College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

10 hours ago, buno67 said:

I dont know about losing weight to get faster, the dude was a pretty good deep threat at Michigan.Just rarely had the QB to make the throws for him. The QBs and the overall offense made him and the talent there look like garbage

Maybe. But watch him running routes in college and then watch him at the Senior Bowl. He’s not FASTER, but my goodness is he quicker and sharper. It’s glaringly different. He could always run past guys, but the subtle things the great WRs do with their hands, hips, and head whips are what he’s mightily improved on. Makes sense, as he had an entire year to improve those things.

Nico doesn’t make a ton of sense, as we would have to spend a 2nd rounder on him, in all likelihood. If we take a WR in the first 2 rounds given our defensive room, I would not be happy. The only way I would be ok with it would be if one of the big 3 slid all the way down for some crazy reason...AND the board was devoid of defensive talent. 

I just hope one of Jaelan Phillips, Gregory Rousseau, or Caleb Farley slide to the 20’s so we can trade up to nag them.

The problem is we have a slew of teams in front of us that could take a DE or CB.

The Jets, Steelers, Colts, and Titans have pretty much the same needs as us. Hopefully the Jets take a RB like Etienne. Hopefully the Steelers take a RB like Najee or an OL. Hopefully the Colts address LT. Hopefully the Titans grab a WR or OT. But all of those teams would be considering my “big 3” if they were around. 

1 hour ago, LinebackerGod said:

I just hope one of Jaelan Phillips, Gregory Rousseau, or Caleb Farley slide to the 20’s so we can trade up to nag them.

The problem is we have a slew of teams in front of us that could take a DE or CB.

The Jets, Steelers, Colts, and Titans have pretty much the same needs as us. Hopefully the Jets take a RB like Etienne. Hopefully the Steelers take a RB like Najee or an OL. Hopefully the Colts address LT. Hopefully the Titans grab a WR or OT. But all of those teams would be considering my “big 3” if they were around. 

I'm penciling in that the Colts will deal their selection for Orlando Brown. Makes too much sense to not happen. 

13 hours ago, buno67 said:

Michigan has been clueless offensively since Harbs got there, which is head scratching but it is benefiting OSU and Browns fans because we can get draft steals from them.

Nico isnt the best prospect in the world but he is better than what michigan built him to be. IDK, if im a top HS offensive player, i would not be attending Michigan. 

I'm not going to lie, being unbiased, there was point in time where Collins, DPJ and Tarik Black all were considered slam dunk 1st round picks. The talent is there, I called Collins, Allen Robinson 2.0

• Like 1

As much as I like Paye and Phillips, the reason I want Rousseau is because he can beat up TEs and play on the strong side without issues. Paye seems less stout because he doesn’t have the ideal length. Phillips is at his best working tackles 1-1 and isn’t that great against TE’s. He’s best as a pure RDE. None of them would be bad picks, but Rousseau is better suited for playing the DE spot opposite Garrett. 

2 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

I'm not going to lie, being unbiased, there was point in time where Collins, DPJ and Tarik Black all were considered slam dunk 1st round picks. The talent is there, I called Collins, Allen Robinson 2.0

I remember watching Black in the All Or Nothing show. Thought that dude was going to be a monster but injuries have really held him back. Black could be a Solid late rd guy

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

I remember watching Black in the All Or Nothing show. Thought that dude was going to be a monster but injuries have really held him back. Black could be a Solid late rd guy

I still think he has high potential but just has been cursed with terrible QB play and injuries 

Edited by MSURacerDT55

13 hours ago, LinebackerGod said:

As much as I like Paye and Phillips, the reason I want Rousseau is because he can beat up TEs and play on the strong side without issues. Paye seems less stout because he doesn’t have the ideal length. Phillips is at his best working tackles 1-1 and isn’t that great against TE’s. He’s best as a pure RDE. None of them would be bad picks, but Rousseau is better suited for playing the DE spot opposite Garrett. 

Why did he fall so much? Wasn't he considered a top 5-10 pick in the draft last year? Did he go full Shaun Wade?

5 hours ago, AkronsWitness said:

Why did he fall so much? Wasn't he considered a top 5-10 pick in the draft last year? Did he go full Shaun Wade?

Rousseau? Because he doesn’t bend the edge well with speed and because he took a year off. He was really skinny as a FRESHMAN at Miami and nobody saw how he looked with added weight.

There is some stiffness that hurts him from bending the edge with a speed rush, but the dude used a varied pass rush set between bull rushes, push-pulls, rips, and swims. He is great against the run. And the main reason I want him is to move him inside on obvious passing downs to wreck the game from the inside, which he did against every guard he faced. 

On 4/5/2021 at 8:36 AM, Reginaldm9 said:

I'm penciling in that the Colts will deal their selection for Orlando Brown. Makes too much sense to not happen. 

I thought about this too. If I were GM for the Colts I would try to get them to take a 1st in 2022 and then draft Tevin Jenkins and move Braden Smith to RG. Can you imagine an offensive line of Orlando Brown, Quentin Nelson, Ryan Kelly, Braden Smith, and Tevin Jenkins. A toddler could run for 1,500 yards behind that offensive line.