? TNF Week Five - Patriots (2-2) @ Buccaneers (2-1)

bucsfan333

5 minutes ago, indifference said:

Yeah Evans made a couple nice plays in the run game Sunday. I'd like to get him some more meaningful PT as the year goes on. With both backers out, I fully expect the game plan is to bracket cover Gronk. Let Cooks, Hogan, and Amendola beat us.

we need to keep grimes on cook

i hate having to rely on a 34 year old corner but thats where we are nowadays

as long as we contain cooks we should be ok, brady is going to kill is finding his 2nd,3rd,4th options all day so i hope we can at least take away his 1st

15 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

we need to keep grimes on cook

i hate having to rely on a 34 year old corner but thats where we are nowadays

as long as we contain cooks we should be ok, brady is going to kill is finding his 2nd,3rd,4th options all day so i hope we can at least take away his 1st

To be honest, from what I watched vs Carolina and the game vs KC. I'm not sure if Cooks is their primary receiver option. Brady just throws to whoever is open.

Appreciate the Pats fans coming over and adding insight.  I agree it would be a huge mistake if Smith sends more then 4 pass rushers at Brady.  They re not going to confuse him and he is deadly accurate 10 yards and closer to the LOS.  The best bet is try to flood the middle of the field and hopefully make him throw outside the hashes beyond 10 yards.  He s only really good there, not deadly.  Also, by keeping 7 guys back, will be easier to gang tackle and go for strips.  Just like last week, if they get the Pats in 3rd and long, they need to get off the field.  If McCoy and Baker can have a decent night rushing the passer, it would help out a lot.

Curious to see how the game is officiated.  On Sunday, they pretty much let everything go on the LOS with holding for both teams.  If the game is called a little tighter, I think it helps the Bucs.

16 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Appreciate the Pats fans coming over and adding insight.  I agree it would be a huge mistake if Smith sends more then 4 pass rushers at Brady.  They re not going to confuse him and he is deadly accurate 10 yards and closer to the LOS.  The best bet is try to flood the middle of the field and hopefully make him throw outside the hashes beyond 10 yards.  He s only really good there, not deadly.  Also, by keeping 7 guys back, will be easier to gang tackle and go for strips.  Just like last week, if they get the Pats in 3rd and long, they need to get off the field.  If McCoy and Baker can have a decent night rushing the passer, it would help out a lot.

Curious to see how the game is officiated.  On Sunday, they pretty much let everything go on the LOS with holding for both teams.  If the game is called a little tighter, I think it helps the Bucs.

Pretty much spot on. Our losses tend to come against defenses that only rush 3 or 4 and still get pressure, whilst being strict and tight on receivers with DBs. Brady, for whatever reason, is unreal under pressure. Someone like McCoy will be key in that respect. 

3 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

These defensive injuries are really frustraiting. At the end of the day if all 4 guys on the above report played it probably..probably wouldn't make a difference against Brady. Maybe we could cover Gronk better but idk. At the end of the day we have to put points up if we are going to win. The Pats defense is sucking at a historic level. If we can't put up 30+ points from the offense or don't, we'll lose. This game will have no defense, just what the NFL wants. 

Watch Doug Martin be our key to victory. I wouldn't be surprised.

Hopefully with the mini bye we can get everyone back healthy.

Archived