Why are the Eagles so underrated?

TheRealMcCoy

2 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Even when Wentz wasn't pressured he missed guys all over the place. It changes the entire complexion of the season for us. Losing to a team you're supposed to beat is a major lapse, regardless of which week it occurs in. 16 game season, every loss is massive. Especially the ones you were supposed to avoid.

I get that.  The good thing is that this division always plays close, so you don't have to worry about needing to win 12 or more games to win the division.  Also, without crowds, homefield advantage in the playoffs will mean less.  

Your team was missing three starting OL, switched a fourth to a new position near the end of camp, was missing a starting WR and the starting RB.  In addition, I know at least two injuries happened to your DL.  Tough to work through those in Week One without a pre-season.  Only thing I could think of from a coaching perspective was not insisting on quick passes to beat the pass-rush, as well as trying to exploit Ertz and Goedart more.  The football team has been horrible for the past decade at covering TEs.  

58 minutes ago, ET80 said:

This thread did not age well. 

I mean...its only a day old.   😆

Its one game without a preseason, but even before today, the Eagles weren't really underrated. They are a fringe playoff team with a QB I dont trust.    Wentz isnt bad, but I feel like some Eagles fans want people to view him as a better QB than he actually is.    He is a 3rd tier QB.   You can win with him, but it has to be a team effort.   Not sure the Eagles have a good enough team around him to be a really good team.

Too soon to say, though.

• Like 4

On 9/12/2020 at 2:43 PM, TheRealMcCoy said:

I just want to hear varying viewpoints from fans of other teams. Sometimes I’ll see us ranked in the top 10 in power rankings but usually I see us at like 11-16.

If this Eagles team can manage to stay healthy, then I think they can definitely compete with any team in the NFC. We aren’t without our questions, but it’s amazing to me how our receivers keep getting brought up but nobody talks about the Cowboys secondary that much at least in the media. Like our receivers are being a bit underrated and we have an ascending RB and arguably the best TE duo.

I think this team is much more talented than given credit at least starters wise. Our special teams looks to be significantly improved, as is our d-line with Malik Jackson who we signed last year to a big deal and got hurt week 1 and Javon Hargrave who we added last year.

I’m open to opposing viewpoints cause we are far from a perfect team, but when I see Peter King listing the Cowboys as the 1 seed and Eagles not even in the top 7 it just makes me scratch my head.

Discuss.

havent seen the game yet, but its obvious they will win handily

2 hours ago, 43M said:

I mean...its only a day old.   😆

Its one game without a preseason, but even before today, the Eagles weren't really underrated. They are a fringe playoff team with a QB I dont trust.    Wentz isnt bad, but I feel like some Eagles fans want people to view him as a better QB than he actually is.    He is a 3rd tier QB.   You can win with him, but it has to be a team effort.   Not sure the Eagles have a good enough team around him to be a really good team.

Too soon to say, though.

He's pretty overrated by a lot of fans that I personally know. It's frustrating to see a five year player continue to make the same mistakes year in and year out.

1 minute ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Bro, I wasn't trolling when I called him Weenie Wentz. Dude does not have "it". I like him as  person but he's not someone I want leading my team when the going gets tough. There's  reason why Foles won the SB & he didn't.

I mean the torn ACL might have had something to do with it, but who knows maybe he faked it so he could sit at home and watch another QB win the superbowl for his team.

1 hour ago, Oregon Ducks said:

Eagles wouldn't have won it with Wentz.

You're partially right. Regular season MVP'S rarely win the SB in the same season the past few decades which Wentz would of been in 2017.

Then we'd all be sitting here talking about Tom with 7 rings instead of 6. Wouldn't that be fun!