College Football and Draft Discussion 2024

candyman93

46 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I mean, this is just some guy saying he think Sanders would be a good fit here. Doesn't mean we have any serious interest in him.

We all know it’s foreshadowing. He gets drafted here, Deion tries to prevent it; if he’s successful he becomes the first prima Dona abrasive quarterback to hoist 3+ Lombardi’s, if he’s successful he comes here, he flames out as the Sanders entourage burns it all down publicly and we hide out here in shame.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MWil23 said:

We all know it’s foreshadowing. He gets drafted here, Deion tries to prevent it; if he’s successful he becomes the first prima Dona abrasive quarterback to hoist 3+ Lombardi’s, if he’s successful he comes here, he flames out as the Sanders entourage burns it all down publicly and we hide out here in shame.

@sdrawkcab321 you've gotta step your game up.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, candyman93 said:

This franchise is OBSESSED with personalities. It’s why I’m terrified they’ll try to draft Sanders.

I doubt Deion approves of it.

I’m not sure it’s personalities, I think it’s more taking calculated risks more than anything. How quickly we forget the years we tried to win games with guys like Colt McCoy, Brandon Weeden, Charlie Frye and Jason Campbell. 

Let’s not act like we have been a premier QB destination, sometimes we had to make desperate moves, this recent is no different, it is what it is.

Edited by MSURacerDT55

On 9/23/2024 at 6:24 AM, NateDawg said:

Fat boy Wills needs replaced and so does Conklin. Availability is the best ability and it’s not good here. Our OGs are getting older. Basically the entire OL needs re-constructed. Can’t do it all in the draft but they need to hit on at least a couple guys. You’d love at least for Zinter to develop into a starter at OG for one spot. OL without Callahan though I don’t have the same faith in our development.

I want Wills to go on the IR for the whole year, he is a cancer. He does not have the heart of drive it takes to play in this city. 

Regardless of what we do, LT definitely has to be on the radar moving forward.

• Like 3

Our first round pick has got to be a QB or LT in my opinion.  Wills just is just too lazy and Watson is garbage.  We need to start only bringing DAWGS onto this team.  Dudes with a certain mentality.  So sick of these soft *** dudes.

23 hours ago, candyman93 said:

This franchise is OBSESSED with personalities. It’s why I’m terrified they’ll try to draft Sanders.

I doubt Deion approves of it.

maybe but they have taken a hard turn away from that. Baseball guy, Berry, and Stef, show no personality what so ever, especially when you compare them to the GM and HC they replaced, polar opposites of the spectrum. The last 2 first rd picks were calm type personalities in Newsome and Willis. I feel like the draft pick who has screamed the most personality that has been drafted is probably JOK. Watson seems to me like he has a dud of a personality, which is probably why he had to resort to sexually assaulting and raping women. Because an above average looking NFL player, who makes a buttload of money should be drowning in "you know what" 

Edited by buno67

4 hours ago, Brownies17 said:

Our first round pick has got to be a QB or LT in my opinion.  Wills just is just too lazy and Watson is garbage.  We need to start only bringing DAWGS onto this team.  Dudes with a certain mentality.  So sick of these soft *** dudes.

I fee like Watson will throw the biggest tantrum is the browns drafted a QB. I feel like he was the reason Flacco wasnt kept, he didnt want legit competition in the QB room. Seems like the Browns will appease him until they can get rid of him.

None of the QBs excite me either. Ward and Dart do but its not by much

17 hours ago, buno67 said:

I fee like Watson will throw the biggest tantrum is the browns drafted a QB. I feel like he was the reason Flacco wasnt kept, he didnt want legit competition in the QB room. Seems like the Browns will appease him until they can get rid of him.

None of the QBs excite me either. Ward and Dart do but its not by much

I agree on everything you said.  I think OT is the most likely option or possibly a WR.  I just dont know how this front office can keep marching out this fool.  They will, I just dont understand it.