The Good, the Bad, the VICTORY vs. Panthers (Post-game talk)

RaidersAreOne

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Harris still isn't a starter, no matter how hard some fans try to make him one.

Yeah he’s not.... I’ve said that many times.... he’s a solid 3rd S.

i even said he’s not a coverage S.... he’s a guy who can jump routes in front of him

i never said he’s a good starter.... I just think your logic was off.

14 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Edwards will get his. As the season moves on he’ll be more involved. ****, he has to 

Why does he have to?  I mean I get that he’s going to be forced to play a lot of snaps and he’ll get targets as a result but that doesn’t mean he’s definitely going to succeed to any significant level.

I like him a lot as a developmental guy.... but I’m still sticking to it’s going to be a learning process for him and instant domination, as many have believed would happen, isn’t likely.

theres gonna be a lot of 1 catch, 9 yard games and eventually 4 catch games... and hopefully 8-10 catch games as the season goes on.... but it’s going to be a growing process and he’s going to show promise then disappear over and over 

Edited by jimkelly02

33 minutes ago, roi34 said:

big shout out to denzelle good holding down RT! and abram being a missile

Once we traded Sharpe I said Good would be more than able to hold down RT.... he’s a great depth player..... and can start.  Very glad we were able to keep him, really hope we resign/extend him.

34 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I watched online while at work.... and the stream would skip at times..... And I was watching the play moreso then matchups

How did Kolton Miller look?  How often did Brian Burns rush versus him?  Someone just said we had 0 sacks (I knew that but not) 0 pressures allowed.  Seems like Miller won that matchup.

Oline in general was solid. Carr had time, holes for Jacobs and Booker. Good filled in at RT and we didn’t lose a beat. 

Couple bad things 

The fake crowd noise was terrible. It’s way worse than MLB or NHL. Even the broadcasters were making fun of it at one point. Seemed way too loud even for the littlest things. 

Also did anyone else notice how Gumbel kept messing up the down and distances? He had a rough game too. 

54 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Oline in general was solid. Carr had time, holes for Jacobs and Booker. Good filled in at RT and we didn’t lose a beat. 

That’s great news that Miller didn’t have any issues with Brian Burn’s speed to the outside.  I’m really hoping he can have a massive year!  Seems like a nice start, Burns is pretty good and the type of DE Miller had some issues with in the past.

ill watch the replay in detail and look into how it went tomorrow.

2 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

He slipped and got burned.... it happens to every CB.  It’s ridiculous to look that closely into a rookies one play in their first game.  There’s going to be wins and loses for every rookie.... especially early.  He wasn’t picked on and exposed consistently, so that’s a good thing.

Charles Woodson got burned his first half of his rookie season if I recall. Then never again.  LOL