College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

14 minutes ago, JDD said:

I remember people saying that in 2014 too. 

OSU was loaded in 2014 and better coached. Georgia will eviscerate the run game & make OSU 1-dimensional.

OSU is arguably more talented than UGA. But I don’t trust OSU’s coaches and/or the teams grittiness for adversity. Getting manhandled by Michigan, a very physical team, doesn’t bode well. UGA is the most physical team in the country.

Anything can happen, but this just screams bad matchup. 

41 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

OSU was loaded in 2014 and better coached. Georgia will eviscerate the run game & make OSU 1-dimensional.

OSU is arguably more talented than UGA. But I don’t trust OSU’s coaches and/or the teams grittiness for adversity. Getting manhandled by Michigan, a very physical team, doesn’t bode well. UGA is the most physical team in the country.

Anything can happen, but this just screams bad matchup. 

OSU had their 3rd string QB starting his second game and Zeke wasn’t Zeke yet (he was after the 85 yards through the heart of the South).  They were super young and Bama was a powerhouse.  

OSU has the talent to be 1 dimensional if JSN comes back too. 

Day needs to play fast and not get away from running the ball. UGA is a good team and I think the talent gap isn’t as big as people are making it. OSU gave up to many big plays to UM and didn’t capitalize on two drives in the first half. They have to play great to win. But if they do they are capable of winning. 

13 hours ago, JDD said:

OSU had their 3rd string QB starting his second game and Zeke wasn’t Zeke yet (he was after the 85 yards through the heart of the South).  They were super young and Bama was a powerhouse.  

Cardale Jones was an NFL QB. He was a stud. And Zeke ripped into those teams in the playoffs and subsequently became a top 4 draft pick. He is a certified stud and it's not like he was some jerkoff before he rampaged through Bama.

13 hours ago, JDD said:

OSU has the talent to be 1 dimensional if JSN comes back too. 

Not against Georgia they don't. OSU will score points for sure. But teams struggle against Georgia that actually have 2-way offenses. They need a running game to have any change of beating Georgia.

13 hours ago, JDD said:

Day needs to play fast and not get away from running the ball. UGA is a good team and I think the talent gap isn’t as big as people are making it. OSU gave up to many big plays to UM and didn’t capitalize on two drives in the first half. They have to play great to win. But if they do they are capable of winning. 

OSU needs to be able to hammer the ball in between the tackles to have any success. Their wide zones, jets, etc... are going to get chased down. It's a tough ask, but they're going to need to try and run inside on Georgia to open everything else up. If they can't get a push up front, it's curtains for OSU.

I'll be rooting for OSU to win it all this year, but UGA should be favored by double digits in every possible matchup.

• Like 1

Just thinking about all possible scenarios.

I’m cool with Berry trading down if he gets a lot of picks like he did last year for the round 2 pick.

Outside of the 1st rounders and Tariq Woolen, no rookies have stood out. So we didn’t really miss out on a guy.