College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

17 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That run at the end is unforgivable.  That was some Vizzini level outsmarting yourself.

I mean UGA played the last set of downs perfect. If they drop back and they catch them off guard and gain 12 yards everyone will be saying that was a great playcall.

Great game, sucks they lost but if a few bounces of the odd shaped ball go the Bucks way they win. Instead they went UGA way so they won. 

Edited by JDD
  • Like 1

I'm not going to second guess the play calling at the end of the game.  After the Stroud run, UGA hooked us up by calling a TO.  OSU had 2 timeouts, and really needed to NOT lose yardage.  When they stacked the box, it would have been nice to see them check out of the run, and perhaps look at a quick pass, but we ran for no gain, and threw a couple incomplete passes.  We didn't execute at a critical time, and it cost us!

I’m just now watching more draft prospects

And

we need to get Zay Flowers somehow if we can 

he’s exactly what the doctor ordered for our offense

hes got that off script athleticism that would work perfect with Deshaun 

and he’s got deep threat ability and he’s a legit route runner 

if he’s there with our second I’m taking him 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, brownie man said:

I’m just now watching more draft prospects

And

we need to get Zay Flowers somehow if we can 

he’s exactly what the doctor ordered for our offense

hes got that off script athleticism that would work perfect with Deshaun 

and he’s got deep threat ability and he’s a legit route runner 

if he’s there with our second I’m taking him 

Gives me Antonio Brown (the player) vibes

Edited by candyman93
  • Like 1

For the people questioning why OSU is so pass heavy, look at their score vs Georgia and look at tonight’s score.

Passing heavy with an NFL caliber QB gives you a fighters chance vs a school like Georgia.

Georgia / Alabama will destroy (let’s just call them this) “Urban Meyer” type of QBs. They’ve adapted.

Name me a balanced team that could have beaten Georgia, because that lopsided pass heavy team came the closest. 

Edited by candyman93

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

For the people questioning why OSU is so pass heavy, look at their score vs Georgia and look at tonight’s score.

Passing heavy with an NFL caliber QB gives you a fighters chance vs a school like Georgia.

Georgia / Alabama will destroy (let’s just call them this) “Urban Meyer” type of QBs. They’ve adapted.

Name me a balanced team that could have beaten Georgia, because that lopsided pass heavy team came the closest. 

I think most of our frustration stemmed from a clear 3 year period where Day refused to utilize any type of running game from his quarterbacks. It’s no coincidence that Stroud’s runs and big scrambles, including some huge off platform throws, are the reason Ohio State almost beat them.

He has to utilize that dimension in some capacity going forward, especially with as much downfield attacking as he does. It helps slow down the pass rush, is a natural man defense beater, and forces you to put an extra man in the box on early downs.