? TNF Week Five - Patriots (2-2) @ Buccaneers (2-1)

bucsfan333

Not sure what to expect. Bucs generally suck on TNF and come out sloppy, unprepared so I don't like our chances. Not to mention the Patriots are coming off a loss at home, they'll be extra focused to bounce back.

We need to get Doug Martin going this game. He needs at least 20+ carries so we can keep this defense off the field, shorten the game, and hopefully wear them down as the game goes on. Helps establish PA pass game for Jameis and make the windows bigger to throw to. Pats secondary have been awful so I can see Winston having a good game if they block well.

Defensively this is our worse nightmare. Brady has carved up every defense he's faced this year other than the KC Chiefs. Our pass rush doesn't get home and our safety play paired with these back-up LBers (if Alexander can't go) spews disaster. I think Pats win by 2 possessions.

Folk making that kick, changed the entire dynamic of this game, IMO.  The team would have been so deflated like the Oakland game last year, I would have expected a similar result on Thursday.   A lot went wrong on Sunday and they still prevailed.  The Pats deserve all the respect in the world,  I think this is going to be a very close game to the end.

27 minutes ago, indifference said:

Not sure what to expect. Bucs generally suck on TNF and come out sloppy, unprepared so I don't like our chances. Not to mention the Patriots are coming off a loss at home, they'll be extra focused to bounce back.

We need to get Doug Martin going this game. He needs at least 20+ carries so we can keep this defense off the field, shorten the game, and hopefully wear them down as the game goes on. Helps establish PA pass game for Jameis and make the windows bigger to throw to. Pats secondary have been awful so I can see Winston having a good game if they block well.

i think we really need to start throwing in some screens to dougie, if any screen play can go for 10+ yards, itll always keep a defense honest

Excited for this one, as it'll be my 1st regular season game I'll get to watch live and not like 2 days later lol...

- Muscle Hampster will be back this week. DK has been pretty non committal though so far, as to what role he'll have on Thursday night. I think they'll ease him in at first and pending on game flow feed him as the game wears on...

- I think this one will be a shoot out, even w/ Kwon back. Too much offensive talent on both sides...

10 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Excited for this one, as it'll be my 1st regular season game I'll get to watch live and not like 2 days later lol...

- Muscle Hampster will be back this week. DK has been pretty non committal though so far, as to what role he'll have on Thursday night. I think they'll ease him in at first and pending on game flow feed him as the game wears on...

- I think this one will be a shoot out, even w/ Kwon back. Too much offensive talent on both sides...

other than Gronk i dont really think they have any offensive talent TBH , Brady just makes everything look good

also think we need to feed the hamster early and often

5 hours ago, ChumpyTodz said:

I am hoping we blitz Tom Brady. At least once a quarter.

So are we, but for the whole game. He has close to a perfect passer rating under pressure.

I actually think you guys will win this. Our D really is that bad. Can't cover short passes, can't cover deep ball, and can't plug a run. 

1 minute ago, Hunter2_1 said:

So are we, but for the whole game. He has close to a perfect passer rating under pressure.

I actually think you guys will win this. Our D really is that bad. Can't cover short passes, can't cover deep ball, and can't plug a run. 

we are in the same boat buddy, its going to come down to who executes , and if both offenses do, then its going to come down to who has the ball last

18 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Sounds like we'll be seeing more of Evans. I like the slow approach we've taken with him.

Yeah Evans made a couple nice plays in the run game Sunday. I'd like to get him some more meaningful PT as the year goes on. With both backers out, I fully expect the game plan is to bracket cover Gronk. Let Cooks, Hogan, and Amendola beat us.

1 hour ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

i think we really need to start throwing in some screens to dougie, if any screen play can go for 10+ yards, itll always keep a defense honest

I agree. I don't think the Pats blitz that often though they seem to play a conservative defense for the most part and let their front four beat you.

Archived