Who From 2016 Is Missed The Most?

NFL Network

Just now, NFL Network said:

I'm sure they miss his production that he gave them in 2016 b/c at this rate they are barely a top 20 rushing team. I haven't seen any footage of Haden with the Steelers but they need new people in the secondary ASAP!

Gillislee is a better player. If you think Blount would be doing any better thus far this season, you're probably not familiar with Blount's body of work behind his 2-3 annual highlight reel plays

3 hours ago, NFL Network said:

The Patriots would of given anything to have a RB have a day that Blount had yesterday against the Chargers. I really don't think too highly of Giselle as I'd rather hammer Blount in short yardage situations. Also Giselle can't handle the amount of carries than what the Pats gave Blount last year.

Blounts stat line last year isn't close to his actual performance level.

Blount would break off a big run bit surround it with a bunch of 1 yard and negative plays. 

35 minutes ago, mcmurtry86 said:

Gillislee is a better player. If you think Blount would be doing any better thus far this season, you're probably not familiar with Blount's body of work behind his 2-3 annual highlight reel plays

I know Blount was brutal in the playoffs last year but he could covert in short yardage situations in the regular season which is something they have struggled with this year when using Gillislee. But with this defense so bad they can't even afford to run the ball too much b/c any non positive run plays increase the risk of them having to punt the ball back to the other team.

32 minutes ago, mcmurtry86 said:

Blount is a terrible short yardage back. Gillislee is better but his OL has been driven back into him in his few opportunities this year. On plays where he got 0 yards, Blount would have lost 4.

You had to take the good with the bad with Blount but when he was here he served his purpose hence all the TD's he had in the regular season last year. It was a surprise year for him as he gave them more than what was expected in the regular season.  They better hope Gillislee can make the most of his carries b/c the run gets scrapped very quickly this season as complimentary football hasn't existed thus far.

1 minute ago, NFL Network said:

You had to take the good with the bad with Blount but when he was here he served his purpose hence all the TD's he had in the regular season last year. It was a surprise year for him as he gave them more than what was expected in the regular season.  They better hope Gillislee can make the most of his carries b/c the run gets scrapped very quickly this season as complimentary football hasn't existed thus far.

I'd attribute that more to the shoot outs that every game has been. Tough to stick to a run game when time is running out and you are down by 8

14 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

What was his purpose that couldn't have been filled easily by literally 30-50 other guys in the NFL?

There was very little "good" with Blount except when he was facing a team with a cream puff D

2 hours ago, mcmurtry86 said:

Arguably is an interesting choice of words

If the secondary was merely mediocre instead of horrendous, the Pats would be at least 3-1 if not 4-0 right now. Sheard and Ninkovich combined aren't worth half a win.

Ha. Yeah, well their LB group is making a strong push for the dubious honor, only reason I'd argue secondary is worse is b/c the Hightower injury is somewhat of an excuse.

This is way too early IMO, but I guess, after all, that's what this board is for.

I think they miss one of Long/Sheard. I understand why both walked. Long wanted a bigger role and was great role player last season. Sheard wanted to get paid. But I think they should have added one more veteran pass rusher, IMO. Maybe they increase Wise's work load and he keeps flashing.

They miss the 2016 versions of Alan Branch and Malcolm Butler, the most IMO.

It amazes me how many people say they miss Logan Ryan. I can almost guarantee they were the same fans that shredded him ANY time he let up a reception. He was extremely underappreciated here. They definitely miss the continuity in their secondary right now...but if they figure out the communication issues, Gilmore is the superior player.

The Patriots miss Blount? Lol.

49 minutes ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

But I think they should have added one more veteran pass rusher, IMO.

They banked pretty heavily on Kony Ealy being a solid addition. They had options too with Calais Campbell, Chris Baker, JPP, Charles Johnson, Nick Perry, Mario Addison (who I liked a lot), Elvis Dumervil, and Connor Barwin all available in FA. 

1 hour ago, 1ForTheThumb said:

This is way too early IMO, but I guess, after all, that's what this board is for.

I think they miss one of Long/Sheard. I understand why both walked. Long wanted a bigger role and was great role player last season. Sheard wanted to get paid. But I think they should have added one more veteran pass rusher, IMO. Maybe they increase Wise's work load and he keeps flashing.

They miss the 2016 versions of Alan Branch and Malcolm Butler, the most IMO.

It amazes me how many people say they miss Logan Ryan. I can almost guarantee they were the same fans that shredded him ANY time he let up a reception. He was extremely underappreciated here. They definitely miss the continuity in their secondary right now...but if they figure out the communication issues, Gilmore is the superior player.

The Patriots miss Blount? Lol.

2016 Branch and Butler seems like the right answer 

25 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

They banked pretty heavily on Kony Ealy being a solid addition. They had options too with Calais Campbell, Chris Baker, JPP, Charles Johnson, Nick Perry, Mario Addison (who I liked a lot), Elvis Dumervil, and Connor Barwin all available in FA. 

Would you really say "banked heavily"? He was a chronic underachiever that they gave up little for and then drafted two edge guys after adding him. 

I dug out the stats comparison b/t Gilleslee & Blount for 2017 through 4 games and it's not even close. Blount has more yards on fewer carries, fewer carries per game. The only category Gilleslee is better is TD's but that's it.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=RUSHING&conference=null&season=2017&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=RUSHING_YARDS&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

4 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

I dug out the stats comparison b/t Gilleslee & Blount for 2017 through 4 games and it's not even close. Blount has more yards on fewer carries, fewer carries per game. The only category Gilleslee is better is TD's but that's it.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=RUSHING&conference=null&season=2017&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=RUSHING_YARDS&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

Sorry man you are wrong. Blount was hot garbage last year in short yardage situations, and the line is worse this year.

Archived