Why are the Eagles so underrated?

TheRealMcCoy

17 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Bears fan saying this...... pot meet kettle

Bears, Vikings, and packers all have potential to have a winning record. If anyone in the nfc east ends up with one, bettors will be very wealthy. 

Brees is worshiped for being #1 all time in regular season completion % at 67.6

• He is 3rd in the playoffs at 67.0.
  • Underrated Eagle is #1 in the playoffs at 68.1

That same underrated guy is #1 in regular season win % as an Eagles QB (min 10 starts) and #1 in regular season passer rating as an Eagle QB (min 10 starts)

I'm pretty sure that makes him the best Eagles QB.

Those Bears would be very lucky to have him if needed.

3 hours ago, Ty21 said:

Bears, Vikings, and packers all have potential to have a winning record. If anyone in the nfc east ends up with one, bettors will be very wealthy. 

I've got no horse in that race and to me, both Dallas and Philly are more of a threat to win the NFC than anyone in the North. Green Bay took a step toward convincing me, but the other 3? I don't see it. And I was high on the Vikes coming into the season.

3 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

This thread is going to be gold after every Eagles loss.

I'm down to eat all of the crow at this point.

I thought maybe with us getting healthier this week we could bounce back and win a tough one against a Rams team coming off a good win, but nope.

Pederson's play calling has been crap, especially week 1. He did nothing to help Carson and kept running a lot of deeper routes and letting Washington tee off on him. He did some things better this game which I'll give him credit for, but it took him way into the game before he got Wentz out of the pocket and played to his strength for a second as a passer on the move.

Wentz's mechanics have definitely regressed. The overthrows have went from occasional to more of the norm. 

Like his accuracy is all over the place.... there is no excuse for it. Press Taylor the QB coach that took over for John DeFilippo and Frank Reich has had 3 offseasons with him. If anything he should be better now and not worse. Not sure what is happening with him right now, but Eagles better get it fixed.

Honestly at this point I think most Eagles fans want 2 new coordinators. An offensive play caller to take the duties from Pederson. He's a great players coach, but not on the level of a McVay or Shanahan as a play caller. Also, Eagles fans have wanted Schwartz gone at a bunch of different points during his tenure. He gets attached to guys personalities and entrusts them as starters even if they aren't good players (see: Nate Gerry at LB or Jalen Mills at CB). He also seems to do good against bad offensive teams and suck against good offensive minds. He'll have a gem or two of a game. We could do worse... sure, but I'm willing to take that risk. We need change.

Our recent draft class looks like the best out of our last 3 or 4. We are gonna need to replace a lot of aging guys and its gonna take another couple good drafts and smart low cost signings (especially with our cap situation next year) to do so.

I don't expect this team to contend for the division this year or next year when we are gonna have to rely on rookies and 2nd year players even more.

TL;DR: Maybe in 2022 we can get back to contending for the division/playoffs.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I'm down to eat all of the crow at this point.

I thought maybe with us getting healthier this week we could bounce back and win a tough one against a Rams team coming off a good win, but nope.

Pederson's play calling has been crap, especially week 1. He did nothing to help Carson and kept running a lot of deeper routes and letting Washington tee off on him. He did some things better this game which I'll give him credit for, but it took him way into the game before he got Wentz out of the pocket and played to his strength for a second as a passer on the move.

Wentz's mechanics have definitely regressed. The overthrows have went from occasional to more of the norm. 

Like his accuracy is all over the place.... there is no excuse for it. Press Taylor the QB coach that took over for John DeFilippo and Frank Reich has had 3 offseasons with him. If anything he should be better now and not worse. Not sure what is happening with him right now, but Eagles better get it fixed.

Honestly at this point I think most Eagles fans want 2 new coordinators. An offensive play caller to take the duties from Pederson. He's a great players coach, but not on the level of a McVay or Shanahan as a play caller. Also, Eagles fans have wanted Schwartz gone at a bunch of different points during his tenure. He gets attached to guys personalities and entrusts them as starters even if they aren't good players (see: Nate Gerry at LB or Jalen Mills at CB). He also seems to do good against bad offensive teams and suck against good offensive minds. He'll have a gem or two of a game. We could do worse... sure, but I'm willing to take that risk. We need change.

Our recent draft class looks like the best out of our last 3 or 4. We are gonna need to replace a lot of aging guys and its gonna take another couple good drafts and smart low cost signings (especially with our cap situation next year) to do so.

I don't expect this team to contend for the division this year or next year when we are gonna have to rely on rookies and 2nd year players even more.

TL;DR: Maybe in 2022 we can get back to contending for the division/playoffs.

TBF, your division sucks, and the Eagles are notorious for digging themselves out of holes under Pederson. I wouldn't throw in the towel so quickly. The game today obviously didn't go well, but I'm not sure you can put too much stock into the first few weeks. McVay and the Rams are better prepared for this than just about any other team because we don't usually play our starters in the preseason. Plus, I think people underestimated us a bit. The big question going into the year for us was the OL. While our OL isn't elite, it is playing well so far. If we can stay healthy (unlike last year), we should have a solid to good unit. That makes us a very dangerous team. The Eagles have talent. They just need to clean some things up.