College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Why can’t Clowney be considered a “mid-term” plan? Especially if he works out here.

Yeah.  Maybe he’s not here for 8 years, but he could be here for 2-3.

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I’m still 100% cool and support drafting a DE with one of our 1st 2 picks. The other pick needs to be a CB.

I think we need someone day 1 or 2, I don’t think we need to force top 60 picks though, especially when we have 3 former first rounders at the position.

They need to add talent there at some point though for sure.

I'll be honest, we really need the following regardless of our current roster and who we sign via free agency, just projecting forward:

1. DE: Even if it's just situational pass rushing. Clowney isn't a pass rusher, Takk is an underachiever, and Myles hasn't played a full 16 games in his career and has been known to hit a wall late.

2. DT: Preferably a penetrating 3 tech that lives in the backfield, especially given the scheme our LB are being asked to run. Our interior pass rush is basically non existent. That said, perhaps the above DE situation allows you to move guys like Clowney and others inside to create this exact pressure package

3. LB: We need a 3 down MLB/Star. 

4. Wide Receiver: Believe it or not, this is a need going forward. We have a LOT of money allocated to OBJ and Landry, but they come off the books in 2023 and likely will not be here past that in any capacity, or maybe even before this.

5. CB: We've at least added Hill, but we need an insurance plan for Greedy.

Realistically, we should go BPA for the above reasons alone, minus the QB, RB, and perhaps OL spots (for the 1st round) and then BPA altogether minus the QB spot Round 2 and beyond.

We don't know about Teller's contract, Bitonio and Tretter are getting older, Conklin may price himself out here in the next couple of years, and we will have decisions to make with Ward, Chubb, and the TE position as well.

On 4/11/2021 at 2:23 PM, NudeTayne said:

I was reading that pretty much all his sacks were inside sacks, that he really hasn't ever displayed any evidence of winning by bending the edge. Does that concern you at all, especially after very average athletic testing and only one year of production?

I would say about half his sacks were from in the inside but are we really going to kill the guy because the DC was creative with how they use him? I would love to see a 2man game with Rousseau and Garrett like that on the left side or right side. Force teams to block Garrett one on one or force a heavy slide to block both of them, leaving the other DL in pretty favorable match ups. I really like Rousseau. I think he is very good at defending the edge and keeping contain and I love it that he has a really good feel for the pocket, that he never rushes past it. That he can recognize that he is getting to far up field and he comes back inside. He feels like the idea guy to deal with a guy like Lamar Jackson 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, LinebackerGod said:

Justin Hall WR Ball State
Paddy Fisher MLB Nothwestern
Dillon Stoner WR Oklahoma State
Isaiahh Loudermilk DT Wisconsin
Lorenzo Neal DT Purdue

off the top of my head.

Those guys, other than Fisher, are still there. I was thinking of grabbing a DT. What do you think of Xavier Kelly, Jordan Scott, Michael Dwumfor in comparison to the two you mentioned. Message me your favorite and your favorite safety sleeper too.

See Greedy is the biggest question mark on the team 

at least with Delpit an Achilles is more straightforward 

but nerve damage we literally have no idea how this is going to turn out 

either he’s going to be able to play and if he does he should bring a starting level of ability 

or

hes absolutely done

we won’t know until we start playing 

so corner honestly could be our number 1 need right now. Or it could be 5th. We’re in such a subjective position. 

you always want as many corners as you can get, but going corner in the first vs the 4th round is a big deal. 

Not knowing how much we can count on Greedy is frustrating 

3 hours ago, brownie man said:

you always want as many corners as you can get, but going corner in the first vs the 4th round is a big deal. 

I wouldn’t at all be surprised if they went corner in the first and 4th tbh.  We have 3 corners as of now who are above replacement level and 2 of them are injury prone.  

wouldn’t be mad if the did either tbh

1 hour ago, LinebackerGod said:

If we trade Njoku or are resigned to the fact that he’s gonna be gone after this coming season, I would love to get Tommy Tremble. That dude is a beast in the mold of a George Kittle. 

He is gone no doubt imo, unless he booms this year and we are forced to tag him. We have Hooper, and bryant so he has to play that much  better than both of them.