The Good, the Bad, the VICTORY vs. Panthers (Post-game talk)

RaidersAreOne

for a good, very little penalties. Our O was good last year, but we couldnt overcome a penalty. Yesterday I am not sure if we had an offensive penalty, which helped keep the down and distances very manageable. 

Part of me thinks the refs werent calling much yesterday, but I really hope to see this trend for our Team

I think the defense will grow throughout the season. Hopefully Kwit is back soon. We have a bunch of new faces on that side of the ball and with this offseason it will take them a little longer to gel. We do look faster and we did a good job of tackling for week 1. I was impressed by the young CBs. If the lash rush can step up I think we can be a middle of the road defense. With our offense that means playoffs. 

• Like 3

A few things.  Jacobs is a beast, Carr played well, Ruggs looked good before he limped off the field, still zero pass rush which is pathetic, D looks horrible but Abram looks like a stud.  

I am happy we won on the road and hopefully we can build off of that but if we can't pressure Brees next week he will carve this D up like a Thanksgiving turkey.  It would not be fair to expect the O to keep up with a well balanced team like the Saints if they throw up a ton of points.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

A few things.  Jacobs is a beast, Carr played well, Ruggs looked good before he limped off the field, still zero pass rush which is pathetic, D looks horrible but Abram looks like a stud.  

I am happy we won on the road and hopefully we can build off of that but if we can't pressure Brees next week he will carve this D up like a Thanksgiving turkey.  It would not be fair to expect the O to keep up with a well balanced team like the Saints if they throw up a ton of points.  

Paul G is overrated. He got the job in Cincy after Zimmer built that defense. Bengals had all that talent on defense. Paul didn’t elevate it to one of the great defenses in the league during his time in Cincy. His blitz scheme isn’t creative and he expects the front 4 to generate pressure, which isn’t happening. The soft zones are just hurting the team in general. When QBs have time to sit back in the pocket, easy to pick the Zones apart. Maybe our scheme could work if our front 4 dominated, but they do not. 

28 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I would Pump the brakes on releasing Brown. He was a pro bowl player at a premium position last season. If he doesn't suit up, his presence would be felt vs teams with more effective defenders than the Panthers.

The best ability is availability. He has missed 11 games over the past three seasons and will likely miss a few this year too.

12 hours ago, Geezy said:

Trents gonna get back right and be the most dominant RT in the league then everyone will be back on his nuts. His contract isn’t even bad after this season. He’s a game changer obviously it sucks he’s out but he’ll be back. 

If he can stay healthy, yes. But he has missed 11 games over the past three seasons and it's pretty clearly a weight issue. 

Wow what a play by Hankins! I didn’t notice the switch.  We need to extend Hankins.... dudes a beast.  If he didn’t switch Collins would 101% have been blown back by the double team.  What awareness by Hankins! Wow!

Ferrell got the credit initially but Hankins absolutely made that play happen. For all the Collins is going to be amazing BS hyperbole.... Hankins is like a forgotten man around here.  He’s such a good run stuffer!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Geezy said:

I think the defense will grow throughout the season. Hopefully Kwit is back soon. We have a bunch of new faces on that side of the ball and with this offseason it will take them a little longer to gel. We do look faster and we did a good job of tackling for week 1. I was impressed by the young CBs. If the lash rush can step up I think we can be a middle of the road defense. With our offense that means playoffs. 

The Defense could of had 2-3 INTs They're in the right spot just couldn't catch the ball. Hopefully that changes next week.

4 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Wow what a play by Hankins! I didn’t notice the switch.  We need to extend Hankins.... dudes a beast.  If he didn’t switch Collins would 101% have been blown back by the double team.  What awareness by Hankins! Wow!

Ferrell got the credit initially but Hankins absolutely made that play happen. For all the Collins is going to be amazing BS hyperbole.... Hankins is like a forgotten man around here.  He’s such a good run stuffer!

I really like Brian Baldinger too, always picks up the little things and is quick to point out things like this. Hankins was really solid all game, great signing he us turning out to be.

11 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I really like Brian Baldinger too, always picks up the little things and is quick to point out things like this. Hankins was really solid all game, great signing he us turning out to be.

Agreed Baldy is a very good analyst. That was a great play by Hankins. 

Noticed Jeff Heath only got 3 snaps so I presume we didn’t play big nickel much ?

18 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

He’s isn’t a flashy first rounder, or big name free agent. He’s just a good starting football player. Hankins has been on most solid and dependable DLineman the last few years. Dude deserves a good 2-3 year extension, does his job well. 

25 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

He’s isn’t a flashy first rounder, or big name free agent. He’s just a good starting football player. Hankins has been on most solid and dependable DLineman the last few years. Dude deserves a good 2-3 year extension, does his job well. 

Yeah we should lock him up for 3 years at 7M’ish per imo