The Good, the Bad, the VICTORY vs. Panthers (Post-game talk)

RaidersAreOne

7 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Good:

• Jacobs is an a beast, scoring a TD hattrick
  • Abram was FLYING around the ball today. Nice to have his speed and tenacity
  • I loved how Ruggs played and how we were utilizing him prior to injury
  • Ferrell was quiet but made a game saving tackle on 4th and inches
  • Carlson had a good kicking game, nailing a 54 yarder too
  • I thought our RT situation was decent given the fact Brown went down so early

Bad:

• Leaving McC open on 3rd down late
  • Morrows dropped pick
  • I thought we were too conservative late on O again
  • I am not surprised the D got worse once Kwit got knocked out
  • Littleton missing the easy sack
  • Trent being hurt, AGAIN

Ugly:

• Lack of pressure throughout the game
  • Gruden's hair, or lack thereof 

He definitely looks like he has some bald spots. Stress might be getting to him. Who knows.

7 hours ago, Geezy said:

Ruggs made a huge difference prior to being banged up. His speed is gonna open up the offense. 

We scored 34 points!!! 

Booker looked good as our #2

OL played well. Run game was on point all day and Carr had time.

DC played well. That ball to Agholor was a beauty.

i think our CBs played well minus the Anderson TD.

Abram bring speed and tenacity to the back end. When he hits guys they feel it.

Carlson with the 54 yarder was clutch. 

Only play I hated was his first run. Failed to move the ball to his right hand and fumbled it out of bounds. After that he was solid.

I'll say this about the offense, having gone and rewatched:

Our run game picked up right where we left off. Great O-line play across the board and Jacobs/Booker seems like a good combo. 

The pass game was uninspiring for the most part, but I can give it a pass. This was effectively preseason game 1, and we're breaking in 2 rookies and a FA at receiver. Still, we played well enough and caught glimpses of what could be to come. Totally fine with our WR corps even without Williams. A slow start was to be expected. 

The D though....our run D is actually pretty decent. Arnette isn't ready to be a stud, but he played well enough. Mullen held his own. But Erik Harris and Nicholas Morrow are such obvious weak links. Even with good play calling (it wasn't), they're just not good. Harris had a horrible Marcus Williams moment without being in the same stratosphere as Williams in terms of making an impact. Just the definition of a JAG. Morrow isn't starting, or even immediate backup material. I hope both get replaced sooner rather than later. 

Our pass rush was absolutely putrid. Not just in them essentially having a giant egg in the stat column, I mean they're amateur. I didn't see Teddy get pressured once. I didn't see someone even get close to him. Worse, they consistently got manhandled by the Panthers O-line and got spread around the field like miracle grow when they tried to rush. With that kind of garbage, an offense like New Orleans is going to feast passing the ball and on options/draws. Time to sign someone else- Matthews, Wake, Harrison, Ansah, Suggs, Peko, someone on a practice squad, I don't care who. But bring someone in to at least put our D-line on notice that the type of "effort" we saw today won't fly.

1 minute ago, Geezy said:

Trents gonna get back right and be the most dominant RT in the league then everyone will be back on his nuts. His contract isn’t even bad after this season. He’s a game changer obviously it sucks he’s out but he’ll be back. 

No one is doubting his ability, moreso his availability. He's a top tier T when healthy but sadly that isn't the case consistently. I don't care how good of an athlete you are, if you're that big your muscles, tendons, ligaments etc are working overtime and I think that's why he's constantly nicked up. 6-8 and 380 is beastly but I'd love to see him shed some of that weight.

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

No one is doubting his ability, moreso his availability. He's a top tier T when healthy but sadly that isn't the case consistently. I don't care how good of an athlete you are, if you're that big your muscles, tendons, ligaments etc are working overtime and I think that's why he's constantly nicked up. 6-8 and 380 is beastly but I'd love to see him shed some of that weight.

Should have never rushed him back. We’re gonna need him during this upcoming stretch.

I'm sick of Gruden and this staff to be honest. Im tired of playing to not lose games instead of going to go win them. Another ultra conservative 2nd half. The defense plays like they are just hoping or waiting for offense to make a mistake instead of forcing it. Guenther has to be one of the least aggressive d coaches in league. Gruden talks about an attitude and locker room. Well you and your staff has to get it together. This crap was old last year, gonna get old real quick this year. 3 yards downfield is dreadful. Oh and redzone offense still looks like its Jacobs or bust. That roll out play to Witten was so bad. 

Edited by dante9876