The Good, the Bad, the VICTORY vs. Panthers (Post-game talk)

RaidersAreOne

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

Trents gonna get back right and be the most dominant RT in the league then everyone will be back on his nuts. His contract isn’t even bad after this season. He’s a game changer obviously it sucks he’s out but he’ll be back. 

he wasnt really that dominant last year, though he did play well against Mack. he was a good RT last year to be sure, but he wasn't elite, yet he was paid elite LT money. 

2 hours ago, Turnobili said:

he wasnt really that dominant last year, though he did play well against Mack. he was a good RT last year to be sure, but he wasn't elite, yet he was paid elite LT money. 

Gave up a sack and was very good in the run game. And in the AFCW everyone has two legit pass rushers so a RT is just as important.

12 minutes ago, raidersedge said:

Raiders can get out of a lot of contracts this off-season with no dead money and Trent Brown is one of them. Its unfortunate because he is a great player but he seems hurt alot. Also I hope the defense can figure it out man. Paul Guenther does not impress me at all.

Yeah guenther and rod had a bad showing yesterday. 

Honestly I wonder how much of that conservative play calling had to do with Ruggs ankle injury? 

Trent Brown’s unavailability is really becoming more trouble than it’s worth. He’s a fantastic player but homie needs to be in games. 

Carr played pretty well. Moving around taking deep passes and changing plays at the line. He’s going to have a good season as long as his weapons stay healthy. 

• Like 1

The Good

* Scoring 34 points and winning on the East coast

* Jacobs is superb, just all round excellence. Booker was better than expected too

* I thought the playcalling on O was good - we didn't put too much on the rookie receivers (which I think was a point of emphasis), used the backs a lot and though it was a little predictable at times especially 2nd half we will expand as the receivers gel and get more comfortable, looking promising

* Abram looked good, tackling technique excellent and plays fast, sets the tone

* Carr I thought managed the O really well, would like to see more variety in depth of target as we progress but its a good start

* Carlson made his kicks, especially the long one which was when the game was balanced

* Good settled well at RT, didnt look out if place and the OL was excellent throughout

The Bad

* Injuries to Brown and Kwiatkoski, concerned about Brown long term

* Little pressure up front, don't mind the lack of sacks so much but we must still pressure the QB at the least

* I just don't like a bend but dont break or conservative style D, with the players we have surely it would benefit us to be more aggressive? Turnovers and 3rd down % are so important

* Punting seemed only moderate and then on the last punt when we had chance to pin them real deep we give them an easy out at around the 25, good teams will make us pay for that

The Ugly

* We still have obvious holds missed on us time after time, too often to be coincidence. Every game, every season. 

2 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

He threw the ball deep and had good pocket awareness.

That was everybody's biggest complaint about him all off season long

yup I agree, I think Carr had a near perfect game as well.
But for the people who are down on Carr, I can def see them still sayin neutral. Gruden wants to be a pound the ball team and kill clock to make games shorter. Carr shouldnt be throwing 40-50 times a game, so we arent going to see massive numbers for him