If we get Clowney, We could really use Rousseau in a Justin Tuck type role. He could come in and Spell Garrett and Clowney when they get tired with Takk and when it comes to 3rd down passing situations, you could put him inside and have him rush as a DT

I was reading that pretty much all his sacks were inside sacks, that he really hasn't ever displayed any evidence of winning by bending the edge. Does that concern you at all, especially after very average athletic testing and only one year of production?

Edited by NudeTayne

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Sign Clowney and draft Oweh + Togiai.

Garrett / McKinley

Jackson / Elliott

Richardson / Togiai

Clowney / Oweh

That’s nasty, idgaf who your LBs are.

What happened to Billings and Weaver?

• Like 2

If we get a quality we it means we have a bunch of flexibility with obj and landry. It sets up for the future really well. If we have a lot of confidence in a wr and less confidence in a de or a dt take the wr all day. 

It sounds like the  class is deep at wr though

• Like 3

3 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

I was reading that pretty much so his sacks were inside sacks, that he really hasn't ever displayed any evidence of winning by bending the edge. Does that concern you at all, especially after very average athletic testing and only one year of production?

He has shown the ability to bend the edge a little bit. It’s not his go-to, but he’s beaten OT’s with speed in almost every game. He’s a finesse rusher with his rip/swims, but he doesn’t get low and bend around the corner like Garrett. That’s fine with me, as long as he can stack a TE in a base front and then abuse guards inside on passing downs. 

54 minutes ago, Kiwibrown said:

If we get a quality we it means we have a bunch of flexibility with obj and landry. It sets up for the future really well. If we have a lot of confidence in a wr and less confidence in a de or a dt take the wr all day. 

It sounds like the  class is deep at wr though

I’ll say it:

IF we sign Clowney and IF a Devonta Smith slips to 15, I’m trading up. He’d be Bakers “Marvin Harrison” for 15 years.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I’ll say it:

IF we sign Clowney and IF a Devonta Smith slips to 15, I’m trading up. He’d be Bakers “Marvin Harrison” for 15 years.

Devonta Smith has the same grade as Lawrence does from me, not factoring in positional importance. He’s an incredible prospect and yeah, if he inexplicably slides, go get him. 

• Like 2

On 4/11/2021 at 3:33 PM, candyman93 said:

If we do sign Clowney, I think WR is a realistic option too.

I say this because of OBJ and his contract.

Forget OBJ. 2021 is going to be Landry's last year as a Brown. At least on his current contract. I would not rule trade after June 1st, which will increase in likelihood based on the quality of WR that is drafted.

WR has always been a realistic option, just by looking at the cap numbers for the WR room.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, ditchdigger said:

Forget OBJ. 2021 is going to be Landry's last year as a Brown. At least on his current contract. I would not rule trade after June 1st, which will increase in likelihood based on the quality of WR that is drafted.

WR has always been a realistic option, just by looking at the cap numbers for the WR room.

Great points. Now go into the FFMD thread and shower me with praise.

On 4/11/2021 at 5:45 PM, LinebackerGod said:

He has shown the ability to bend the edge a little bit. It’s not his go-to, but he’s beaten OT’s with speed in almost every game. He’s a finesse rusher with his rip/swims, but he doesn’t get low and bend around the corner like Garrett. That’s fine with me, as long as he can stack a TE in a base front and then abuse guards inside on passing downs. 

This sounds a lot like what Clowney would do if he signs here.