College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

11 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

We will 100% try to draft Marvin Mims

Somebody in the front office with a lot of influence likes Oklahoma players

I can’t think of any other worthwhile Oklahoma players this year (Jalen Redmond??)

Oklahoma players?

We literally have 3. And two of them were late round fliers. If anything, we seem to love LSU. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

Oklahoma players?

We literally have 3. And two of them were late round fliers. If anything, we seem to love LSU. 

Ok let’s not stifle where this is going. Let the sleuth sleuth. Candy you may proceed with this gripping investigation. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Where did you learn to count?

Winfrey

Thomas

Woods

Dude we just signed

Unpopular Opinion, but I want about nobody from Lincoln Riley’s culture. All show massive maturity and character issues like Baker, Kyler, Williams, Winfrey, Mixon, and Hollywood Brown. Even Zeus who is legit has an over-inflated self worth and a franchise OT on team 3 in 5-6 years is a red flag.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

Unpopular Opinion, but I want about nobody from Lincoln Riley’s culture. All show massive maturity and character issues like Baker, Kyler, Williams, Winfrey, Mixon, and Hollywood Brown. Even Zeus who is legit has an over-inflated self worth and a franchise OT on team 3 in 5-6 years is a red flag.

Just guessing, but it’s kinda hard to get kids who are studs to play in a city like Norman

Probably have to coach a bit “loose”

The Browns GM has never kept his original second-round pick in his previous three NFL drafts. The Browns slid down three spots in the second round in 2020 and took Grant Delpit. In 2021, he moved up seven spots to select Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah.

In the last draft, he traded out of the second round entirely, picking up three picks — a third-rounder and two fourth-round picks — to allow Houston to draft John Metchie. Berry used those picks to select Martin Emerson Jr., Perrion Winfrey and Cade York.

Interesting factoid about Berry

• Like 2

My 2023 mock draft:

2nd Round: Jack Campbell, LB Iowa. 6’4 and 255 pound athletic marvel with quality film. Day 1 starting Mike/Sam

2nd Round (Traded 3rd Round and 4th Round): Zach Harrison, DE OSU. Freak athlete with good senior film. High end run stopper with ability as an interior or edge rusher 

4th Round: CB Kyu Blu Kelly. BPA player with elite bloodlines and production 

5th: Tucker Kraft, TE SDSU

5th: Davis Allen, TE Clemson

6th: Illinois OT Alex Palczewski put up elite numbers with good film to match. Potential sleeper at OT. 65 career starts

7th: Deuce Vaugh RB KSU: Lightning bug type RB

Edited by MWil23
  • Like 1

Now that’s I’m seeing our free agency come together I’m back to watching more prospects

im all in on Bryon Young. I think he’s got the athleticism, youth, and production our FO looks for. But hes older at 25

I think I could see us trading down in the second and either taking him bottom second or early third. 

7 hours ago, brownie man said:

Now that’s I’m seeing our free agency come together I’m back to watching more prospects

im all in on Bryon Young. I think he’s got the athleticism, youth, and production our FO looks for. But hes older at 25

I think I could see us trading down in the second and either taking him bottom second or early third. 

AB has never taken anyone older than 22 in the top 100 btw.  I can’t see him taking a 25 year old that early at all.

And I say this every year, people dismiss it every year and AB takes young dudes every year.  

• Like 1