The Good, the Bad, the VICTORY vs. Panthers (Post-game talk)

RaidersAreOne

5 hours ago, doctordeath said:

THE BAD: ABRAM'S SLEEVES.

They're wayyyyyy too long--just not aesthetically pleasing to me. I know he said they help with his shoulder and range of motion, but why not just do it loose and short, kinda like how Nuke has his?

He’s going for the old C-Wood vintage look.  I actually like it.... reminds me of the last time we had a good team outside of ‘16

13 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

added later:  not to mention 3Tech IS ACTUALLY the cornerstone of a Marinelli defense and to a lesser extent Guenther’s.  So creating the idea that Collins is a capable corner stone player in our defense makes for an interesting story.

Most of what the coaches said is actually true... 3Tech is a very important position for our defense, But that doesn’t mean Collins is this monster 3T. The “we go as far as Collins takes us” is more accurately stated as “3T is a vital position for this defense and the success of it will rely on Collins being able to get pressure and stuff the run”. He’s clearly a liability vs the run so yes if he doesn’t play better we’re in trouble.  His pass rush should eventually be good enough to boost the teams pass rush

Agree with a lot of this and you know we're of a very similar mind regarding Collins, though I dont think he's a liability in run defence but do agree he will try and knife through and create the odd splash play but give up rushing lanes at times. I dud expect a bit more penetration from him if I'm honest but its still really early.

A really good 3T or DT that can disrupt and push the pocket is a key to a goid number of schemes and why I pretty much push for us to draft a DT high every year 😀😀😀 in my mind it's sonewhat like a franchise QB in that if you dont have one you should try and draft or sign one every year until you find your guy!

On 9/15/2020 at 8:28 AM, jimkelly02 said:

He’s going for the old C-Wood vintage look.  I actually like it.... reminds me of the last time we had a good team outside of ‘16

the last good teams we had outside of '16 were the early 00s gruden teams, which had C-Wood rocking the tucked in sleeves...

On 9/15/2020 at 3:26 PM, Dessie said:

Hmm interesting the different stats between Abram and Harris. 

Is this reading right that LBs only gave up 1 catch on 7 targets? That has to be an vast improvement, though I think I remember more, maybe they were the safeties responsibility?