Why are the Eagles so underrated?

TheRealMcCoy

Seems like the defense can never be much good. No matter what players play and whether they play the run or pass, they always gives up a heap of yards and points. Not sure if that is the DC fault, the draft/FA signings or both. Also Wentz just looks garbage but it is not possible for a QB to go from winning MVP to being one of worst starters in the league, is it? And if it is how would that happen because everyone is just really confused what is wrong with him

2 minutes ago, aussie_eagle said:

Also Wentz just looks garbage but it is not possible for a QB to go from winning MVP to being one of worst starters in the league, is it? And if it is how would that happen because everyone is just really confused what is wrong with him

*would have been MVP/MVP caliber

I mean, it’s possible given a serious injury, which Wentz had. However, can you go from top 12 QB (consensus on Wentz after 2019, probably also after 2018) to trash in lieu of any serious injury? I don’t think so. I can’t think of a reason when he’s 27. Maybe the bizarre offseason hitting him harder than most? Your guess as good as mine. Would be very odd if it keeps up.

51 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

TBF, your division sucks, and the Eagles are notorious for digging themselves out of holes under Pederson. I wouldn't throw in the towel so quickly. The game today obviously didn't go well, but I'm not sure you can put too much stock into the first few weeks. McVay and the Rams are better prepared for this than just about any other team because we don't usually play our starters in the preseason. Plus, I think people underestimated us a bit. The big question going into the year for us was the OL. While our OL isn't elite, it is playing well so far. If we can stay healthy (unlike last year), we should have a solid to good unit. That makes us a very dangerous team. The Eagles have talent. They just need to clean some things up.

I'm not completely throwing in the towel, but I'm pretty disappointed in this start considering the expectations I had.

Some of the issues will probably get ironed out like our OL played well today after last week and our run game got going.

But, we have a lot to clean up and my patience will wear thin if they don't figure it out soon. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

I'm not completely throwing in the towel, but I'm pretty disappointed in this start considering the expectations I had.

Some of the issues will probably get ironed out like our OL played well today after last week and our run game got going.

But, we have a lot to clean up and my patience will wear thin if they don't figure it out soon. 

Good thing you guys are in the worst division in football. 

Bad news is that this win today might just be what Dallas needed to get things underway 

32 minutes ago, rocky_rams said:

Good thing you guys are in the worst division in football. 

Bad news is that this win today might just be what Dallas needed to get things underway 

Yeah. Dallas just needs to stay afloat until some of their injured players come back and they'll win the division at 9-7.

8 hours ago, aussie_eagle said:

Seems like the defense can never be much good. No matter what players play and whether they play the run or pass, they always gives up a heap of yards and points. Not sure if that is the DC fault, the draft/FA signings or both. Also Wentz just looks garbage but it is not possible for a QB to go from winning MVP to being one of worst starters in the league, is it? And if it is how would that happen because everyone is just really confused what is wrong with him

Well, Brian Sipe did win MVP in 1980 behind an 11-5 season. He played terrible the following season leading the league in interceptions with 25 compared to 17 TDs. The Browns finished 5-11 in 1981. 

Sometimes players just hit their peak, whether it's early or late, then drop due to a variety of reasons. Even Erik Krammer and Scott Mitchell had monster years. Then went back to sucking. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe