The Good, the Bad, the VICTORY vs. Panthers (Post-game talk)

RaidersAreOne

9 minutes ago, TLO said:

Completely agree. Nobody seems to want to admit it, but he’s fat and out of shape. Can’t convince me that and the injuries aren’t related. Not saying he’s not a good player, but he’s not living up to that contract. 

I hate to admit it because he is so good. 

But yeah, a guy that big with a lingering lower body injury. Definitely a correlation. 

Brown has been a bust so far due to injuries, the one season he stayed healthy with the Pats is an outlier. Hope he gets healthy and stays healthy, but it’s certainly frustrating so far. 

As for the game, agree with everything you said. 

Good: 

- Josh Jacobs. Obviously by far the best thing of the game. He was a monster and absolutely put this team on his back. 

- OL looks terrific as always. 

- Run Defense looked pretty good.

- Abram looked nice

- Ruggs looked nice

- Ferrell nice stop at the end, Ferrells Run D is looking very solid so far. 

- Carr had an ok game and kept the chains moving when necessary. Not a good game or bad game I’d say. 

Bad:

- Pass Rush was by far the worst part of our game. It was non-existent what so ever. Not gonna win many games if that persists. 

- Erik Harris is absolute trash. 

- Arnette is suspect. Wasn’t terrible but was below-average. 

- Secondary as a unit is overall suspect. 

- Grudens play calling was great in the first half and very aggressive, and then bad play calling in the second half and very conservative and vanilla. Did he not learn from last year...?

Regardless, good win. Everyone showed some good heart in this game. 

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

Good:

Ruggs in the first half

Booker

Jacobs

No costly turnovers

Bad:

Playcalling after the half

Ugly:

Mark Davis

Paul Guenther 

Our entire D-line

Pass rush

Linebackers 

Prevent style Charmin Ultra secondary

Kwit's injury

This , plus Carlsons kick... Ferrell was a ghost until that last play... 

Just now, NYRaider said:

People here acted like we'd be okay with him at FS. Dude is below average for sure. Should've kept Randall as depth.

The only person that likes him as far as I remember is Rich. No one else on this forum thinks Harris is a starter. Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love Harris as a Backup, Depth, Rotation guy, Special Teamer, Fringe Starter when injuries happen, etc. But he’s 100% not starting material in this league. 

3 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

The only person that likes him as far as I remember is Rich. No one else on this forum thinks Harris is a starter. Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love Harris as a Backup, Depth, Rotation guy, Special Teamer, Fringe Starter when injuries happen, etc. But he’s 100% not starting material in this league. 

We need to draft another safety early. 

• Like 1

Just now, NYRaider said:

We need to draft another safety early. 

If we are picking anything later than 14-15, the pick is probably FS. There’s some good ones in the Mid-Late 1st Round. 

Picking before that range would probably be QB, DE, or MLB. 

Although obviously too early to speculate much on the draft. The thing is, with no college football, the projections are more accurate now at this time then they have been at Week 1 in the past. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

If we are picking anything later than 14-15, the pick is probably FS. There’s some good ones in the Mid-Late 1st Round. 

Picking before that range would probably be QB, DE, or MLB. 

Although obviously too early to speculate much on the draft. The thing is, with no college football, the projections are more accurate now at this time then they have been at Week 1 in the past. 

I don't think that picking early will be a total reflection on Carr. The defense doesn't look great but he played pretty well today. 

And aren't some teams playing this season?