College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

18 minutes ago, BetterCallSaul said:

They have legit talent on their roster finally.

Tyler Van Dyke QB (round 3-5)

Colbie Young WR (round 2-4)

Xavier Restrepo WR (round 4-6)

Zion Nelson OT (round 2-5)

Javion Cohen OG (round 3-4)

Matt Lee C (round 5-7)

Leonard Taylor DT/DE (round 1-2)

Francisco Mauigoa MLB (round 5-6)

Kamren Kinchens FS (round 1)

James Williams SS (round 1-2)

Anders Borregales K (round 7-udfa)

Plus a lot of young guys that will eventually go very high. 

Only guy on that list I know is Zion Nelson who is like.  Maybe he can play tackle, no clue, but I like him inside too.  

On 10/17/2023 at 6:10 PM, candyman93 said:

I’ve got to be honest, I don’t know who we should draft. Obviously projecting into the 2nd round is difficult, but other than some offensive positions I’m not sure what we need.

With this WR class being so stacked, I would love a guy like Xavier Worthy or Egbuka (Who I think is going to drop but has all of the tools and is explosive) or even a guy like Roman Wilson. 

1 hour ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

With this WR class being so stacked, I would love a guy like Xavier Worthy or Egbuka (Who I think is going to drop but has all of the tools and is explosive) or even a guy like Roman Wilson. 

Feel similar to Candy where it's nice to not having any GLARING needs. WR would definitely be at the top of my list, though. Would love another OT, TE, LB as well. But those are still more issues with depth than anything. Damn injuries...

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Just give me the best player.  Sign FAs for holes, draft BPA.

Need is fairly irrelevant imo.  Other than QB there’s nothing I wouldn’t spend our 2rd rounder on tbh.

If we spend it on a corner with the trio we have, I’d question that. But yeah aside from that, the same. BPA anywhere but those 2 spots.

5 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Egbuka is the guy I’m looking at because he also contributes on special teams.

2 hours ago, MWil23 said:

If we spend it on a corner with the trio we have, I’d question that. But yeah aside from that, the same. BPA anywhere but those 2 spots.

I think our corners are the straw that stirs the defensive drink.  If they think they’ll need to replace Ward or Newsome before long, I won’t gripe about getting a corner, especially with how well AB seems to draft them.

9 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I think our corners are the straw that stirs the defensive drink.  If they think they’ll need to replace Ward or Newsome before long, I won’t gripe about getting a corner, especially with how well AB seems to draft them.

At some point with the lack of cap and draft capital, they should probably realize that this defense is legit and the offense is ranked 30th, so maybe consider adding something there that helps now.

If not, yeah BPA, but this WR class is loaded.

1 hour ago, MWil23 said:

At some point with the lack of cap and draft capital, they should probably realize that this defense is legit and the offense is ranked 30th, so maybe consider adding something there that helps now.

If not, yeah BPA, but this WR class is loaded.

I’m not saying they should draft a corner in the second or anything, just that if the board falls in a way that makes a corner the obvious best player I wouldn’t hesitate to pull the trigger. I also think a healthy Watson the rest of the season changes that 30th overall ranking.

Right now my priority would probably be OL.  Bitonio isn’t getting younger, Teller has been expensive and terrible at times, Conklin is flat out unreliable and Wills has underachieved and will be expensive relative to his performance.

I still need to see how things shake out over the next few months with Watson at QB.  It wouldn’t surprise me if some of the skill are viewed differently in January than they are now.

That said, the offense is so stupid expensive in general.  The need to find and develop some guys who can step in and play well enough that they can stop paying some of these dudes big money for meh production.

• Like 1