College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

27 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah he’s nice and fits what we do, but I think he’s more of an option at 59 if he happens to be there.

Yeah, I would be pretty peeved if we take him at 26

29 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He looks like an ideal 3-4 OLB, I hope he doesn’t go to Baltimore or Pittsburgh tbh.

For a 4-3 team he’s likely a DE, especially at 270.

He’s a good prospect, just not likely one that fits what we want to do at LB.  Especially if he’s north of 270.

The issue I have is why is it cool for him to go to another places and be a stud, but we couldn't come up with a creative way to utilize his skills to be an impact player? Scheme or not?

Edited by MSURacerDT55
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Yeah, I would be pretty peeved if we take him at 26

The issue I have is why is it cool for him to go to another places and be a stud, but we couldn't come up with a creative way to utilize his skills to be an impact player?

Buddy I’m with ya, but I’ve resigned myself to the fact that, despite the universal lip service otherwise, coaches don’t care to adjust their schemes to talent.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Buddy I’m with ya, but I’ve resigned myself to the fact that, despite the universal lip service otherwise, coaches don’t care to adjust their schemes to talent.

Agreed, I guess coaches on the pro level fit players into their box (Scheme) as opposed to treating unique prospects as such and creating packages for them 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah he’s nice and fits what we do, but I think he’s more of an option at 59 if he happens to be there.

I wouldn't hate a trade down into the early second and take him there. I'd be a bit surprised if he's still there at #59.

24 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

The issue I have is why is it cool for him to go to another places and be a stud, but we couldn't come up with a creative way to utilize his skills to be an impact player? Scheme or not?

This I agree with wholeheartedly. I’ve always been a huge proponent of scheming around players. Get studs in the draft and make it work. 

Edited by Bonanza23
Because
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

With scwartz indent care if barely sees the field this year. Except I'd love him as a returner.

Great competition between dpj, higgins and Schwartz for playing time.

He’s gonna play imo, there’s no one other than OBJ who has anything close to his level of speed/quickness.

He’s taking Natson’s role (and fwiw, Natson was poised to have a decent sized role based on how much they were using him before he got hurt according to some of the beat writers.)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kiwibrown said:

With scwartz indent care if barely sees the field this year. Except I'd love him as a returner.

Great competition between dpj, higgins and Schwartz for playing time.

with that kind of speed, Stef will make sure to find ways to get him on the field. he should have  at least a couple plays a game where he gets the ball in his hands on offense

13 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

He’s gonna play imo, there’s no one other than OBJ who has anything close to his level of speed/quickness.

He’s taking Natson’s role (and fwiw, Natson was poised to have a decent sized role based on how much they were using him before he got hurt according to some of the beat writers.)

Fair call. 

Natson could go to the ps and wait until there is an injury. 

I love speed.

• Like 1