Saints extend RB Alvin Kamara

RaidersAreOne

1 minute ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Why all of a sudden are RBs getting big money like this?  

NFL is weird man. Big RB contracts have turned out to be bad deals most of the time and analytics all point towards not doing it but yet teams still do it. I guess if you have a RB who is young and also a great threat in the passing game it could end up being worth it, but most of the time it’s a risky proposition.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BofaDeez54927 said:

If a team wants to sign a player to a giant contract, then they'll find a way to do it.

Most cap space, least cap space remaining, it doesn't matter.

The salary cap doesn't slow anyone down.

Teams can keep pushing it to the future with how they structure. There is a limit though and even if they can find a way it doesn’t mean they won’t have to end up feeling the consequences down the line like my Eagles will next year but that is exacerbated by the cap going down significantly cause of Covid.

But, yeah... if a team really wants to keep someone they can find a way.

7 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Umm... didn't you guys just lose out on the Clowney Sweepstakes because you didn't have enough cap space?

Was not overly enthusiast about that to begin with.

I should have clarified. They dont lose core players they already have to FA. Its going to be the same song and Dance for Lattimore and Ram. 

20 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

NFL is weird man. Big RB contracts have turned out to be bad deals most of the time and analytics all point towards not doing it but yet teams still do it. I guess if you have a RB who is young and also a great threat in the passing game it could end up being worth it, but most of the time it’s a risky proposition.

It makes sense for playoff teams to extend their RBs but doesnt make much sense for a rebuilding team to give that much money to a RB. I love CMC for example, but the Panthers paying him that much money to me was a bad move. If I was rebuilding like them I would flip him for multiple big assets to help the rebuild. Paying a RB that much money for a team thats going to go 4-12 seems like a waste.

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

It makes sense for playoff teams to extend their RBs but doesnt make much sense for a rebuilding team to give that much money to a RB. I love CMC for example, but the Panthers paying him that much money to me was a bad move. If I was rebuilding like them I would flip him for multiple big assets to help the rebuild. Paying a RB that much money for a team thats going to go 4-12 seems like a waste.

Eh to me they can afford to pay a RB because they are likely drafting their next starter next year in the draft and Teddy will eventually come off the books. CMC will be a big asset to a young QB.

Also, I’m not sure how great of a haul you would get despite how damn good McCaffrey is.

Edited by TheRealMcCoy