brownie man

What do you want to do with Odell   

41 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• Keep him
    • Trade him
    • Cut him

3 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

My biggest issue with OBJ isn’t even his performance, it’s how he seemingly impacts Baker and the offense.

It seems rather apparent to me he’s constantly complaining/chirping in someone/everyone’s ear for the ball and Baker (if not the OC as well) start forcing him the ball to keep him happy.  

It happened all last year and it happened again yesterday.

If he’s going to have that kind of impact, trading him now would be addition by subtraction.

If the Colts would send us Malik Hooker + Anthony Walker and a 3rd, I'd be thinking about it.....

4 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Every chance he gets he's in Los Angeles. Must be some strings that can be pulled. He's such a drag on you guys

Problem is neither LA team needs him. Maybe the Raiders? Packers would be a awesome fit as well but GB doesnt seem like the place he would like to go. The Texans would also need him but after Hopkins I doubt they would want to pay OBJ

Edited by AkronsWitness

Yeah, I would move him if we could get value but I don't think that's possible right now, so I'd hope he rebuilds value in the next few weeks.

I have nothing against the guy personally, but I think it's clear at this point that PART of Baker's issue is feeling pressure to get the ball to OBJ. Baker is at his best when he's operating within the flow of the offense and hitting 7-9 different receivers within the flow of the game. He's the nightmare fantasy QB because when he's good none of his receivers will be getting consistent huge performances. OBJ hurts that because of his sense of entitlement regarding how many targets he should get.

I legitimately think it's possible that Baker does better in an offense where he is spreading the ball out a ton to Njoku/Hooper/Landry/Higgins/RBs rather than one where he is trying to force the ball to OBJ.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, FGK said:

Yeah, I would move him if we could get value but I don't think that's possible right now, so I'd hope he rebuilds value in the next few weeks.

I have nothing against the guy personally, but I think it's clear at this point that PART of Baker's issue is feeling pressure to get the ball to OBJ. Baker is at his best when he's operating within the flow of the offense and hitting 7-9 different receivers within the flow of the game. He's the nightmare fantasy QB because when he's good none of his receivers will be getting consistent huge performances. OBJ hurts that because of his sense of entitlement regarding how many targets he should get.

I legitimately think it's possible that Baker does better in an offense where he is spreading the ball out a ton to Njoku/Hooper/Landry/Higgins/RBs rather than one where he is trying to force the ball to OBJ.

This. I don't think Baker needs a true standout #1 WR, but rather just a collection of good targets. I felt that way after his rookie year when there were rumors we were trading for OBJ. I was still happy to get OBJ, but I didn't think we needed him.

OBJ better get going soon though. His performance yesterday was atrocious and he no longer has the excuse of playing with an injury. If he's not better than he was last season and yesterday, then I think he'll be gone this offseason.

OBJ was getting open yesterday though against one of the best secondaries in the league, yes Baker was forcing the ball to him but he should have given what he was seeing.  Baker missed some throws and OBJ had some huge drops.  They both need to step up.  I'm happy to see this forum is just as reactionary as it always has been 😃

• Like 2

I was a huge fan of OBJ and was over the moon when we got him. Now my feelings is to get rid of him. Everyone wants to kill baker because OBJ isn’t performing. the baker OBJ connection has been a massive disappointment and OBJ shares equal blame for it. 

I’m sorry that was a sloppyass route right there. He rounded off that in cut very badly. Peters made a better cut on it. If OBJ. Actually runs the route well, Peters doesn’t under cut it and OBJ gets an easy catch. You add this lazy crap with the dropped ridiculously easy pass...it’s enough. Landry needs to call him out. I’m to the point I would rather see Landry and Higgins out there.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

I’m sorry that was a sloppyass route right there. He rounded off that in cut very badly. Peters made a better cut on it. If OBJ. Actually runs the route well, Peters doesn’t under cut it and OBJ gets an easy catch. You add this lazy crap with the dropped ridiculously easy pass...it’s enough. Landry needs to call him out. I’m to the point I would rather see Landry and Higgins out there.  

Throw was worse, didn't matter if he rounded the route if the ball isn't out in front where it should have been.  Bad route worse throw that should have been a first down if they both executed.

5 minutes ago, clevenowin said:

Throw was worse, didn't matter if he rounded the route if the ball isn't out in front where it should have been.  Bad route worse throw that should have been a first down if they both executed.

Just saying if you are going to pout and crying and be negative. You prolly should make sure you’re not messing up. Better route leads to a catch.