College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

8 hours ago, NudeTayne said:

I'll be the contrarian on (apparently) my own island and say this was the least impressive 347 yard receiving yards in one game one could really experience. The corner end zone catch was never, but not one of the other 14 catches was special. He was mostly wide open because Utah sucks at coverage and then got major yards because Utah is even worse at tackling and takes terrible angles. JSN looks like a 4.53 guy and doesn't run amazing routes. The kid has heart, though, and good hands. I don't think he'll be anything special, though. We'll see how this post ages next year. 

But also, that other receiver, the no-name kid emerging from obscurity...Harrison Jr., was it? I have a feeling about that one.

JSN is a slightly faster Jarvis Landry. He’s made a career out of making tight catches.

None of OSU’s WRs are freak athletes except Egbuka. He’s a different beast that’s gonna blow up next year.

Edited by candyman93

23 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

JSN is a slightly faster Jarvis Landry. He’s made a career out of making tight catches.

None of OSU’s WRs are freak athletes except Egbuka. He’s a different beast that’s gonna blow up next year.

JSN reminds me a lot of TJ Housh back in the day. Solid possession guy, good in the slot or outside the numbers with his versatility, very dependable hands.

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

JSN is a slightly faster Jarvis Landry. 

🥶

That's pretty much what I see, yeah.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

JSN reminds me a lot of TJ Housh back in the day. Solid possession guy, good in the slot or outside the numbers with his versatility, very dependable hands.

Ok good. I'm not crazy. He's a baller, albeit slow. I don't know if he'll do much in the NFL with how slow he is and with no suddenness to his breaks. Housh had a nice career, but some folks are seeing top-10 pick. He's fun to watch right now, though.

37 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

🥶

That's pretty much what I see, yeah.

Ok good. I'm not crazy. He's a baller, albeit slow. I don't know if he'll do much in the NFL with how slow he is and with no suddenness to his breaks. Housh had a nice career, but some folks are seeing top-10 pick. He's fun to watch right now, though.

He’s more physical though, so I think he has the ability to break tackles and be capable after the catch. Some Anquan Boldin to his game like that.

• Like 1

Spent today watching vids of a bunch of guys I think are in contention for our 1st round pick. Here's my way too early realistic big board for our pick: 

1. Garrett Wilson, WR (Stephon Diggs clone)

2. Jameson Williams, WR (Henry Ruggs clone)

3. Chris Olave, WR (Keenan Allen clone)

4. Nakobe Dean, LB (the middle linebacker version of JOK)

5. George Karlaftis, DE (Justin Smith~Trey Hendrickson legitimately feels like a Cinci DE lol)

6. DeMarvin Leal, DE/DT (can play inside and outside like Clowney but slower off the line Rashan Gary -ish kind of a guy)

I legitimately LOVE these prospects for the team as scheme fits and as really great players at positions of need. It was a good year for us to have these weak spots. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Reginaldm9 said:

I legitimately LOVE these prospects for the team as scheme fits and as really great players at positions of need. It was a good year for us to have these weak spots. 

Yeah I agree for what we need this is the year to be picking around where we are. Theres first round level depth at receiver, and depending on who is there or how the board falls going linebacker with Dean or I really like Lloyd would be great fits. Picking Mid second round wont be bad either. 

7 hours ago, Reginaldm9 said:

DeMarvin Leal, DE/DT (can play inside and outside like Clowney but slower off the line Rashan Gary -ish kind of a guy)

This is “my guy” if the wheels come off.

I think he’s a 3 tech if he gains about 10 lbs.

Edited by candyman93

15 hours ago, Reginaldm9 said:

Spent today watching vids of a bunch of guys I think are in contention for our 1st round pick. Here's my way too early realistic big board for our pick: 

You gotta watch Treylon Burks and Drake London. IMO they're in that top 4 WR with Wilson and Williams. Olave the top of the 2nd tier.