College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

7 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

First time watching a full Justin Fields game?

not impressed! Is he always that slow to see plays develop and that bad at just throwing to his first read and not making progressions?

That kind of play would result in a lot of interceptions in the nfl 

He does something our QB doesn’t: Go through reads and progressions.

He threw 41 TDs and 3 INTs last year because of his decision making skills. 2 of those interceptions came against Clemson one of the all time best programs this past decade.

Edited by candyman93

10 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

First time watching a full Justin Fields game?

not impressed! Is he always that slow to see plays develop and that bad at just throwing to his first read and not making progressions?

That kind of play would result in a lot of interceptions in the nfl 

I don’t think you were watching ‘19 or ‘20 Ohio State game. You might have been watching a JT Barrett Ohio St game lol

• Like 1

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

We might have to draft a WR in round 1. OBJ is probably gone after this year.

Devonta Smith would be a dream pick.

He aint gone. Browns are not going to eat $15m to just move on from him. 

olave would be the dream pick. I think he be a guy who would be amazing with baker because he runs such good and clean routes. Baker could trust him that he will be where he Will be. He is also more realistic 

5 minutes ago, buno67 said:

olave would be the dream pick. I think he be a guy who would be amazing with baker because he runs such good and clean routes. Baker could trust him that he will be where he Will be. He is also more realistic 

His cap hit isn’t remotely close to that.

His salary doesn’t become guaranteed until the 3rd day of the new league year 2021.

2 minutes ago, buno67 said:

Yeah Olave would be an excellent fit in our offense. But I don't see us investing a high enough pick to get him. He probably goes 2nd round, imo, and I can't see us using one on a WR (unless we trade OBJ and get a 2nd back)

31 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

His cap hit isn’t remotely close to that.

His salary doesn’t become guaranteed until the 3rd day of the new league year 2021.

it says his cap hit for next year is $15,750,000

Since he will be injured. He gets an injury guarantee close to $13m. Also since he will still be IR’d, he will be on the roster after the 3rd day of the ‘21 league year.  

ACL takes at least 6months, March will be 5 months. I doubt OBJ will take an injury settlement 

I really like Olave. I don’t think he is going to be a number 1 in the NFL though. A good #2 I think. I would take him in the second round. He is not going to be a physical guy that is going to thrive beating press man coverage or fight a physical corner on slants, etc. Durability might be an issue also with his frame. I think he is definitely worth a second round pick and could really be a good one, I just had my doubts about him carrying an offense. Garrett Wilson on the other hand a year from now, he’s going to be a top 15 pick and a pro bowler.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwibrown said:

you cant cut an injured player though. 

Cant trade an injured player either. 

It’s only in madden you can’t trade a injured player. You can trade a injured player it’s just on the team the player is going to to be ok with the injury and the likely recovery from it.