College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I’ve not been scouting offensive linemen much. However, I bet we draft another OT in round 3 or 4. Max Mitchell of Louisiana makes sense.

I like Blake Hance, but I want Hudson moved to guard. Hudson is a pitbull and could be a fantastic swing guard longterm.

I’m honestly curious as to whether or not he could even become a center.

3 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I was wrong. We need WRs, bad. Pats dared our guys to beat them and they couldn’t. Jarvis is done and I doubt we bring Higgins back. 

Prediction: We pick top 15.

We have one decent WR in DPJ.

Maybe Felton is ok, but he hasn’t got much of an opportunity.

Njoku simply can’t be trusted.

Bunch of JAGs

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I was wrong. We need WRs, bad. Pats dared our guys to beat them and they couldn’t. Jarvis is done and I doubt we bring Higgins back. 

Prediction: We pick top 15.

Is there really a guy other then DPJ we should consider bringing back at this point? 

Just start over at that position group tbh.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Felton? I’d give Schwartz another year as he’s young af, but he needs to show a metric ish ton of improvement.

Yeah Felton I think could be a useful gadget guy. He’s not deterring me from signing or drafting anyone though. 

McDowell has a pass rush win rate of 13.7%, which ranks 18th among interior defensive linemen with at least 50 pass-rush snaps on the season.

However, McDowell's 52.1 run defense grade and 30.5 tackling grade are troubling, and the unit overall has a 52.3 run defense grade.

Thought that was interesting. So McDowell needs a run stuffer next to him.

It's pretty clear (whether Baker is here or not) that we need a complete overhaul of our WR corps, minus DPJ. Hooper is going to be here next year no matter what due to his cap hit, and Njoku is likely gone. So, give me Hooper/Bryant as our tandem, and we need a slot guy after Juice gets cut, and another wide out on the outside, maybe 2 after Hollywood goes away. MAYBE Schwartz can be that deep threat guy year 2 (albeit I'm skeptical).

Aside from that, we really NEED another interior DT, a true Mike linebacker (I know, I've said this for a decade plus now), and potentially another impact linebacker or Safety. Harrison has been absolute garbage, so maybe Delpit and JJ3 can be that tandem, and hopefully LeCounte figures out how to be a pro going forward.

Pending Clowney/Takk, EDGE and EDGE depth is another need opposite Myles.

A swing OT as that third guy and maybe a swing interior OG/C combo would also be a nice luxury, albeit maybe that kid from UC can be that guy.