Panthers vs Raiders Discussion

iknowcool

My thoughts so far...

- Defense is as bad on the field as it is on paper.  Lord.  No disrespect to the Raiders but it isn't like they have an offense full of talent, yet they have had absolutely no problem moving the ball.  We've forced only one punt (first drive of the game) and ain't even come close to forcing a turnover.

- Offensive line looks a little better.  Receivers not playing well.  But the biggest issue (and it's early so take it for whatever it is) is Bridgewater doesn't look like he can push the ball downfield at all.  This is a problem if our defense is going to be this bad (it will) because we'll need big plays to win shootouts.  However he looked good throwing underneath and anything quick.  I really like how fast the offense moves getting to the LOS and snapping the ball.  So I don't think Teddy has played bad.  But this defense is too bad for him to be the kind of QB he is, which is a game manager.  

EDIT - Teddy's pocket presence has been good today too, helping the pass protection look even better.  Overall offense has been strong.  Defense needs to force a punt

Edited by iknowcool

The team showed a lot of fight and to score 30 points with a chance to win late means something. The defense outside of the stop before the Robbie Anderson touchdown was really bad. With guys like KK, Shaq, and Burns and some vets like Tahir Whitehead and Tre Boston, we have to expect more. Derrick Brown and Jermey Chinn will get up to speed as rookie starters but Troy Pride may be in for a long season without Apple and Donte Jackson.

Disappointing showing from DJ Moore missing some opportunities to miss plays but it's good to have Robbie and Curtis able to play at a high level as well.

I feel pain but there was some encouraging stuff, it's good to have the guys back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iknowcool said:

No disrespect to the Raiders but it isn't like they have an offense full of talent, yet they have had absolutely no problem moving the ball.  We've forced only one punt (first drive of the game) and ain't even come close to forcing a turnover.

Tbh we do have a pretty good Offense. Top 5 O-line, top 4 TE, top 10 RB. We're just too inexperienced at WR , Carr is conservative and Gruden is inconsistent calling plays. I wouldn't dump on your D for not playing well vs. LV's O.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Tbh we do have a pretty good Offense. Top 5 O-line, top 4 TE, top 10 RB. We're just too inexperienced at WR , Carr is conservative and Gruden is inconsistent calling plays. I wouldn't dump on your D for not playing well vs. LV's O.

Josh Jacobs a beast.  I like Carr and Ruggs too. Wasn’t tryna make it sound like ya’ll bad, but it shouldn’t have looked that easy.  But yeah if ya’ll ever get a legit #1 that’s a scary offense

• Like 1