BDL 2020 Week 1 - Sacramento Sasquatch @ Antarctica Katabatic Beasts

rackcs

Sacramento Sasquatch @ Antarctica Katabatic Beasts  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins?

• Sacramento Sasquatch
    • Antarctica Katabatic Beasts

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/17/2020 at 04:01 AM

1 minute ago, Pickle Rick said:

You know 1 of those guys is Fluker right? 🤣

Ravens have a top tier OT tandem and and their LG and C are pretty decent too.  But last year they had Yanda who is a future HOFer.  Fluker has been awful his entire career.  He is certainly a very poor replacement for Yanda.  One bad offensive lineman does not make the whole OL bad.  You can scheme around that.  You can't scheme around 3 or 4 bad OL.

• Like 2

Just now, Counselor said:

Fluker played 24 plays and is a backup. So no his starting line doesn’t even consist of Fluker. I have to click ignore snap minimum to find him on PFF ranked at 64 out of 65 Tackles for his grade. That horrible of a grade on just 24 snaps. But people see the name Lamar and Barkley and give one sentence not even explaining why they voted that way. You won this game so no need to spread a false narrative. 

Technically he was listed as the starting G on the official depth chart all the way through the start of the game. 

Just now, Ragnarok said:

Ravens have a top tier OT tandem and and their LG and C are pretty decent too.  But last year they had Yanda who is a future HOFer.  Fluker has been awful his entire career.  He is certainly a very poor replacement for Yanda.  One bad offensive lineman does not make the whole OL bad.  You can scheme around that.  You can't scheme around 3 or 4 bad OL.

He’s not even a starter for them anyway!

1 minute ago, Pickle Rick said:

Technically he was listed as the starting G on the official depth chart all the way through the start of the game. 

Go talk to Ravens fans he is a back up swing T and got beat out of the job by a rookie for guard. You can say what someone is supposed to be or is listed at but the reality is what I said. He is a backup and came in because of injury and played awful. I watched the game to watch Dobbins. I saw every snap.

Just now, Counselor said:

He’s not even a starter for them anyway!

My point is that even if what you are saying is true, if AKB had 4 other good OL, then it wouldn't be as big a deal.  But they don't.  Kelly is very good, Bulaga is still kinda functional, but Robinson, Elflein, and Fluker are not quality starters imo.

• Like 1

Just now, Ragnarok said:

My point is that even if what you are saying is true, if AKB had 4 other good OL, then it wouldn't be as big a deal.  But they don't.  Kelly is very good, Bulaga is still kinda functional, but Robinson, Elflein, and Fluker are not quality starters imo.

Exactly and I pointed this out in my gameplan. The gm who requested my fifth round pick in a trade specifically instead of Camden’s voted for them without any explanation of why. One sentence. Some of this voting is getting ridiculous. BCB, Jlash, Pheltz gave reasonings. I don’t agree with all of it but I can respect it. EPC needs to post some reasonings too in all his games but he is new so hopefully next week.

4 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Hmm. 

A top 20 ish T 

A top 4 C

So 2/5 of my line is pretty damn good.  The rest are opinions bc Cam Robinson is pretty good imo.  

Just now, Pickle Rick said:

Hmm. 

A top 20 ish T 

A top 4 C

So 2/5 of my line is pretty damn good.  The rest are opinions bc Cam Robinson is pretty good imo.  

I'd put Kelly top 8, maybe top 4.  I think there are a number of very good centers right now, so that's nothing against him.

Bulaga isn't a top 20 overall tackle anymore.  Top 20 RT?  Sure.  But that's not good in a 16 team league.

I disagree on Cam Robinson, but maybe he proves me wrong over the course of this season.

We agree on your guards.

• Like 2

I think Antarctica has some real flaws but they have firepower not many teams can match. Lamar and his weapons I think are the difference maker. He ended last year playing at a high level and should be able to get his weapons involved and take advantage of the LB linebacker core with his dual threat ability.

2 minutes ago, MD4L said:

I think Antarctica has some real flaws but they have firepower not many teams can match. Lamar and his weapons I think are the difference maker. He ended last year playing at a high level and should be able to get his weapons involved and take advantage of the LB linebacker core with his dual threat ability.

But can they really run successfully behind that Oline?

6 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

But can they really run successfully behind that Oline?

Saquon might not find much room but Lamar Jackson has mostly scripted runs to the outside. He nullifies an elite interior run defense because the pressure falls on the edge and speed of the second level.

3 minutes ago, MD4L said:

Saquon might not find much room but Lamar Jackson has mostly scripted runs to the outside. He nullifies an elite interior run defense because the pressure falls on the edge and speed of the second level.

I have two of the best run stopping ends in the league.