College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

4 hours ago, cortes02 said:

With no official combine, players are doing their 40 times on fast surfaces which will help a lot of slow players have remarkable 40 times this year.  Buyer beware.

Peace!!!

also with the video evidence, if teams thought the numbers were wrong they could still time them and get an idea if the numbers are reasonable close or way off

“The Steelers traded their first round (20th) and second round (59th overall) picks in the 2019 NFL Draft and a third round pick (83rd overall) in the 2020 NFL Draft to Denver Broncos in exchange for the tenth overall pick which was used in order to draft Bush.”

Lets say Micah Parsons fell to pick 10. Would any of you all be interested in doing a trade similar to the Bush deal?

I would. We really need a stud linebacker and he could be moved to end on pass rushing downs. I think Parsons is a future all pro. If we can fill some depth needs in FA I want Parsons bad. 

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

“The Steelers traded their first round (20th) and second round (59th overall) picks in the 2019 NFL Draft and a third round pick (83rd overall) in the 2020 NFL Draft to Denver Broncos in exchange for the tenth overall pick which was used in order to draft Bush.”

Lets say Micah Parsons fell to pick 10. Would any of you all be interested in doing a trade similar to the Bush deal?

I would. We really need a stud linebacker and he could be moved to end on pass rushing downs. I think Parsons is a future all pro. If we can fill some depth needs in FA I want Parsons bad. 

Absolutely not. We need picks to restock the cupboard all over the board with cheap talent so that we can afford extensions for folks and key FA's to fill gaps over the next couple years. Only 1-3 off-ball, non-pass rushing LB in the league are worth a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick and giving that up for a draft prospect with no guarantee of success is way too expensive for me.

And yeah, Parsons isn’t an uber stud. I like JOK more, honestly. He’s a guy who I think will have a very specific role and will excel doing those things. Parsons could do a lot of things at an elite level, but his slow...or not great...processing speed leaves some of his potential behind him. 

On 3/12/2021 at 6:38 PM, LinebackerGod said:

And yeah, Parsons isn’t an uber stud. I like JOK more, honestly. He’s a guy who I think will have a very specific role and will excel doing those things. Parsons could do a lot of things at an elite level, but his slow...or not great...processing speed leaves some of his potential behind him. 

Parsons needs to land with a team that runs a BB style of D.

He will be a HOF player if New England drafts him and a monster if Miami does.

Edited by candyman93

On 3/12/2021 at 6:26 PM, FGK said:

Absolutely not. We need picks to restock the cupboard all over the board with cheap talent so that we can afford extensions for folks and key FA's to fill gaps over the next couple years. Only 1-3 off-ball, non-pass rushing LB in the league are worth a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick and giving that up for a draft prospect with no guarantee of success is way too expensive for me.

Yeah I’m not making any big trades up in the draft.  Shocker for many I’m sure.

Anyway, I think the best way to approach this draft is by looking for “safe” picks and future assets.

The 2020 college season was a mess and the draft process is as lacking in preparation/detail as any in modern history.

Take guys with multiple years of production or who have skills to fit a particular role (such as high floor/low ceiling players who project as solid backups).  Trade down for future assets if possible.

We can still add talent and improve the roster, but this sure as hell isn’t the year to push your chips to the middle of the table on draft day.

Been watching a lot of round 2-3 linebacker prospects and Chazz Surratt recently popped for me. I think the dude is exactly what we need at LB to combat the speed of Lamar Jackson. Surratt's best tape is when he's in the flats or spying the QB. He's a lot more patient and isn't a heat-seeking-missile type of player, but the guy has great eyes for a linebacker and moves more like a box safety. I like him in round 2, but LOVE him in round 3 because he's 24 and still pretty green at the position 

• Like 3

On 3/16/2021 at 11:39 AM, Reginaldm9 said:

Been watching a lot of round 2-3 linebacker prospects and Chazz Surratt recently popped for me. I think the dude is exactly what we need at LB to combat the speed of Lamar Jackson. Surratt's best tape is when he's in the flats or spying the QB. He's a lot more patient and isn't a heat-seeking-missile type of player, but the guy has great eyes for a linebacker and moves more like a box safety. I like him in round 2, but LOVE him in round 3 because he's 24 and still pretty green at the position 

If I'm not mistaken, didn't Surratt play QB until recently as well?

• Like 1

On 3/16/2021 at 8:39 AM, Reginaldm9 said:

41 minutes ago, Bucketheadsdad said:

If I'm not mistaken, didn't Surratt play QB until recently as well?

Moneyball says no.