College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

6 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think you’re completely dismissing the fact our defensive coaching was as bad as I’ve ever seen as a Browns fan the first half of the season. When Woods finally got his head out of his *** to some degree we were competitive.

I guess we'll see, at a bare minimum a new DC being in the room is a needed breath of fresh air for the players and might make them play at least average.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Looking for a baller at safety, check out Illinois Sydney Brown 

That defense was extremely well coached. Between him and Witherspoon, very fundamentally sound guys. I'm interested to see how they "test", but there's a lot to like there.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I still think it’d be a mistake not to draft a CB in this draft. It’s deep imo.

I’m okay waiting until round 4 if necessary.

We absolutely should. I can pretty much guarantee you that at almost every pick we have, CB will be the BPA. Fill your needs early, but eventually, we should be looking at BPA with at least a few of our picks.

Max Melton (74), Tyrique Stevenson (69), Kyu Blu Kelly (74), Trevious Hodges-Tomlinson (72), Riley Moss (68), Kei'Trel Clark (68) and Tiawan Mullen (68) all have starter grades for me and will likely be around in rounds 3 & 4.

Stevenson has S/CB versatility, as he's 6'2 and well over 200 pounds. Is a fearless striker. So yeah, I could see him being someone we look at as a potential S.

Melton is the best man-man guy on that short list. Kelly is the best of both worlds. Check those guys out if you haven't already. I feel like Melton is the most underrated player in the entire draft class, to be honest.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BetterCallSaul said:

We absolutely should. I can pretty much guarantee you that at almost every pick we have, CB will be the BPA. Fill your needs early, but eventually, we should be looking at BPA with at least a few of our picks.

Max Melton (74), Tyrique Stevenson (69), Kyu Blu Kelly (74), Trevious Hodges-Tomlinson (72), Riley Moss (68), Kei'Trel Clark (68) and Tiawan Mullen (68) all have starter grades for me and will likely be around in rounds 3 & 4.

Stevenson has S/CB versatility, as he's 6'2 and well over 200 pounds. Is a fearless striker. So yeah, I could see him being someone we look at as a potential S.

Melton is the best man-man guy on that short list. Kelly is the best of both worlds. Check those guys out if you haven't already. I feel like Melton is the most underrated player in the entire draft class, to be honest.

You’re 100% right.

Really excited about this class despite not having a 1st rounder.

Two more dudes to out on your radar:

BJ Ojulari DE LSU
-Dwight Freeney traits. Absolute terror as a pass rusher, but awful against the run. Would be amazing in a wide 9 vs. single blocks. A R2 dream pick. 

Moro Ojomo DT/DE Texas
-Has violence in his heart. Powerful punch and explosion off the line. Twitchy and powerful is a rare combo and he’s an A+ as far as hustling/effort. Not sure why he doesn’t get more rub. Probably a R3/4 guy. Tweener that can easily play either DE or DT in the NFL.

I think Ojulari is my realistic DE1 given who may be on the board. That said, I think he goes R1.