College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

5 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

@LinebackerGod on suicide watch if the draft goes that way.

I love Jamin Davis. But yes, if Rousseau was there at 26 and we took a linebacker instead, I’d hit the ground dead before the second syllable in “Ja-Min.”

The only player I would find it acceptable to pass on Rousseau for would be Caleb Farley, who is equally awesome, just with an injury history. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Leaving talent untapped is what Michigan does best.

I’ve never seen a college team do less with more.

True. But also, some of those dudes are just overrated. Like freaking “solid at best” Rashan Gary. He was “ok” against bum teams. Not sure how anyone thought he was worth a high pick. I did like Jabrill though. He was elite minus ball production, which I think is flukey and random at safety. 

19 minutes ago, LinebackerGod said:

True. But also, some of those dudes are just overrated. Like freaking “solid at best” Rashan Gary. He was “ok” against bum teams. Not sure how anyone thought he was worth a high pick. I did like Jabrill though. He was elite minus ball production, which I think is flukey and random at safety. 

Gary is an elite athlete though, physical tools second to no one.  Number one overall recruit in the country.

I can’t help but think had he chosen say OSU and been coached by Johnson he’d have been a more developed player.

They just did nothing with him.

Jabrill is another example.  They moved him all over and whatnot, but he never actually developed at any one position. He left Michigan as raw as when he got there.

And of course DPJ...

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Gary is an elite athlete though, physical tools second to no one.  Number one overall recruit in the country.

I can’t help but think had he chosen say OSU and been coached by Johnson he’d have been a more developed player.

They just did nothing with him.

Jabrill is another example.  They moved him all over and whatnot, but he never actually developed at any one position. He left Michigan as raw as when he got there.

And of course DPJ...

Oh I agree they squander talent. But I always thought Gary looked like Tarzan and played like Jane. He was such a freak in high school that he never developed his hands or a pass rush plan other than to run through the unqualified OL in front of him.

I do think Larry Johnson would have made him a stud. I think I could be a late 1st rounder with tutelage from that monster. 

Just now, LinebackerGod said:

I do think Larry Johnson would have made him a stud. I think I could be a late 1st rounder with tutelage from that monster. 

I went to PSU football camps for 3 summers in high school and obviously he and Sandusky were the guys coaching us.  Both have forgot more football than I’ll ever know.

Making a list of confirmed prospects Browns have shown interest in.

Demetric Felton wr/rb UCLA 

Greg Newsome II cb Northwestern 

Anthony Schwartz wr Auburn

Georgia Pro Day

Azeez Ojulari edge

Tyson Campbell cb

Eric Stokes cb

Rondale Moore wr Purdue

Jaycee Horn cb South Carolina

Kwity Paye edge Michigan

that’s all I have heard so far.

39 minutes ago, Horseunit said:

Making a list of confirmed prospects Browns have shown interest in.

Demetric Felton wr/rb UCLA 

Greg Newsome II cb Northwestern 

Anthony Schwartz wr Auburn

Georgia Pro Day

Azeez Ojulari edge

Tyson Campbell cb

Eric Stokes cb

Rondale Moore wr Purdue

Jaycee Horn cb South Carolina

Kwity Paye edge Michigan

that’s all I have heard so far.

Based on this, methinks we’re gonna sign Clowney and draft a cornerback at 26. My guess would be Greg Newsome, if Farley didn’t slide. 

• Like 1