College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

6 hours ago, zelbell said:

who he signs as free agents tells you nothing. who he signs is determined on what they have done in their careers so far and how much money they want. 

we have no idea what Berry looks into for draft prospects. he has not down enough drsfts to prove anything

Still think Werner is a gold day 2 pick. Will be a more impactful pro than he was in college. Plus athleticism, elite ability to cover for his position. Somebody is going to fall in love with Browning, and he is going to go higher and probably play a role in a defense as a pass rushing linebacker. But Pete is the better overall player by far. If they can get a big-time guy upfront on defense in the first and come back with Werner sometime later on, that would be a good haul. Positionally you would like to see a receiver sometime on the first two days also, looking ahead. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Should we trade up?

It’s going to be expensive paying all of our rookies.

It’s been a helluva ride watching you go from the guy who says “f the cap it’s all made up and not my money” to questioning if we can/should draft some guys day 2/3 because they’ll make too much. 😂 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Berry will find a way to get everyone paid one way or another, that being said I’m not opposed to trading up for someone like Jaycee Horn,

I think it’s just going to be about cost.

despite the reputation I’m not just captain trade down.  I’d be fine with them moving up and grabbing a player that’s falling that they have graded highly.

im cool with throwing a later pick at someone to move up, but I’m absolutely not for packaging a ton of picks and especially future assets for some blockbuster deal.

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It’s been a helluva ride watching you go from the guy who says “f the cap it’s all made up and not my money” to questioning if we can/should draft some guys day 2/3 because they’ll make too much. 😂 

To be fair, I just want Devonta Smith.

idgaf how we do it. He’s Marvin Harrison 2.0.

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, zelbell said:

Would not be opposed to trading up

we have 9 draft picks and I don’t know if we have room on our roster for 9 rookies

I'd actually be more prone to trade up in Rounds 2-3, as that's where I see a ton of value in the LB, WR, OL, and interior DL in this draft.

Even if they traded back and still got a premier pick like Rousseau, then used some other compensation to trade back up, and then they used about 5 picks between 33-70.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, zelbell said:

Would not be opposed to trading up

we have 9 draft picks and I don’t know if we have room on our roster for 9 rookies

WR

RB

OT

DE

DT

LB

CB x 2

S

That’s 9 and all 9 are reasonable imo.  Wouldn’t be crazy to think we could use 2 LBs too, perhaps an IOL if Forbes or Harris doesn’t look to be worthwhile in their eyes.  TE if they plan to potentially move on from Njoku.

5 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

WR

RB

OT

DE

DT

LB

CB x 2

S

That’s 9 and all 9 are reasonable imo.  Wouldn’t be crazy to think we could use 2 LBs too, perhaps an IOL if Forbes or Harris doesn’t look to be worthwhile in their eyes.  TE if they plan to potentially move on from Njoku.

I won't be surprised if we see a couple of cap casualties in some way, shape, or form, or even a draft day/post draft day trade in there.

18 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I won't be surprised if we see a couple of cap casualties in some way, shape, or form, or even a draft day/post draft day trade in there.

I’d be somewhat surprised at cap casualties this year as I think they’re really trying to just keep building the roster and are focused on continuity as much as possible.

Obv next year there’s gonna be some changes, but I think they want things to stay the same and some of these guys to have a consistent experience from one year to the next as much as possible.

Njoku is the one guy i could see them moving, but only if he presses the issue.

5 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Rosters can easily handle 8-9 rookies.  The problem is when you start relaying on half of those rookies to be day 1 starters like we have in the past.

well in years past those rookies were surrounded by nothing but jags. this upcoming season, not so much. if they get a LB like parson or jok. this will be the most talented defense the browns have had since the return. add in the other rounds, will make it even more talented