College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

4 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Something weird about Alabama- They’re not very talented this year. Without googling you can usually name their 1-2 best players that you 100% know will play on Sundays.

Dallas Turner has flopped. They haven’t had a WR or RB step up.

I think we’re starting to see the side effects of depth transferring away. You don’t have guys willing to wait and be developed.

Saban used to also be AMAZING at convincing kids to stick around an extra year and forgoing the draft. However, with NIL kids can get paid even if they’re not NFL caliber.

I mean the QB who beat Bama would be the QB at OSU right now. 

Day has so many guys he recruited that are playing in the NFL or on other teams who would make the Bucks a juggernaut this year. Saban has the same thing. The crazy thing is that Ewers was the top rated recruit that year and skipped his senior year but couldn’t get that NIL money in Texas. 

3 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Deion ain’t ready for this lol.

If he thinks the media/internet/whoever is giving him **** now, wait till they start playing some good teams.

Shedeur is legit, but that’s a 7 win team imo. Maybe I’m wrong, but they’re not the new Alabama or whatever and dude better learn how to let some stuff roll off his back.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Deion ain’t ready for this lol.

If he thinks the media/internet/whoever is giving him **** now, wait till they start playing some good teams.

Shedeur is legit, but that’s a 7 win team imo. Maybe I’m wrong, but they’re not the new Alabama or whatever and dude better learn how to let some stuff roll off his back.

I mean honestly though….

The transfer portal + NIL just changed everything in sports. It’s not a coincidence Alabama looks BAD this year after their depth guys left to get NIL deals.

Edited by candyman93

37 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

I mean honestly though….

The transfer portal + NIL just changed everything in sports. It’s not a coincidence Alabama looks BAD this year after their depth guys left to get NIL deals.

I don’t mean that, he’s ahead of the game there.

I mean his pettiness and how he always holds on to every slight.

His schtick of being “Coach Prime” and leveraging his legacy as a player worked in HS and worked at JSU when he had superior talent, but at some point you’re gonna have to compete against the big boys and Colorado probably isn’t ready to do that right now.

The question is can he pull back on the nonsense and remain composed or is he just gonna keep being super emotional and over the top?  I think the latter will wear on people REALLY quickly if he’s not having a lot of success.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t mean that, he’s ahead of the game there.

I mean his pettiness and how he always holds on to every slight.

His schtick of being “Coach Prime” and leveraging his legacy as a player worked in HS and worked at JSU when he had superior talent, but at some point you’re gonna have to compete against the big boys and Colorado probably isn’t ready to do that right now.

The question is can he pull back on the nonsense and remain composed or is he just gonna keep being super emotional and over the top?  I think the latter will wear on people REALLY quickly if he’s not having a lot of success.

I really felt like his team kept their composure and CSU lost the game by doing dumb stuff. Colorado never fell for the BS. I mean that late hit on the WR/CB would have caused some issues if UC wasn’t well coached. Though they should have lost they did have a 98 yard drive.  

I looked up the Jeff Sagarin ratings and he has Colorado at 70, so seems like the computers aren’t huge fans of Deion yet. 

sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm

Edited by JDD

8 hours ago, JDD said:

I really felt like his team kept their composure and CSU lost the game by doing dumb stuff. Colorado never fell for the BS. I mean that late hit on the WR/CB would have caused some issues if UC wasn’t well coached. Though they should have lost they did have a 98 yard drive.  

I looked up the Jeff Sagarin ratings and he has Colorado at 70, so seems like the computers aren’t huge fans of Deion yet. 

sagarin.com/sports/cfsend.htm

I don’t mean the team losing their composure, I mean him specifically.

Like at some point you need to move beyond calling out publicly every media member who’s doubted you.  Not everything statement needs to be a grand proclamation. That kinda stuff. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I don’t mean the team losing their composure, I mean him specifically.

Like at some point you need to move beyond calling out publicly every media member who’s doubted you.  Not everything statement needs to be a grand proclamation. That kinda stuff. 

Well he is definitely one who thinks all publicity is good publicity. He is one of the best self promoters of all time too. So he definitely isn’t going to hold back when he thinks he was “wronged”

• Like 1