Saints extend RB Alvin Kamara

RaidersAreOne

Just now, Danger said:

dude's gonna be just like he was last year, even worse when Brees retires and you have Jameis as your QB.

That's like saying Barkley is going to be like he was last year every year. Just not in the cards both were playing through injury. It happens, but certainly not enough to define a career. That said if Kamara in a down year is a pro bowl RB still, I'll gladly take it as when he is healthy he is an elite caliber RB.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TitanSlim said:

Over 34 million guaranteed. That’s 4 million more than McCaffrey got. Goodness...

Well deserved.

He's the 2nd best RB in the NFL after Saquon Barkley based on TALENT.  Good to see the Saints reward him for his TALENT.

5 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

This also begs the question.... how much will Saquon get?

If I am Barkley and his agent I’m using the fact that they burned the 2nd overall pick on me as leverage and going for at least 18 million per year.

Saquon Barkley should get $20 mil/yr.  I think 5 years/100 million with 50+ million guaranteed sounds about right.

He's the best RB in the NFL by a wide margin.

5 hours ago, RamblinMan99 said:

Why all of a sudden are RBs getting big money like this?  

Because the current crop of RBs in the league are significantly more talented than their predecessors in the last 20 years.

We are currently in the best era of RB talent since the 90s.  Saquon Barkley, Alvin Kamara, Joe Mixon, Christian McCaffrey, and Dalvin Cook are all elite generational talents.