BDL 2020 Week 1 - Hungary Hippos @ Berlin Blitzkrieg

rackcs

Hungary Hippos @ Berlin Blitzkrieg  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Hungary Hippos
    • Berlin Blitzkrieg

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/17/2020 at 04:01 AM

BDL 2020 Week 1

Match:  Hungary Hippos @ Berlin Blitzkrieg

Away Owner: @PR

Home Owner: @Ragnarok

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good luck to you both

Hungary Hippos

QB - Dak Prescott
RB - Raheem Mostert
WR - TY Hilton
WR - DK Metcalf
WR - Darius Slayton
TE - Greg Olsen
LT - Eric Fisher
LG - Ali Marpet
C - Graham Glasgow
RG - Joe Dahl
RT - Donovan Smith

RB - Leonard Fournette
RB - Ito Smith
WR - Larry Fitzgerald
WR - Andy Isabella
TE - TJ Hockenson
TE - Jordan Reed
TE - Devin Asiasi
OL - Daniel Brunskill

DE - Brandon Graham
DT - Johnathan Allen
DT - Kawaan Short
DE - Everyone Griffen
LB - Raekwon McMillan
LB - Josh Bynes
CB - Cameron Heyward Jr.
CB - Shaquille Griffen
NCB - Emmanuel Moseley
FS - Harrison Smith
SS - Chuck Clark

DE - Mario Addison
DT - Nick Williams
DT - Danny Shelton
LB - Logan Wilson
LB - Dre Greelaw
CB - Logan Ryan
CB - Armani Oruwariye
S - Buddah Baker

Berlin Blitzkrieg

Berlin Blitzkrieg
QB - Aaron Rodgers
RB - Aaron Jones
WR - Odell Beckham Jr
WR - Marquise Brown
WR - Christian Kirk
TE - Hunter Henry
LT - Kolton Miller
LG - Solomon Kindley
C - Corey Linsley
RG - Alex Cappa
RT - Taylor Moton

RB - Tevin Coleman
RB - Justin Jackson
TE - Irv Smith
TE - Jordan Akins
WR - Brandon Aiyuk
WR - MVS
OL - Tristan Wirfs
OL - Alex Lewis

DE - Za’Darius Smith
DT - Sheldon Rankins
DT - Quinnen Williams
DE - DeMarcus Lawrence
LB - Tremaine Edmunds
LB - Rashaan Evans
CB - Rock Ya-Sin
CB - Pierre Desir
NB - Byron Murphy
S - Antoine Winfield Jr
S - Juan Thornhill

DE - Markus Golden
DE - Yetur Gross-Matos
DT - Derrick Brown
DT - Taven Bryan
LB - Blake Cashman
LB - Ja’whaun Bentley
CB - Jeff Gladney
CB/S - Lamarcus Joyner

Hungary Hippos

Offense:
We have upgraded the offense this season by bringing in a new face to lead the team in Dak. An accurate and mobile passer to help kick start a much maligned unit last year.

This year Hungary will be using the Air Coryell offensive scheme. This puts receivers as well as tight ends and running backs in motion in order for Dak to diagnose Man or Zone schemes and to catch a man out of position.

There are no set formations as receivers can align anywhere any given play. With having three speed oriented receivers in Hilton, Metcalf and Slayton on the starting unit it allows any one of the trio to go deep against a secondary that struggled in that area last season.

The passing offense routes will be medium and deep routes for the majority of the game. The receivers and Tight end will stretch the field every play to make Berlin's defense stretch thin. By throwing to a spot where a receiver goes and gets the ball instead of throwing directly at the receiver it allows the receiver to snag the ball and run up field for more yardage. Two of the three receivers will be running a deep in, skinny post, comeback, speed out or shallow cross on every play. There will be some 4 and 5 wide schemes where we will utilize Fitzgerald and Isabella in the same facet. In 2-TE formations Olsen/Hockenson/Reed will also be used in this way targeting the midrange. We will also be utilizing Mostert/Fournette in the midrange passing game.

To balance the offense we will be using a strong inside running game. With the field spread  because of the WRs and TE it allows for a lot of open space after either back breaks through the line.

Additionally, Dak's mobility allows him to escape many pass rush situations, if he feels the heat even with a strong offensive line he will be free to scramble on any given play.

Defense:
Berlin has a pretty balanced offense with having a quality passing game with Rodgers and OBJ. Brown and Kirk are also up and coming receiving threats though lack of consistency has always been what makes them stand apart from the OBJs of the world. As Berlin has the potential to go from 80/20 passing to  20/80 rushing the best defense starts at the dline. This year I have brought in a couple new faces to the line in Everyone Griffen and Kawaan Short to help push the pass rush to the next level along with returning defensive lineman Jonathan Allen, Brandon Graham and rotational Nick Williams and Mario Addison. We look to crack Berlin's pocket to put pressure on the aged Rodgers and stymie the inside rushing game. There will be an intermittent fifth blitzer as well either from the nickel, lb or safety.

To help track these receivers, we aim to neutralize OBJ out the gate by sandwiching him with Heyward Jr. And Harrison Smith every play. Which will leave Griffen on Kirk and Mosley on Brown. In four wide situations, we will go to a three safety look and bring Baker on to couple four wide and on five wide we will check into a 4 dline, four corner three safety look and bring in Logan Ryan.

Clark will have free reign to move around the defense to defend the pass whether it is to lock onto the TE, RB, or play deep man. McMillan will follow the RB and Bynes will guard the throw over the middle. In two TE sets Clark and McMillan will guard the TEs while Greenlaw comes on to guard the RB.

With having a 4-2-5 alignment, it does leave it open that if Jones gets past the line it will give him some yardage. One of the best assets to my defense is that the LBs and safeties can absolutely fly so hopefully we are able to pile onto Jones before too many yards are gained. On obvious rushing downs Addison will not see the field.

By putting pressure on Rodgers up the middle and playing it straight with the secondary save the double team on OBJ we hope to defend against the deep to mid game.

Berlin Blitzkrieg

Offense
3 WR - Hungary has three very good safeties and some good CBs.  We want to attack them in the middle where we think their LBs will fall short.  Expect us to use this formation 50% of the time.

Run Game - We will run Aaron Jones about 50% of the time out of this formation.  We will run him inside and out to make sure Hungary has nothing to key off of.  We will use 6-7 draws and screens from this formation to stress their defense even more and to give Jones the space he needs.

Pass Game - OBJ will be in the slot.  Hungary is likely to put Budda in the slot and we will target OBJ regardless.  If Budda isn’t in the slot, we will target OBJ even more.  OBJ will run every route possible and putting him in the slot allows him to break inside or out.

Hunter will also get close to 10 targets, especially in the red zone.  We don’t think any of the Hungary LBs can match up with him one-on-one.

Hollywood and Kirk will both have tough matchups outside.  However, if either gets coverage without safety help, we will throw it up and let them go get the ball.  Both have great deep ball skills and we will take a chance on them making a big play.   

That said, we will also use both outside WRs on quick slants, end arounds, dig routes, curls, jet sweeps, WR screens, and anything else that allows us to get the ball into their hands quickly and give us a few easy yards.

We are going to make use of Rodger’s athleticism and use a fair number of rollouts and bootlegs so that he can either complete an easy pass or run for some cheap yards.

Rodgers will be also have free rein to play backyard ball and just let our WRs run around until they get open.

2 TE - We will incorporate Irv Smith on 40% of the snaps in place of Kirk.  OBJ and Hollywood will be outside and both will run any route in the route tree.  We are typically going to keep the WRs on separate sides of the formation and let them push deep to see how Hungary uses their safeties.  If they have one safety in the deep middle, we will throw it up to one of our WRs.  If they have two deep safeties, we will attack underneath or run the ball.

We want to use this formation to get an additional linebacker on the field.  We feel that linebacker is the weakness of this defense, so we want to force them to put three LBs on the field.  We will move Henry, Irv, and Jones around to dictate coverage and force their linebackers to cover.

We will run the ball around half the time from this formation as we trust in our TEs ability to block against their LBs, especially if they have both safeties back to defend against the deep ball.

Look for us to move Irv or Hunter around the formation to get beneficial matchups especially in the run game.

5% - The final 5% of our offense will be a mix of 4 WR sets with Aiyuk/MVS working from the slot and 3 TE set with Akins serving as a red zone threat.  4 WR sets will be used in hurry up situations and 3 TE sets will be used in very close red zone situations.

Defense
DL - We are going to let our defensive line do what they do best and attack.  We think we are talented enough up front to put consistent pressure on the QB, especially from the edge.  We will rotate in our depth players as necessary.

LB - Rashaan and Tremaine will take the RB and TE in man coverage, depending on where they line up.  We think both our LBs are more than capable of handling this task.  If they go with a 2 TE or 2 RB look, Bentley will come play MLB and have the RB in man coverage.  Against the run, we trust our LBs to take care of business.

DB - Our safeties will switch between 2-Deep and Single deep with the other safety playing middle zone.  We will alternate who plays middle zone and deep zone so there is no indication as to our coverage.  Hungary has some very good deep ball WRs, so we will play plenty of Cover 2 to remove the chance of the deep ball.

Rock will play RCB, Pierre will play LCB, and Byron will play the slot.  We will mix up man coverage and zone to keep Dak guessing.  By playing sides, we won’t tip our coverage one way or the other and Golladay being out this week helps us in that regard.

22 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

Did it autocorrect Casey Hayward into Cameron Heyward Jr.?

The Casey to Cameron yes. Hayward was my own **** up lol Jr. Is actually part of his name

Edited by PR

This is a really good one, I think they both have solid rosters with some yet to be proven/recognized talent on the cusp of being "good," rather than called "trash" or "meh."  I can see both making playoffs with the ample depth.  As far as this game, you can tell from the writeups you've played each other before.  A lot.  Both game planned and countered well for each other.  Giving it to Berlin, think ARod gets it done here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

I figured you weren't going to play a 290lb lineman who's not on your team at CB.

I mean Calais Campbell caught an interception this week by dropping into coverage... Weirder things have happened.

Edited by PR

20 minutes ago, pheltzbahr said:

This is a really good one, I think they both have solid rosters with some yet to be proven/recognized talent on the cusp of being "good," rather than called "trash" or "meh."  I can see both making playoffs with the ample depth.  As far as this game, you can tell from the writeups you've played each other before.  A lot.  Both game planned and countered well for each other.  Giving it to Berlin, think ARod gets it done here.

Amen to this point.

Berlin's offensive line is not good for BDL standards but I'm not entirely sure Hungary has the front 7 to really take advantage of it. Berlins skill position players are solid though and I think Rodgers can definitely get points on the board with them even against a defensive backfield of Hungary's caliber which is quite solid.

On the other side of the ball, that Berlin secondary is't great and I definitely think Hungary's WRs can get some wins. Berlin's front is much stronger and does a job at getting some pressure on Dak and meddling with Hungary's run game.

Ultimately a tough and well gameplanned match - flip of a coin and I think I've gotta stick with the home team off the back of a magical Rodgers performance. 

51 minutes ago, WFLukic said:

Berlin's offensive line is not good for BDL standards but I'm not entirely sure Hungary has the front 7 to really take advantage of it. Berlins skill position players are solid though and I think Rodgers can definitely get points on the board with them even against a defensive backfield of Hungary's caliber which is quite solid.

On the other side of the ball, that Berlin secondary is't great and I definitely think Hungary's WRs can get some wins. Berlin's front is much stronger and does a job at getting some pressure on Dak and meddling with Hungary's run game.

Ultimately a tough and well gameplanned match - flip of a coin and I think I've gotta stick with the home team off the back of a magical Rodgers performance. 

Linsley and Moton are both great players.  Kolton and Cappa are third year guys who looked very good Sunday(Kolton in particular looked great albeit against Carolina) after being a lot better than people gave them credit for last year.  And Kindley had a very nice debut for Miami.  

Obviously we need to see consistency out of Kolton, Cappa, and Kindley, but at least for this week, they were definitely good for BDL standards.