? TNF Week Five - Patriots (2-2) @ Buccaneers (2-1)

bucsfan333

Hopefully we can keep the streak alive. It should be noted that Brady has never started a game against us in Tampa. But still.

This could be a shootout. It's gonna have to be if we wanna have any chance to pull this off. I don't see any way we can slow down their offense. And I think our offense will be able to move the ball too. This game could come down to the final possession.

Discuss.

NAME POSITION INJURY MON. TUE. WED. GAME STATUS
Elandon Roberts LB Ankle DNP N/A N/A N/A
Eric Rowe DB Groin DNP N/A N/A N/A
Rex Burkhead RB Ribs LP N/A N/A N/A
Marcus Cannon OL Ankle LP N/A N/A N/A
Stephon Gilmore CB Ankle LP N/A N/A N/A
Dont'a Hightower LB Knee LP N/A N/A N/A
Brandon King DB Hamstring LP N/A N/A N/A
Matthew Slater WR Hamstring LP N/A N/A N/A

Gotta hope the CBs on the outside hold up, so the safeties can help out in the middle of the field.  If the Bucs can limit the running game, it would give Brady at least something to look at if the LBs don't get sucked in to cover rushing lanes.

With the secondary issues of the Pats, I don't expect them to blitz as much as the Giants.  Flowers and Hightower have to be contained for a chance at victory.   Keep the game within1 score with 10 minutes left in the game and see what happens.   

Well this will be a test for the defense for sure. This is not Glennon or Keenum or E.Manning..........and we made all 3 look great. No, this is BRADY. In case you guys don't know, it's the rest of the Pats team that sucks which is why they're 2-2, Brady however has continued from where he left off in the superbowl....

He right now is leading the league in passing yards, and it's worth noting that he already has 10 passing TD's and no one has picked him off yet. HOWEVER like I said, the rest of their team(mainly their D) is not doing so hot. We get Doug Martin back this week which is HUGE. I honestly think we can win this, but we have to control the time of posession and keep Brady off the field.

I re-watched last game and still see that VH3 is legit our worst defensive back(yes worse than Conte). Their run game is average...at best. All their sparks fly from the passing game.

This will be a tough fight but going 3-1 into our mini bye week would be huge. This is the kind of moments that our team needs to step up for if we want to actually start emerging as a top team in the league now that we have a franchise QB. He is in his 3rd year, we legit have no reason to not go to playoffs this year, and games like this, in front of the the country is where we need to prove it.

Bucs second-year CB Vernon Hargreaves III was targeted 12 times against the Giants. He allowed 8 receptions for 97 yards and a 91.3 passer rating on throws into his coverage. While he kept them out of the end zone, both Brandon Marshall and Odell Beckham Jr. each were targeted 6 times and each hauled in four receptions against VHII. Despite playing 1 less game, Hargreaves has allowed the fifth-most yards in coverage among CBs so far this season at 260.

That puts him at 19/28 260 yards on the season. He pretty much averages giving up six catches for 87 yards every week.

Fearing the worst for this one. 

This should be our statement game, but our weaknesses play to Brady's strengths. We just need to hope we can slow their offence down enough and establish our running game.

Should be an exciting game, but I can't actually remember us playing well on a Thursday.

2 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

unless we blitz every play , with multiple guys, we arent getting anywere lol

at this point why dont we just rush 3 and see if we can cover everybody with extra guys , not a bad idea imo

Can't hurt. McCoy should get through eventually.

Archived