WEEK 1 GAMEDAY THREAD- MNF vs. Titans

BullsandBroncos

Usually I'm a jinxed guy so I thought I'd start us off. I think defensively our front 7 is going to pack a lunch.  Here is our depth chart.

QB- Drew Lock

RB- Melvin Gordon & Lindsay

TE- Noah Fanta

WR- Sutton

WR- Judge Jeudy

LT- Garett Bolles

LG- Dalton Risner

C- Lloyd Cushenberry

RG- Graham Glasgow

RT- Elijah Wilkinson (Gross).

DEs- Jurrell Casey and Shelby Harris

NT- Mike Purcell

SLB- Jermiah Attaochu

WLB- Bradley Chubb

ILB- AJ and Josey Jewell

CBs- Bryce Callahan (who?) and AJ Bouye

SS- Kareem Jackson

FS- Justin Simmons

I think the front 7's ability to stop Derrick Henry is going to be the biggest part and they definitely have their work cut out for them. AJ and Jewell better pack a lunch because I envision a long night. I'm going to call the game as 28-17 Titans. 

What are your thoughts?

I think this is a loss for Denver, but this will be a good test as to where Denver’s run defense is at.  Also looking forward to seeing Denver’s offense.  There’s going to be bumps.  Young team, lack of a preseason and what not.  Just hoping for more positives than negatives in this 1st game.

Missing one of our top defenders along with a top 2 player on offense (likely) I don’t see how Denver wins this unless Lock balls out.

We don’t have the edge rush to get after Tannehill either so I think He along with Henry and probably J. Smith could have big nights.

Denver is notoriously tough in home openers, but I don’t feel any level of confidence about this game at all.

Tennesee: 27

Denver: 21

22 minutes ago, broncofan48 said:

Missing one of our top defenders along with a top 2 player on offense (likely) I don’t see how Denver wins this unless Lock balls out.

We don’t have the edge rush to get after Tannehill either so I think He along with Henry and probably J. Smith could have big nights.

Denver is notoriously tough in home openers, but I don’t feel any level of confidence about this game at all.

Tennesee: 27

Denver: 21

Always talking about Lock and his balls out. 

5 hours ago, jsthomp2007 said:

I don't even remember the titans. 

Best of luck tonight guys. Always had a soft spot for the Broncos(think as a kid it's because I loved the jerseys so much lol, and Mike Shanahan is one of my favorite offensive minds). Hopefully it's an injury free game, lord knows we've both seen enough of those.

Edited by TitanLegend
  • Like 3

Worry about our ability to penetrate and hit Henry in the backfield. Going to need someone who isn't Bradley Chubb to make timely splash plays in the backfield. 

Offensively, I'm intrigued to see how our interior holds up against Simmons. He's going to be some player that boy.

Von getting hurt is going to lose us, in my opinion, at least 3 close games this year and I fear this is 1.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, lomaxgrUK said:

Worry about our ability to penetrate and hit Henry in the backfield. Going to need someone who isn't Bradley Chubb to make timely splash plays in the backfield. 

Offensively, I'm intrigued to see how our interior holds up against Simmons. He's going to be some player that boy.

Von getting hurt is going to lose us, in my opinion, at least 3 close games this year and I fear this is 1.

Denver brought in Casey to provide some of those splash plays.  You know he’s motivated tonight.

But yes, this is not a game I expect Denver to win and one I think has a chance to get ugly if Denver can’t stop the run. 

Not expecting a win tonight.  Too much stacked against the Broncos.  But I AM hoping to see some sparks on offense.  Not consistent, not without mistakes, but some hint that by week 6, with some more practice and with Sutton back, this can be an offense that can contribute to winning games - as opposed to simply “not losing” them.