Jaelan Phillips

Azeez Ojulari

Cameron McGrone 

Nick Bolton

Jabril Cox

Deangelo Malone

If he's draft eligible 

Brenton Cox Jr. 

Browns 2021 Secondary wish list: Any combo will do.

Andre Cisco

Kolby Harvell-Peel

Jaycee Horn

Kyler Gordon

Corey Straughter

Shaun Jolly

Zyon McCollum

Edited by Horseunit
  • Like 1

When looking at last years draft picks do you think the front office will follow the same trend this year and again focus the majority of the draft picks on Juniors?  Harrison Bryant and Nick Harris were the only Seniors selected in 2020.  I remember reading somewhere that this was an analytics strategy focused on the idea that if a player can have success in college at a younger age he projects to have a more successful career in the NFL, or something along those lines. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Horseunit said:

When looking at last years draft picks do you think the front office will follow the same trend this year and again focus the majority of the draft picks on Juniors?  Harrison Bryant and Nick Harris were the only Seniors selected in 2020.  I remember reading somewhere that this was an analytics strategy focused on the idea that if a player can have success in college at a younger age he projects to have a more successful career in the NFL, or something along those lines. 

Yes.  

I don’t recall the article, but the gist was exactly what you’re describing. Players who are successful at a younger age have a statistically better chance of succeeding. I’d say QB is the only position age may be somewhat irrelevant.

This was their MO when Sashi was here previously as well. Myles, Njoku, and Peppers were 21, 20, and 21 when we drafted them.  

That said, Larry was a 4 year guy as was Schobert.  I don’t care to go back and look at the ages of everyone, but there was a mix iirc.

If there’s any trends I’d say I’ve noticed it’s they prefer the young, blue chip talent, often guys who were highly rated in high school as well, early.  As the draft progresses they look for the upperclassmen who had multiple years of high level play but perhaps lack something physically.

• Like 1