Cannibal Lolocaust Mafia-Town Victory!

Daniel

200.gif

The cast and crew landed on the snowy peaks of the Sierra Nevada mountains, unloaded their stuff, and began to shoot the comedy masterpiece of their era: Cannibal Lolocaust.  The long-awaited (by someone, probably) sequel to the Italian horror classic may have some budget issues, and writing issues.   Production issues, continuity issues.   Basic comprehensibility issues, but still, it’s gonna be great.

“I can practically see that Best Director Oscar right now,” said Daniel, as he walked to the highest, most precariously placed summit in the area to address his crew: a ragtag group of nobodies, small timers, failures, dropouts, has beens, never wases, dummies, moose lovers….

“Get on with it!”

Daniel made a rousing speech, warning the cast and crew of the difficulty of shooting without food or shelter for the next few days, but assuring them that it would all be worth it to create the realism needed for a lasting piece of true art.  Boy was that speech rousing.  They didn’t even care that gritty realism and method acting was strangely out of place in a…ahem… “parody.”  The speech was too rousing for them to care about that though.  It was so rousing, that I can’t even remember it.  That’s how rousing it was.

With the cast and crew all roused, Daniel sagely reminded them that starvation would NOT be an issue.  He walked over to the crate of MREs that was ready to crack open just as soon as they finished shooting.

“I mean, look at the size of this thing,” he said, lifting it up.  “There’s so much food in it that it weighs more than I can hold for any significant length of time.  Somebody give me the walkie talkies, firestarters, and satellite phones, so that I can also hold them up to show everyone all the reasons we don’t need to worry.”

“Don’t forget the flare gun!” said Counselor, fully roused.

“Of course!  Pile the flare gun on there too.”

Suddenly, shockingly, and unpredictably, the flare gun was the gun that broke the Daniel’s back.  Literally.  He was lifting with his back the whole time.  Horrible technique.

“Oh!  My back!” he said calmly, as his flapping body fell backwards off the mountains, food and everything else in tow.

Daniel is dead.  He was Dead Meat Director,
Crew Aligned.

“Well, what are we gonna do now?”

“Don’t worry, everyone,” said Counselor.  “I’m a trained pilot, I can just pilot on down and get us some help in this helicopter that someone left behind.”  He crawled into the seat, took off, and promptly crashed.  As he fell to his death, he called out “I thought helicopter and steam boat piloting would be functionally the saaaaaaaaaaaaame” (it was a long fall with excellent acoustics).

Counselor is dead.  He was Pork Barrell Producer,
Crew Aligned.

“OK, so now what?”

PLEASE READ ALL RULES CAREFULLY. THESE RULES ARE SPECIFIC TO THIS GAME AND ARE NOT JUST A COPY/PASTE OF RULES FROM PAST GAMES (mostly)
General

1. All rules will be applied through the “Don’t be a ****” standard.  They will be applied uniformly and strictly, unless there is a valid reason not to.  I will try to accommodate people, and we all have lives, but don’t abuse it.
2. You may not discuss the game outside of the game thread, unless otherwise stated in your PM. This includes the Mafia Discussion Thread and other Mafia Game threads.
3. Roleclaiming and/or character claiming is fine, but you might regret it.  You may not post your role PMs.
4. No deleting posts.  Posts may be edited to correct errors, but you cannot add or remove game related information.
5. Do not read the who’s online list.
6. I have a job (barely), a wife, and six needy pets.  I can’t be online at the end of every dayphase or nightphase. If these end during regular work hours, I’m probably not gonna be able to get PMs out for some time. I’ll try to prevent this as much as possible, but be aware that there will probably be some waits. I’ll try to warn you all ahead of time if I will be away for an extended period of time.
8. No dead posting, except for goodbye posts.  You may not reveal any game information after death, and you may not discuss the game in any chatrooms.
9. You must PM me the links to all scumchats, mason chats, or any other allowed chatrooms you create. If your role PM doesn’t mention it, don’t make one.  If you’re using Discord, be prepared to just PM me.
10. Do not reveal information you receive in night PMs before the write up. If you do, you will be modkilled without exception. Feel free to talk about who you’ve targeted, but you may regret it…
11. I reserve the right to modkill or replace anyone for any reason I feel is appropriate.  Don’t be mean to other players, don’t threaten to kill yourself, and just don’t do stupid stuff in general and it won’t be a problem for you.  I don’t want to modkill anyone.

Day Phase
12. To vote, post “LYNCH BLANK” in bold. If you would like to change your vote, you may either vote for someone else, or unvote.  It must be all caps.  (ex. UNVOTE Daniel)  You don’t have to post their user name exactly, so long as it’s clear.
13. For every day phase, there is a minimum post requirement of five posts, unless a PM says otherwise. If you do not satisfy this requirement, then you will be roleblocked for the night. This is to prevent lurking inactives; if you will be out of town or have something important come up, PM me ahead of time and I will suspend the rule for you. If this is a problem more than once, the rule will still apply.
14. Days will last 24 hours or until a majority is reached. This rule will be suspended for Day 1.
15. Lynches will occur when a player receives the majority of the votes.  If no player receives a majority, the person with the most votes will be lynched.  A modkill may or may not end a day phase, depending on the situation.  Ties will result in extra time.  If there is still a tie, RNG determines what happens.
16. No no lynches. This rule is suspended for Day 1.
17. If the lynched person is unlynchable for any reason, then the Day period continues, but with a 12 hour addition.
18. Do not hesitate to ask me to provide an updated vote count. Any vote counts posted by someone other than me are unofficial, but are appreciated.

Night Phase
19. A night phase will end once all PM’s are received, or 4 hours after the end of a day phase, whichever occurs first. I will post in the game thread that the night phase has ended, after which no night PM’s will be accepted.  You may send Night PMs early.
20. Actions that take place during the night are determined in the order in which they are received.
21. If you fail to send in night PM’s more than twice, I will no longer wait for your PM, meaning a night phase could end early with or without you. I’ll give you a heads-up if I this happens to you.  Exceptions will be made if there is a good excuse.
22. If you have a night ability and don’t want to use it, send a PM stating so. The above rule regarding missed night PM’s applies to X-shot abilities as well as every night abilities. However, if you have used all of your abilities, have no night activities for any other reason, you won’t need to send a PM.
23. You may send night PMs early if you will be away during the phase.  However, if you wish to change it, you must do so before the end of the night phase.
24. Periods where I am AFK count as extended phases.  You may continue to play as if the phase were longer, but you will be risking a sudden end when I get back.

Day 1: The Lolocaust Begins
Day 1: MLO gets in over his head
Night 1: Forge gets fried
Day 2: squire gets too much off the top
Night 2: Swag gets canned
Day 3: Pickle gets gored
Night 3: Daboyle faces the music
Day 4: Matts is put down
Night 4: Nacho and Josh fall prey
Day 5: Orca's number is up
Night 5: MWil gets roasted
Day 6: bbb goes out with one last lol

Player List:

00a. Daniel
00b. Counselor
01. MWil: Pete N. Potatoes, No Frills, Crew Aligned
02. Pickle Rick: Hannibal, The Cannibal, Cannibals Aligned
03. Joshstradaymus: Simon Fowl, Judgey, Crew Aligned
04. The Orca: Micky Pork, Meathead, Cannibals Aligned
05. Squire: Sweeny Todd, Demon Barber, Cannibals Aligned
06. bcb: Tom Turkey, Poultry Pal, Cast Aligned
07. bigbadbuff: Pete A., Vegetarian, Cannibals Aligned
08. Malfatron: Egg-han Markle, Good Egg, Cast Aligned
09. Matts: Col. Ives, Ravenous, Cannibals Aligned
10. Nazgul: Beef Supreme, Rehabilitationer, Indiocracy Aligned
11. Daboyle: Steak Shelton, If I'm Honest, Cast Aligned
12. The Killer Nacho: Duck Tracy, Gumshoe, Crew Aligned
13. Swag: Ham I Am, Was a Ham, Cast Aligned
14. Forge: Slim Chickens, Poultry Pal, Crew Aligned
15. MLO: Cow Jones, The Burger-ler, Crew Aligned

Edited by Daniel

Pickle Rick: Hannibal, the Cannibal, Cannibal Aligned: You know that those MREs are unrecoverable, and that you’re all going to die unless you start eating each other.  You and some like minded individuals decide that hey, no reason you should starve.  You have one factional kill that you can assign to anyone in your faction per night.  You also have a doublevote that you can use or not use at your discretion.

PR had a solid game.  I wrote him off for not using the doublevote before Swag told me he'd been the scum doublevote a lot of times before, which now makes me see why he was so hesitant to use it.  I still think it would have been an easier town claim than the investigator card he tried to pull, especially since the fakeclaim was crafted with that in mind.  Also, recruiting his twin was a pretty predictable move.  Otherwise, I can't hate.

Col. Ives, Ravenous, Cannibals Aligned: You agree with your intelligent leader, but hey, you were gonna eat these people anyway, you Wendigo psycho.  But hey, human flesh is delicious.  And these people smell so good.  You have one factional kill that you can assign to anyone in your faction per night.  You also have a tracking ability that you can use every night.

Matts, well, Matts has played better.  He was afk a lot, which limited how effective he could be from the get go, and isn't really his fault, but the roleclaim was needless, and immediately got him caught by several players.  It earns him ScumLVP.

Squire: Sweeney Todd, Demon Barber, Cannibals Aligned:  I haven’t seen your musical, so your backstory is a little sparse.  But you like making pies out of people, I’m pretty sure.  And wouldn’t you know it, there are people all around.  You have one factional kill that you can assign to anyone in your faction per night.  You also have a roleblock that you can use every night.

squire got got right out of the gate, unfortunately.  Nacho didn't share what made him suspicious of squire, but it got him investigated immediately and subsequently lynched.  He fought it off for a pretty good time, considering, and he was the fastest to figure out the hidden game mechanics that favored the cannibals.

Orca: Micky Pork, Meathead, Crew Aligned: You’re the big man on campus.  Literally.  Well, not literally, because you’re not on a campus and you didn’t go to college, but the other thing.  Figureally.  Anyway, you were hired as…hired muscle, so you’ll be damned if anyone’s getting cannibaled on your watch!  Every night, you can pick one person to protect.

While guarding yourself, hungrily, you hear someone approach.  The two of you talk for a while in the dark, and you find he makes some good points.
You are now Cannibal Aligned.

Orca got a lot of suspicion early on, but at least half of it was while he was still town, which isn't his fault.  Otherwise, the main fault he had was not doing the best job faking his protections.  He could have claimed that he protected Nacho on any night he didn't die, and just self protected that one night, and the town would have moved on to others, maybe even Naz.  It might have even secured scum a win.  Still, he managed to avoid suspicion for most of the game.

bbb: Pete A., The Vegetarian, Poor Helpless Animals Aligned: You’re a vegetarian, not because it’s healthy, or good for the environment, or even for animal cruelty reasons.  You’re just an attention seeker, really.  And without your special vegetarian MREs, how will they all know how special you are?  You can kill one horrible, no good, meat eating meanie every night.

Deciding that survival is more important, and that these horrible, awful, animal abusers all deserve to die anyway, you are now Cannibal Aligned.

Your new WC is to eat all the cast and crew.  You know, for survival.

bbb completely missed most of day 1, and didn't even send in a PM.  I assumed he was going to be a severe handicap to the balance of the game, but after that, he came through, killing Swag and daboyle, and nearly going after Malf, all powerful roles who aren't the investigator, and therefore good targets for an SK.  But the real magic was after his recruitment.  He backed off of pushing one of the Cannibals immediately, redirected it to someone else, and managed to distance from the group in thread without hurting them, all after being outted by Nacho's investigation.  I thought he might convince Malf to lynch Naz for a minute at the end, which would have been ludicrous.  ScuMVP.

Nazgul: Beef Supreme, Rehabilitationer, Indiocracy Aligned: DILDOZER!!!  DILDOZER!!!!!!!!  Just because it’s too big to fit in your tent doesn’t mean you have a small penis.  But if someone comes to your tent, you’ll show them just how HUGE it is!  Anyone that visits you at night gets dildozed.

WC: DILDOZE SOMEBODY!!!

Naz was an Indy PGO and bomb combo who's WC was to lure someone to his tent to get dildozed.  He missed a chance on Matts because Malf motivated him, and missed another for not making the post count.  However, at the end, he finally became active, and helped push the remaining townies into finally lynching the last scum killer, and did so effectively, realizing it was better to admit that he was Indy t prove he was telling the truth.

Forge: Tom Turkey, Poultry Pal, Cast Aligned: You are hungry, and demoralized, but hey, them’s the brakes.  What’s the worst that can happen, people start eating each other?  Ha!  Not likely.  You may PM one person outside of your mason group one time throughout the game, and together with your partner, Slim Chickens, you can shoot a flare that will display one message for the cast and crew to see.

Forge died early, so there isn't much to say about his game.  I know he was struggling to figure out how to play under Forge rules while also a mason.

bcb: Slim Chickens, Poultry Pal, Crew Aligned: You are hungry, and demoralized, but hey, that’s how the cookie crumbles.  What’s the worst that can happen, people start eating each other?  Ha!  Not likely. You may PM one person outside of your mason group one time throughout the game, and together with your partner, Slim Chickens, you can shoot a flare that will display one message for the cast and crew to see.

bcb kinda gave up on the game after Forge died.  They had an interesting ability, I thought, but admittedly, it didn't do much if one of them was dead soon.  bcb used his message to ask MWil to send nudes, and the pooper post.  Too bad he was rendered vanilla early.

Mission: Cow Jones, The Burger-ler, Crew Aligned: You’re a self-made man, who pulled himself up by his own bootstraps to prosperity.  Yessir, you took that meagre $100,000 interest free loan from your parents and built your own business in hedge fund management for seniors.  Did you get sued a few times?  Sure, but who doesn’t.  They shouldn’t have agreed to your exorbitant commissions if they didn’t want to lose money.  Every night, you can pilfer…I mean, explore, someone else’s tent, and maybe you can find useful items.  For the group, of course.

I don't think he ever showed up to post.  TownLVP.

Swag: Ham I Am, Is a Ham, Cast Aligned: I’ll use small words: YOU DUMB.  WORDS HARD.  YOU DO THING I SAY, YOU GET STUFF.  YOU UNDERSTAND GOOD?

Today, you must make a meat pun in every post. (Day two was a quote from A Modest Proposal)

Swag also died early, but used his protection the way a protector is supposed to, and covered Nacho.  Swag is always good, so it would have been funny to see him argue that soy is better than real meat for a watch, then later a kill and and investigation, but he just didn't last that long.

Daboyle: Steak Shelton, If I’m Honest, Cast Aligned: A poor Texas country sanger trying to make it big in the pictures, your luck has run out in these here mountains, it seems.  Lucky for you, as a veteran of two two faced entertainment industries, you can spot a bad egg from a mile.  Each night, you may quote one person and determine if what they said was true or not.

Daboyle missed his first night, which might have been a difference maker early on.  After that, he just checked townies saying they were town, so his scum radar could have been better.  But, at least he used his ability the best way.  Outting himself made the scum hit him instead of Nacho, which is what brought out bbb, so that might have actually saved the town.

TheKillerNacho: Duck Tracy, Gumshoe, Crew Aligned:Yeah, this is a crime scene, see?  Some cannibals on the loose, see?  But you’re the hard boiled Private I. to track em down, see?  Every night, you can shlep on down to someone’s tent to investigate them, see?  Find out what they’re hiding, see?

Nacho would be an easy MVP, but.  Nacho's investigations targets in his PMs were squire, Pickle, bbb, and Orca.  He was like 100% on.  But unfortunately, he miffed on a lot of other stuff.  He missed that he was motivated (even though it was in his PM), missed that BBB was a killer, which should have been obvious, and didn't reveal his suspicions in thread, so when he was gone, the town didn't have whatever thread based info he had to share.  Still, he's co-TownVP

Joshstradaymus: Simon Fowl, Judgey, Crew Aligned:  Mmmhmm.  This whole tent structure just will not do.  I think I’m just seeing a lack of vision, on your part.  It’s just a tad, passe, eating people for survival, isn’t it?  A little played out?  Every night you choose someone to get their big chance to impress you, but with you watching, things will be brutal.  Can you get a better write up?  That's a no from me, dog.

Josh, ironically enough, only targeted scum with his action before he was killed.  Unfortunately, when you're the watcher, that doesn't get you much.  He made the right call the night of Nacho's death, but unfortunately died himself before he could out anyone.

MWil: Pete N. Potatoes, No Frills, Cast Aligned: You’re a pretty average guy.  You like puppies, long walks on the beach, and cliched lists of interests.  Yep.  Nothing out of the ordinary about you, not at all.  Nope.

MWil I think had the least flawed town game, and missed on Co-MVP honors by just a hair when I went back and reviewed.  He began as the universal backup, and got MLO's ability when he died.  He was one of the first to call out Matts' slipup, and generally stayed on the scum votes for most of the game.  He also used his ability well, self-protecting once and saving his own skin in the process.  He wisely kept his mouth shut about Orca's ability until the end of the game, and only missed saving himself from death again at the end by not understanding how his ability worked, thinking he stole the ability rather than borrowed it.

Malfatron: Egg-han Markle, Good Egg, Cast Aligned: Hey girl.  I mean, uh, hello.  Wow, that smile of yours really gets me roused, and motivates me to give you your role PM even better.  You can choose one target per night and motivate them by flashing those beautiful, big, round…I mean, uh, those pearly whites.  That’s what I was thinking of.

I originally was going to give the Co-TownVP to MWil, because of how irritated I got at Malf for voting then unvoting the same person like 20 times a day, and for him almost believing bbb's ridiculous claims.  He also motivated Matts, which saved him from getting hit by Naz's PGO.  Malf had one of the most powerful abilities in the game, as he was a motivator that got to "go first" in night PMs.  Still, when I went back through the thread, he locked up the award in the last few phases for finally seeing the flavor of the kills pointing at Orca and BBB.  He still almost miffed on BBB, but without him, it's likely Orca could have gotten away long enough to ****** a scum victory.

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Daniel said:

1. All rules will be applied through the “Don’t be a ****” standard.  They will be applied uniformly and strictly, unless there is a valid reason not to.  I will try to accommodate people, and we all have lives, but don’t abuse it.

Ahhh! @Blue @Forge he's basically been converted to one of us! :)

Also, Daniel, I'm in.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

4. No deleting or editing posts

People are used to being allowed to edit posts within x amount of time to fix corrections (no editing of posts with votes in them though)

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

Phase
12. To vote, post “LYNCH BLANK” in bold. If you would like to change your vote, you must first unvote in order for your vote to count.  It must be all caps.  (ex. UNVOTE Daniel)  You don’t have to post their user name exactly, so long as it’s clear.

Never seen this before, so im sure almost no one will follow it and their first vote is the one that counts.  People are just used to bolding someone's name to vote and to change it. Just bold another person name. 

The big one being the editing, mostly bc mods have the ability to edit with it beind seen and they are not very updatanding people 🤣:ph34r:.  I could go either way on the voting, it could be a new added wrinkle.  

Edited by Pickle Rick

2 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

People are used to being allowed to edit posts within x amount of time to fix corrections (no editing of posts with votes in them though)

Never seen this before, so im sure almost no one will follow it and their first vote is the one that counts.  People are just used to bolding someone's name to vote and to change it. Just bold another person name. 

The big one being the editing, mostly bc mods have the ability to edit with it beind seen and they are not very updatanding people 🤣:ph34r:.  I could go either way on the voting, it could be a new added wrinkle.  

I copied most of these from a very old template.  I didn't even realize I had the unvoting to vote thing was in there.  Changed now.

I'm fine with changing the editing thing too, that's not a big deal.