College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

5 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Never in a million years did I think Kansas would upset Oklahoma in football.

18 losses in a row come to an end.

Its funny as soon as I heard them say that one of the pregame shows l was like I didn't know that was even possible 🤣

It hasn't happened since 1997. So like in my football lifetime I've never seen it lmao 

• Like 1

On 10/28/2023 at 9:57 PM, JDD said:

He might be the best CFB WR ever. How he isn’t a front runner for the heisman is nuts. 

He has everything. I would put Calvin Johnson as 1A if we are talking past couple decades and consider his college cast/role but I love me some Marv and he’s absolutely worth a top 3 pick for some team. I hope he goes to a team I can tolerate.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NateDawg said:

He has everything. I would put Calvin Johnson as 1A if we are talking past couple decades and consider his college cast/role but I love me some Marv and he’s absolutely worth a top 3 pick for some team. I hope he goes to a team I can tolerate.

Excellent post best player on board when we draft wr,tackle,safety?

My reasoning if leshaun will not waive his know trade clause he will be getting leveled for 3 years.

I hear what you are saying LGB - and am pretty much on board with it - BUT......

I feel we have a glaring weakness that MUST BE ADDRESSED sooner rather than later.

I think we need to put in a yeoman's amount of overtime scouting the LT position coming out of school, and an equal amount of effort dedicated to young LTs with less than 3 years NFL experience.

Jed Wills and his piss poor effort and attitude are simply going to get our QB killed out there. Several times yesterday I saw Wills end up 10-15 yards downfield, but he hadn't touched a soul.

But the coup de grace was on the final series. Jed "Turnstile" Wills has perfected the "LookOut" block. It was on full display as PJ got driven into the ground on third down.

Whoever gave that cat $14M fully guaranteed for next year needs their head examined too.

1 minute ago, brooks1957 said:

I hear what you are saying LGB - and am pretty much on board with it - BUT......

I feel we have a glaring weakness that MUST BE ADDRESSED sooner rather than later.

I think we need to put in a yeoman's amount of overtime scouting the LT position coming out of school, and an equal amount of effort dedicated to young LTs with less than 3 years NFL experience.

Jed Wills and his piss poor effort and attitude are simply going to get our QB killed out there. Several times yesterday I saw Wills end up 10-15 yards downfield, but he hadn't touched a soul.

But the coup de grace was on the final series. Jed "Turnstile" Wills has perfected the "LookOut" block. It was on full display as PJ got driven into the ground on third down.

Whoever gave that cat $14M fully guaranteed for next year needs their head examined too.

Imo needs are filled in FA, not the draft.  

Dewand moving to the left side is perhaps a viable option, perhaps then Wills looks better on the right. Or maybe Conklin is healthy next season. 

As far as the 14 million, it’s middle of the road money for a guy who’s a middle of the road tackle if we’re being honest.  Jed has been a disappointment considering where he was drafted, but finding a better player isn’t as easy as just drafting some dude in R2-3.  Hopefully they can, don’t get me wrong.   I think they need to look at another 2 OL next year anyway.  What we have is expensive and aging.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mtmmike said:

Excellent post best player on board when we draft wr,tackle,safety?

My reasoning if leshaun will not waive his know trade clause he will be getting leveled for 3 years.

Best player available but ideally couldn’t hurt to have o-line.

DeVonte Smith was a better college wide receiver than Marvin Harrison but obviously nowhere near the pro prospect

Off-hand the 10-15 standout 'holy smokes these guys are on another level' college players I've watched

QB: Cam Newton

RB: Reggie Bush, Adrian Peterson

WR: DeVonta Smith, Marvin Harrison

OL: Bryant McKinnie

DE: Chase Young

DT: Ndamakong Suh

CB/S: Tyron Mathiue, Eric Berry

I'd probably go

1. Suh

2. Cam

3. Smith

for my top 3 players since early 2000s

• Like 1

7 hours ago, roger murdock said:

DeVonte Smith was a better college wide receiver than Marvin Harrison but obviously nowhere near the pro prospect

Off-hand the 10-15 standout 'holy smokes these guys are on another level' college players I've watched

QB: Cam Newton

RB: Reggie Bush, Adrian Peterson

WR: DeVonta Smith, Marvin Harrison

OL: Bryant McKinnie

DE: Chase Young

DT: Ndamakong Suh

CB/S: Tyron Mathiue, Eric Berry

I'd probably go

1. Suh

2. Cam

3. Smith

for my top 3 players since early 2000s

McKinnie is a bit of a stretch for me. Good for sure, not otherworldly.

Luck, Mario Williams, Myles, Saquon, Orlando Pace, Charles Woodson, Sean Taylor, Kyle Pitts, Champ Bailey, Ricky Williams, Megatron are some other guys who were S tier prospects off the top of my head.