College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

15 minutes ago, buno67 said:

coming from the guy who just called Fields a slightly better Mitch Trubisky and Tyrod Taylor. Sorry, im going to hold skill players to a higher light than lineman

Pace, Bosa 1, Bosa 2, and Chase Young are all better prospects than Fields. Now if someone wants to argue that JF is the best QB prospect OSU has had in 40 years I will sign up for that all day.

Dude is the guy we all made when we made a character in Madden as kids. Tall, Fast, Big arm, and accurate.

I like Justin Fields a lot, I wish he would have come back for '21. I think he would have been able to improve in a few areas of his game. Reading defense and moving the Safety with his eyes better. I think he is the most talented QB in this class from attributes. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LinebackerGod said:

Cool. PFF is never wrong. We should probably just take the BPA based on the PFF board when we’re on the clock. 

im just show data that is proving my point, where is yours to defend your crap arguement?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LinebackerGod said:

Cool. PFF is never wrong. We should probably just take the BPA based on the PFF board when we’re on the clock. 

I wonder if anyone has tracked that data. Not that they would be perfect but I bet that would be just as accurate as any GM in the NFL. Like picking single stocks vs funds, most can't beat funds over time

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JDD said:

Pace, Bosa 1, Bosa 2, and Chase Young are all better prospects than Fields. Now if someone wants to argue that JF is the best QB prospect OSU has had in 40 years I will sign up for that all day.

Dude is the guy we all made when we made a character in Madden as kids. Tall, Fast, Big arm, and accurate.

I like Justin Fields a lot, I wish he would have come back for '21. I think he would have been able to improve in a few areas of his game. Reading defense and moving the Safety with his eyes better. I think he is the most talented QB in this class from attributes. 

what issues with reading the defenses? Why does this always get brought up. Stats show he moved on from this 1st read better than other QBs. Just because he held onto the ball longer didnt mean he couldnt read a defense, he just held onto the ball longer to let his stud WRs first their routes and get open. Fields trusted his OL and his WRs, absolutely nothing wrong with that, especially when he is coached up to do that. No reason to go to the check down right away. He let his guys get open

• Like 1

Just now, buno67 said:

what issues with reading the defenses? Why does this always get brought up. Stats show he moved on from this 1st read better than other QBs. Just because he held onto the ball longer didnt mean he couldnt read a defense, he just held onto the ball longer to let his stud WRs first their routes and get open. Fields trusted his OL and his WRs, absolutely nothing wrong with that, especially when he is coached up to do that. No reason to go to the check down right away. He let his guys get open

Because he would get confused against the blitz and he also didn't like to throw to the open window. I said he can improve on it, not that he was **** at it

1 minute ago, JDD said:

Because he would get confused against the blitz and he also didn't like to throw to the open window. I said he can improve on it, not that he was **** at it

This has been the one area that Wilson has been better at than Fields, besides being over hyped but Fields was still just fine under pressure. You dont see Trevor Lawrence on this list 

we could also potentially credit play calling. That in some blitz situations Day wasnt calling plays preparing for a potential blitz, like you could see with the RPO, going after the spot being vacant because of the blitz or a screen to hurt the defense who wants to be over aggressive

18 minutes ago, buno67 said:

yeah Trubisky can hang his hat on that. If the like of Fields and Lawrence where in that draft, he isnt the #1 QB taken. Wilson and Jones are not better than fields

Without the benefit of hindsight, I bet Trubisky goes over Fields if they were in the same draft.

I’m fine with you saying Fields is better than Jones and Wilson. I can buy that. I can’t buy that he’s the best OSU player in the last 40 years. That might be the most insane thing I’ve ever heard on FF.

I like Fields. But he’s considerably behind Lawrence. 

See I can see where the OSU offense is more complicated than most. Reading things about him not processing fast didn't seem to add up to him getting rid of the ball.

It seemed to me that the longer the play went, the more Fields could get himself in trouble by letting things fall apart. Last season, per Pro Football Focus, when Fields had less than 2.5 seconds from the snap to the throw, he completed 75 of 96 passes for 676 yards, six touchdowns, and no interceptions. With 2.5 seconds or more, he completed 83 of 130 passes for 1,422 yards, 16 touchdowns, and all six of his interceptions. The jump in yards per attempt from 7.0 to 10.9 on the other side of the 2.5 second scale will tell you that the longer the play went, the more Fields was prone to testing defenses deep, and that will generally result in a decrease in efficiency and an increase in turnovers.

And honestly last year was a mash of a guy who never got in rhythm since they only played 2 games a month.

I'm kind of shocked that Lawrence isn't getting a lot more hate from scouts. Even just looking at the numbers that are posted around here make you notice he isn't at the top of all these lists. 

3 minutes ago, LinebackerGod said:

Without the benefit of hindsight, I bet Trubisky goes over Fields if they were in the same draft.

I’m fine with you saying Fields is better than Jones and Wilson. I can buy that. I can’t buy that he’s the best OSU player in the last 40 years. That might be the most insane thing I’ve ever heard on FF.

I like Fields. But he’s considerably behind Lawrence. 

I love Trubisky, saw him plenty times in HS, went to HS with his Cousin wanted the Browns to trade up for him after getting Garrett but what Trubisky does not go over fields. asinine statements/ideals like that is why you are on your 3rd username here.

11 minutes ago, JDD said:

See I can see where the OSU offense is more complicated than most. Reading things about him not processing fast didn't seem to add up to him getting rid of the ball.

And honestly last year was a mash of a guy who never got in rhythm since they only played 2 games a month.

I'm kind of shocked that Lawrence isn't getting a lot more hate from scouts. Even just looking at the numbers that are posted around here make you notice he isn't at the top of all these lists. 

scouts wont bash him because he is the labeled golden boy because of his freshman year. He is the ideal specimen you want from a QB but I dont see him as this major cant miss prospect

3 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I love Trubisky, saw him plenty times in HS, went to HS with his Cousin wanted the Browns to trade up for him after getting Garrett but what Trubisky does not go over fields. asinine statements/ideals like that is why you are on your 3rd username here.

Lmao ok we’re done here. Have your happy fun time with Fields. I guess it’s asinine to say he’s not Daddy.