The Good, the Bad, the VICTORY vs. Panthers (Post-game talk)

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

People here acted like we'd be okay with him at FS. Dude is below average for sure. Should've kept Randall as depth.

People seem to forget last year he had 3 interceptions in a game with one called back due to a penalty.  I watched some highlights of the game today.  Guys were missing tackles on both teams.  His was just so obvious as it was in the open and it ended in a TD.  He overshot the receiver.

2 hours ago, TLO said:

ugly: Trent brown is a waste of money. Maybe if he controlled his weight, he wouldn’t be perpetually injured. I’m not impressed. 

While when Trent plays he’s a massive weapon.... the needle is starting to creep towards a waste of money... and that’s Mayock’s Prized Move.  Luckily, Brown’s salary drops big the last 2 years so we’d prolly keep him.... but it’s another big waste of money if he’s going to be hurt all the time.

I’ll stay optimistic and chalk it up to him coming into the game hurt still and just not being able to continue.

1 minute ago, S&B Bleeder said:

People seem to forget last year he had 3 interceptions in a game with one called back due to a penalty.  I watched some highlights of the game today.  Guys were missing tackles on both teams.  His was just so obvious as it was in the open and it ended in a TD.  He overshot the receiver.

That was one game... where the Chargers had the worst OL in the league due to injuries and Rivers had a noodle arm. 

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I thought Key was close to a couple big plays. Story of his career but better than not applying any pressure. Hope he can build off this. 

Yeah... Key definitely had several nice rushes but didn’t get the sack.  But sacks come in bunches... it does seem to be the story of his career... but I’m optimistic that he can turn those near misses into sacks soon enough.  They were “quick” hurries... as in they weren’t a result of long QB drops... meaning he was beating his OL quickly..:: that’s a good sign

52 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Was Arnette that bad though? Sure the one big play is horrible and he should have wrapped up on the one McC run, but besides that I didn't think he was a liability. 

Yea I don’t know why he’s getting ragged. I thought he played well. Outside of the long TD.ill take giving up a big play here and there than constantly being abused. 

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

That was one game... where the Chargers had the worst OL in the league due to injuries and Rivers had a noodle arm. 

Harris isn’t a coverage S.... he’s a guy who can jump routes.... i think Safety INT’s is a highly misleading stat anyways.... tips and bad passes that land in a S’s hand doesn’t mean he’s good in coverage.... at all.

nonetheless.... you can find something to undermine 90% of INTs by S’s.  There’s no reason to undermine Harris’s INTs by saying Rivers sucks... the reality is Harris made those plays.

but he still isn’t a great coverage S.... yo using poor logic to make a valid point

Edited by jimkelly02

57 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Was Arnette that bad though? Sure the one big play is horrible and he should have wrapped up on the one McC run, but besides that I didn't think he was a liability. 

He slipped and got burned.... it happens to every CB.  It’s ridiculous to look that closely into a rookies one play in their first game.  There’s going to be wins and loses for every rookie.... especially early.  He wasn’t picked on and exposed consistently, so that’s a good thing.

13 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Glad to see Carlson rebound... he wasn’t good last year and K’s can have quick falls from grace... so it’d big to have him come out week 1 strong. Also, Sieg sent a XP snap that skipped across the ground to the H and it was a great play by Cole (the Holder) to even catch it let alone get it down in position to be kicked.... and Carlson had to stop his kicking motion and wait for the ball.  That bad snap could have made it a 3 not 4 point game for last drive and Carolina was in FG range at the end.

Ruggs speed will definitely open things up for other WR+TEs but we’re going to need Edwards, Agholor, and Jones to step up.  There wasn’t much outside of Ruggs and Waller.... it’s not sky is falling time at WR but the “Edwards is a 1000yd receiver” crew got a dose of reality today.  

Edwards will get his. As the season moves on he’ll be more involved. ****, he has to 

10 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Harris isn’t a coverage S.... he’s a guy who can jump routes.... i think Safety INT’s is a highly misleading stat anyways.... tips and bad passes that land in a S’s hand doesn’t mean he’s good in coverage.... at all.

nonetheless.... you can find something to undermine 90% of INTs by S’s.  There’s no reason to undermine Harris’s INTs by saying Rivers sucks... the reality is Harris made those plays.

but he still isn’t a great coverage S.... yo using poor logic to make a valid point

Harris still isn't a starter, no matter how hard some fans try to make him one.

I watched online while at work.... and the stream would skip at times..... And I was watching the play moreso then matchups

How did Kolton Miller look?  How often did Brian Burns rush versus him?  Someone just said we had 0 sacks (I knew that but not) 0 pressures allowed.  Seems like Miller won that matchup.