College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

This team could legitimately take 3 Safeties and I wouldn't complain at all. We need a guy ready to play in some capacity as a rookie, plus Delpit goes bye bye next year in all likelihood, if he doesn't lose his starting spot this year.

Aside from that, we could use a LB or 2, another DT or 2, another EDGE or 2, and I wouldn't hate drafting a RB, TE, or a depth CB/WR not even taking into account positional value/BPA at a position of strength or a late round long term backup QB prospect.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

This team could legitimately take 3 Safeties and I wouldn't complain at all. We need a guy ready to play in some capacity as a rookie, plus Delpit goes bye bye next year in all likelihood, if he doesn't lose his starting spot this year.

Aside from that, we could use a LB or 2, another DT or 2, another EDGE or 2, and I wouldn't hate drafting a RB, TE, or a depth CB/WR not even taking into account positional value/BPA at a position of strength or a late round long term backup QB prospect.

Yep.

I know a lot of folks think we don’t have room on the roster for a bunch of rookies but I disagree completely.  QB, RB, TE, WR, OT, IOL, DT, DE, LB, CB, S. That’s 11 spots we could use an upgrade and/or young + cheap depth.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DawgX said:

Any potential high upside LTs that could be had later in the draft? Someone who could potentially be coached up to start in a year or two in case we move on from Wills.

Not really a late round but someone who could possibly be had in the 3rd, Matthew Bergeron from Syracuse 

On 4/11/2023 at 7:33 AM, DawgX said:

Any potential high upside LTs that could be had later in the draft? Someone who could potentially be coached up to start in a year or two in case we move on from Wills.

I like the tools on this kid a LOT......he's been in all my Mock drafts in the 6th or 7th round

Quinton Barrow, OT, Grand Valley State
Height: 6-6. Weight: 331

On 4/11/2023 at 9:35 AM, MWil23 said:

I dont get all the hate for Delpit in here...I was at 2 of the late games last year, and Delpit was Damn near dominant in those games...He if finally getting healthy and finally taking over the type of role he should have at Safety and look how he produced last year, his first year all the way back from the Achillies injury...105 tkls, 4 tkfl, 10 PD's and 4 Ints....thats a DAMN good year for a safety...him and Thornhill I think we are set for the next 3-4 seasons.... 

1 minute ago, DaWg_LB. said:

I dont get all the hate for Delpit in here...I was at 2 of the late games last year, and Delpit was Damn near dominant in those games...He if finally getting healthy and finally taking over the type of role he should have at Safety and look how he produced last year, his first year all the way back from the Achillies injury...105 tkls, 4 tkfl, 10 PD's and 4 Ints....thats a DAMN good year for a safety...him and Thornhill I think we are set for the next 3-4 seasons.... 

I don't "hate" Delpit, I just don't think he's shown thus far that he deserves the benefit of the doubt. He's entering Year 4, after a very up and down year 3, where he consistently blew assignments that cost us or almost cost us games (NYJ, Panthers), as well as gave up with effort after getting beat.

He then had a nice final 5 game stretch or so, but regardless, he's slated to be a free agent after this year. So he's either getting re-signed, or else having his replacement ready to go makes a lot of sense.

This is a make or break year for him on whether or not he's a Brown going forward in 2024 and beyond.

I still believe his best attributes are in the box and in the apex as opposed to playing a FS type role.

9 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

I don't "hate" Delpit, I just don't think he's shown thus far that he deserves the benefit of the doubt. He's entering Year 4, after a very up and down year 3, where he consistently blew assignments that cost us or almost cost us games (NYJ, Panthers), as well as gave up with effort after getting beat.

He then had a nice final 5 game stretch or so, but regardless, he's slated to be a free agent after this year. So he's either getting re-signed, or else having his replacement ready to go makes a lot of sense.

This is a make or break year for him on whether or not he's a Brown going forward in 2024 and beyond.

I still believe his best attributes are in the box and in the apex as opposed to playing a FS type role.

4 interceptions is like a 20 year record for these browns.

Point in fact if he was from Osu and did that he would be the greatest ever. Sad Baby GIF

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

You know I respect your opinion good Brother...I see it differently....This is his 3rd year and he wasnt healthy for 1.5 years...I think sometimes achilies injuries take longer to fully get back from...look at Saquan Barkley this year...he looked NIGHT and Day vs the year before coming off the achillies. Folks say he Blew assignments....I saw JJIII, Newsome and Ward all Blow assignments last year...I FULLY put that on Joe Woods and ESPCIALLY Haffley....

The MOST thing that bothered me was JJIII giving up on effort on plays he could STILL MAKE....so I guess we just see delpit in different lights.....I fully believe that Delpit can play deep Middle FS (look at his 2nd INT vs the Commanders...it was MORE impressive in Person), Strong Safety and Slot Safety/Defender.....

He is an URFA after the season, if he's not extended during....I could see him and DPJ get sneaky extensions during the season...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mtmmike said:

Question how many Ohio state safeties in a 20 year period have intercepted 4 ints?

Come on osu grads show me how easy it is to come up to that level 

Donte Whitner

Malcolm Jenkins

Kurt Coleman

Mike Doss

Will Allen

Question did I come up to that level? yes or

Wednesday Morning Dog GIF by Sealed With A GIFno

• Like 5